Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • am59
    • By am59 24th Nov 17, 1:54 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 2Thanks
    am59
    moving from Now to VM
    • 24th Nov 17, 1:54 PM
    moving from Now to VM 24th Nov 17 at 1:54 PM
    My neighbourhood was recently cabled and Virgin were offering some good deals, so I am giving up my £30pm Now bundle for a £35 VM bundle with better broadband and TV, but with no landline, apparently virgin have none available.

As I never use the landline, just the mobile, and the only callers are cold ones, I wasn't too bothered. But the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to keep my landline number.

After a bit of research I signed up for a VOIP service with Sipgate which offers a free geographical number. It also has the option to port your old number, brilliant I thought. But... whilst most BT and their re-sellers etc numbers can be ported easily, Sky is on a list that can't be done. So, they asked me to ask Now:

"to confirm which service provider is currently hosting your number 01383 #####2. Please ask them to provide you with the cupid code for their CSP for your number"

As the line was originally a BT line, this should be easily done, but when I called Now, chap said " we don't do that" and hung up. My 2 subsequent emails requesting this information have gone unanswered after the initial response.

I'm probably running out of time as the landline will be disconnected in about 10 days. I just find it disappointing that it is so difficult to port a landline and the lack of any response from Now very poor.

Rant over.
    Angus
    Last edited by am59; 24-11-2017 at 1:56 PM.
Page 1
    • cranford
    • By cranford 4th Dec 17, 9:13 AM
    • 88 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    cranford
    • 4th Dec 17, 9:13 AM
    • 4th Dec 17, 9:13 AM
    I dont see the problem if you only have cold calls. If you are worried about not having a backup telephone to your mobile then just buy a £15 pay and go sim free mobile and get the cheapest sim. And use it once every 6 months to keep it active.
    Last edited by cranford; 04-12-2017 at 9:23 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

213Posts Today

1,580Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin