Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • classix
    • By classix 24th Nov 17, 5:24 PM
    • 33Posts
    • 2Thanks
    classix
    Parking charge notice from Civil Enforcement Ltd
    • 24th Nov 17, 5:24 PM
    Parking charge notice from Civil Enforcement Ltd 24th Nov 17 at 5:24 PM
    Hi
    After successfully fighting a Lidl ticket I'm now back for advice about a ticket my wife got.
    The company is called Civil Enforcement Ltd. My wife parked in a car park but the ticket machine wasn't working and hasn't worked for sometime apparently. There was an alternative option to pay by phone which she couldn't take up as she only had cash.
    Any chance of getting ticket cancelled.
    Cheers
Page 2
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 26th Nov 17, 11:36 AM
    • 15,886 Posts
    • 24,632 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    And i will also send the appeal in using the given template.
    Standard forum advice for submitting your initial appeal:

Make sure that your initial appeal is sent to the PPC by their deadline date, normally 28 days from the date on the NtK, otherwise you can kiss goodbye to POPLA.

Also, equally important in the submission of the initial appeal, you follow precisely the method by which they require you to send the appeal. If it says by email, don’t send it by post (or vice versa). If it asks for the keeper’s name and full postal address - give it, don’t provide an email address instead, or try to be clever with a M Mouse, Orlando, Florida!

Be careful of any drop down box if the appeal is via a website appeals portal, that defaults to ‘I am/was the driver’ - make sure that isn’t shown when you press the ‘Send’ button.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 26th Nov 17, 3:52 PM
    • 16,895 Posts
    • 20,996 Thanks
    Redx
    Thank you. With the previous ticket from Lidl once i contacted ceo they agreed to cancel it and i never contacted the parking company again.
    I have managed to get QDs ceo name and address from Google. I'll email today but the ticket here is different to Lidl as QD had a ticket machine in the car park. Although it wasn't working there was an option to pay by phone. This is obviously no good for those who don't have a mobile or only use cash. So I'll have to write my email on the basis of having only cash. Unless you guys think there is something better i should include.
    And i will also send the appeal in using the given template.
    Originally posted by classix
    now that you have your "serious" hat on your plan is a good one and do not add any text to any appeal or complaint unless you know it does not give the game away

just stick to the tried and tested plans of landowner cancellation and an initial appeal as keeper as the backstop

I think you now understand your options and why we gave them to you to mull over

good luck
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • classix
    • By classix 27th Nov 17, 7:21 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    classix
    struggling a bit on how to effectively word the email with regard to the fact that the machine wasn't working but there was an option to phone and pay. Any thoughts appreciated
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 27th Nov 17, 7:41 AM
    • 1,144 Posts
    • 1,173 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Just show us what you have
    State that while there was a phone and pay option the driver only had cash / whatever was the truth.
    • classix
    • By classix 27th Nov 17, 3:26 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    classix
    This ids what i have come up with

As the registered keeper, the driver has recently recieved a parking charge notice (PCN), reference 0 003 127 287 dated 25/09/17 from CE Ltd relating to my vehicle. This PCN states that the driver did not pay for parking the registered keepers car in the QD car park.

I am very disappointed that as a customer of QD I am being treated in such a way. On parking my car the driver went to pay only to find the pay machine not working. With no way to pay the driver left a note on my dashboard to indicate that they had attempted to pay but was unable to. The driver then went into the QD store to do their shopping.

On previous visits the pay machine has sometimes been working and other times not. When it works payment is made and when it doesn't work a note is left.

We are extremely unhappy with this situation and will certainly reconsider visiting your stores in future if this PCN is not cancelled. A parking charge because a pay machine is not working is very unfair. It also does not justify the excessive parking charge of £90 especially as there were plenty of spaces free

I will also be contacting CE Ltd directly, however I would appreciate confirmation that you will support loyal QD customers by cancelling this PCN.
    Last edited by classix; 27-11-2017 at 8:16 PM.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 27th Nov 17, 4:02 PM
    • 16,895 Posts
    • 20,996 Thanks
    Redx
    unless you want them all to know who was driving , then the use of the word I should be avoided

the pcn does not state that YOU did not pay for parking the vehicle

it states that THE DRIVER failed to pay for parking

THE DRIVER went to the faulty payment machine

etc

assuming you alter the wording so that nobody can pinpoint who was driving , it seems a reasonable complaint

for example , there could have been 3 people in the vehicle

the driver
    the keeper
    + YOU as the customer of the shop , sitting in the back seat

think about it !!!

the WE part is fine
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • classix
    • By classix 27th Nov 17, 4:06 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    classix
    Thanks for that redx i will certainly reword it.

Should i mention anything about the option to pay by phone?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 27th Nov 17, 4:07 PM
    • 16,895 Posts
    • 20,996 Thanks
    Redx
    I wont second guess your complaint wording

the rule of thumb here is

you post your draft

we read and it give critique like I did above

personally I never use the phone to pay for parking so have no experience of it either way
    Newbies !!
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 27th Nov 17, 4:48 PM
    • 4,734 Posts
    • 3,072 Thanks
    KeithP
    Thanks for that redx i will certainly reword it.
    And you would be wise to reword post #25 similarly.

The private parking companies are known to search forums like this waiting for people to trip themselves up.
    • classix
    • By classix 27th Nov 17, 8:16 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    classix
    I've amended post 25. Any better?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 27th Nov 17, 8:20 PM
    • 4,734 Posts
    • 3,072 Thanks
    KeithP
    I've amended post 25. Any better?
    A bit better, but still not right.

Just read the start of the first sentence again and you should be able to see what is wrong.
    Last edited by KeithP; 27-11-2017 at 8:22 PM.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 27th Nov 17, 8:22 PM
    • 16,895 Posts
    • 20,996 Thanks
    Redx
    This ids what i have come up with

As the registered keeper, the keeper has recently received a parking charge notice (PCN), reference 1 234 567 890 dated 25/09/17 from CE Ltd relating to my vehicle. This PCN states that the driver did not pay for parking the registered keepers car in the QD car park.

I am very disappointed that as a customer of QD I am being treated in such a way. On parking the vehicle the driver went to pay only to find the pay machine not working. With no way to pay the driver left a note on the dashboard to indicate that they had attempted to pay but was unable to. The driver then went into the QD store to do their shopping.

On previous visits the pay machine has sometimes been working and other times not. When it works payment is made and when it doesn't work a note is left.

We are extremely unhappy with this situation and will certainly reconsider visiting your stores in future if this PCN is not cancelled. A parking charge because a pay machine is not working is very unfair. It also does not justify the excessive parking charge of £90 especially as there were plenty of spaces free

I will also be contacting CE Ltd directly, however I would appreciate confirmation that you will support loyal QD customers by cancelling this PCN.
    I have reworded it in bold to remove the personalisation that was still in the draft , otherwise its a good attempt
    Newbies !!
    • classix
    • By classix 28th Nov 17, 6:30 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    classix
    Great I'll get that sent today
    • classix
    • By classix 29th Nov 17, 7:46 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    classix
    I tried sending the email today but apparently the email address is wrong. However its the only one i could find on Google. It was for Nick rubin. Any ideas
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 29th Nov 17, 8:34 PM
    • 15,886 Posts
    • 24,632 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I tried sending the email today but apparently the email address is wrong. However its the only one i could find on Google. It was for Nick rubin. Any ideas
    We can’t paste a link to the website, but if you do a Google search on ‘CEO email addresses’ you’ll come to the website, which might be able to help.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 29-11-2017 at 8:36 PM.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • classix
    • By classix 30th Nov 17, 6:10 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    classix
    I did that and there is only one site that has an email address but it doesn't work
    • classix
    • By classix 30th Nov 17, 6:57 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    classix
    I've sent the email to a more general qd stores email address.

With regards to the appeal email and in particular the following part

I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in!ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis.!Your unremarkable and obscure signs were not seen by the driver, are in very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers.

The signs at the car park entrance are very clear. The signs do say that you can park and pay by machine or over phone. Should i take this part out and perhaps mention the fact that they were not fulfilling their part of the contract by ensuring pay machine was in order?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 30th Nov 17, 8:21 AM
    • 15,886 Posts
    • 24,632 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Have you read the Beavis case?

• classix
    • By classix 30th Nov 17, 10:16 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    classix
    I haven't read the beavis case. I'm taking it its relevant so where would i find it and I'll have a read.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 30th Nov 17, 10:37 AM
    • 15,886 Posts
    • 24,632 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I haven't read the beavis case. I'm taking it its relevant so where would i find it and I'll have a read.
    Here you go, I Googled it for you.

https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/docs/uksc-2013-0280-judgment.pdf

All 85 of 124 pages of much legalese. I’d save yourself and just leave the signage paragraph in from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky!

If you are going to to read it and can improve on the signage paragraph, we’ll happily look at your draft.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

520Posts Today

3,894Users online

Martin's Twitter