Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FelineFan
    • By FelineFan 24th Nov 17, 3:33 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 3Thanks
    FelineFan
    Advise - Immediate Resignation prior to Disiplinary Investigation
    • 24th Nov 17, 3:33 PM
    Advise - Immediate Resignation prior to Disiplinary Investigation 24th Nov 17 at 3:33 PM
    Hi
    Whilst in a highly stressed state, (due to working conditions & treatment), I ranted at my boss (whilst we were in a room alone together) and said something in the heat of the moment, which he then reported and it has been deemed as gross misconduct.
    I was told there was going to be an investigation, which may lead to my dismissal.
    I have only worked for the company for 8 months, but did pass my 6 month probation with flying colours.
    However, I handed in my resignation, prior to the investigation, thinking this would stop any investigation in its tracks. This was not the case.
    However I was given 2 options. 1) Leave via immediate resignation, no investigation would take place and Iíd effectively leave with a clean slate/no black mark OR 2) work my notice, an investigation would still be carried out, during which time, could still lead to my instant dismissal.
    Does the 1st option sound legal? Iím worried Iíve been stitched up, for want of a better description.
    Iím still awaiting a letter from HR to confirm this.
    Thank you
Page 5
    • Takeaway_Addict
    • By Takeaway_Addict 2nd Dec 17, 11:07 AM
    • 5,670 Posts
    • 6,469 Thanks
    Takeaway_Addict
    You want us back in medieval times then bud?
    Originally posted by Chrysalis
    Any need for the 'bud' or were you trying to be patronising?
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,228Posts Today

6,080Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin