Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chilternflyer
    • By Chilternflyer 23rd Nov 17, 6:19 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Chilternflyer
    eBay - Non receipt of goods
    • 23rd Nov 17, 6:19 PM
    eBay - Non receipt of goods 23rd Nov 17 at 6:19 PM
    I bought a £180 E-bike kit off an eBay 'UK' seller two months ago. They sent it using YODEL.
    initially, Yodel claimed to have delivered it to my front porch (but I don't have one!) I never received the parcel.
    The seller on EBay is not interested because Yodel said they have delivered it. Ebay said the same so I lost my appeal.
    I used resolver to eventually get Yodel to investigate what happened. They now agree that the parcel was lost and have told me that they have updated their system so that the seller can make a claim.
    Yodel told me to to ask the seller to make a claim.
    The seller has not bothered and just said we can't Yodel won't let us.
    I've gone back to eBay and they say that I can't prove anything even though I've given them a copy of the last email from yodel with the case number and conclusion written on it.

Basically: I've not received my goods. The courier now admit that they made a mistake and have failed to deliver my goods to me. Both the seller and ebay are now ignoring me.
    What do I do now?
Page 1
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 23rd Nov 17, 6:21 PM
    • 4,932 Posts
    • 3,936 Thanks
    glentoran99
    • 23rd Nov 17, 6:21 PM
    • 23rd Nov 17, 6:21 PM
    have you tried a paypal case? How did you fund the transaction?
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 23rd Nov 17, 6:31 PM
    • 11,420 Posts
    • 7,692 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 23rd Nov 17, 6:31 PM
    • 23rd Nov 17, 6:31 PM
    have you tried a paypal case? How did you fund the transaction?
    Originally posted by glentoran99
    A PayPal case will be ruled the same way.

OP, have you told the seller that Yodel are willing to have a claim opened? Have you asked eBay to appeal the original decision and asked if you can submit your final evidence? You say you lost your appeal, do you mean you lost your case or that you appealed and lost?
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 23rd Nov 17, 6:34 PM
    • 4,932 Posts
    • 3,936 Thanks
    glentoran99
    • 23rd Nov 17, 6:34 PM
    • 23rd Nov 17, 6:34 PM
    A PayPal case will be ruled the same way.

OP, have you told the seller that Yodel are willing to have a claim opened? Have you asked eBay to appeal the original decision and asked if you can submit your final evidence? You say you lost your appeal, do you mean you lost your case or that you appealed and lost?
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup

Not if yodel have now updated the delivery status to show as un delivered
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 23rd Nov 17, 6:37 PM
    • 11,420 Posts
    • 7,692 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 23rd Nov 17, 6:37 PM
    • 23rd Nov 17, 6:37 PM
    Not if yodel have now updated the delivery status to show as un delivered
    Originally posted by glentoran99
    Where did you read that? Did I miss it in the OP; that the status had been updated?
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 23rd Nov 17, 6:38 PM
    • 4,932 Posts
    • 3,936 Thanks
    glentoran99
    • 23rd Nov 17, 6:38 PM
    • 23rd Nov 17, 6:38 PM
    Where did you read that? Did I miss it in the OP; that the status had been updated?

that's what I took from this

They now agree that the parcel was lost and have told me that they have updated their system
    Originally posted by Chilternflyer

OP what does it show if you enter the tracking on the yodel website?
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 23rd Nov 17, 6:41 PM
    • 11,420 Posts
    • 7,692 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 23rd Nov 17, 6:41 PM
    • 23rd Nov 17, 6:41 PM
    that's what I took from this

Originally Posted by Chilternflyer View Post
    They now agree that the parcel was lost and have told me that they have updated their system
    Half a sentence?

What was said is actually here:

They now agree that the parcel was lost and have told me that they have updated their system so that the seller can make a claim.
    Not as conclusive as you say. Let's hope it's the former and not how it was said.
    Last edited by theonlywayisup; 23-11-2017 at 6:43 PM.
    • Chilternflyer
    • By Chilternflyer 23rd Nov 17, 6:54 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chilternflyer
    • 23rd Nov 17, 6:54 PM
    • 23rd Nov 17, 6:54 PM
    HI Everyone,
    I think the stress is getting to me.
    YODEL appear to be lying to me again. I've just checked the status of my parcel and it still says delivered to a safe place.

It seems that some people will go to any lengths to avoid the putting things right or treating people fairly. I really HATE being lied to.
    I think that a trip over to Hatfield with a few friends and baseball bats is in order!
    • Chilternflyer
    • By Chilternflyer 23rd Nov 17, 7:08 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chilternflyer
    • 23rd Nov 17, 7:08 PM
    • 23rd Nov 17, 7:08 PM
    Yep.. and I sent them a copy of the email from resolver.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 23rd Nov 17, 7:09 PM
    • 11,420 Posts
    • 7,692 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    HI Everyone,
    I think the stress is getting to me.
    YODEL appear to be lying to me again. I've just checked the status of my parcel and it still says delivered to a safe place.

It seems that some people will go to any lengths to avoid the putting things right or treating people fairly. I really HATE being lied to.
    I think that a trip over to Hatfield with a few friends and baseball bats is in order!
    The tracking status doesn't usually update, so it may not be a case of Yodel lying to you.....

The issue is, your seller can see the tracking (which says delivered) and you are telling the seller it isn't.

Now the case is closed, drop the seller an email/ebay message with the screenshot/transcript from Yodel showing the item is lost and they will allow them to claim. The seller (if they are half decent) should do this. But you are at their mercy.

How did you fund the Paypal payment - specifically.
    • Chilternflyer
    • By Chilternflyer 23rd Nov 17, 7:09 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chilternflyer
    Ebay keep sending me automated (or cut and paste) replies. My case is 'closed' and they aren't reading my emails.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 23rd Nov 17, 7:11 PM
    • 11,420 Posts
    • 7,692 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Ebay keep sending me automated (or cut and paste) replies. My case is 'closed' and they aren't reading my emails.
    You may need to ring to appeal, ask them to open an appeal based on an incorrect delivery.

Ask them for a link to upload the evidence.
    • Chilternflyer
    • By Chilternflyer 23rd Nov 17, 7:26 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chilternflyer
    The tracking status doesn't usually update, so it may not be a case of Yodel lying to you.....

The issue is, your seller can see the tracking (which says delivered) and you are telling the seller it isn't.

Now the case is closed, drop the seller an email/ebay message with the screenshot/transcript from Yodel showing the item is lost and they will allow them to claim. The seller (if they are half decent) should do this. But you are at their mercy.

How did you fund the Paypal payment - specifically.
    I did that a week ago when I told them that the way is clear to make a claim.
    I thought it had gone though paypal. I have a receipt from paypal but no transaction. It also doesn't appear on my paypal account.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 23rd Nov 17, 7:31 PM
    • 11,420 Posts
    • 7,692 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    I did that a week ago when I told them that the way is clear to make a claim.
    I thought it had gone though paypal. I have a receipt from paypal but no transaction. It also doesn't appear on my paypal account.
    Did you pay as a "guest" on Paypal? If so it won't show on your account.

My question was, how did you fund the Paypal payment? Some card companies/banks will allow a chargeback. You could try that route.

Failing that, (and after a further nudge to the seller with the info you have) you will need to send them an LBA (google Letter Before Action) and follow up (if needs be) with a MCOL.
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 23rd Nov 17, 9:07 PM
    • 15,386 Posts
    • 21,004 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    Did you buy it from a business seller?
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
    • Chilternflyer
    • By Chilternflyer 23rd Nov 17, 10:29 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chilternflyer
    Did you pay as a "guest" on Paypal? If so it won't show on your account.

My question was, how did you fund the Paypal payment? Some card companies/banks will allow a chargeback. You could try that route.

Failing that, (and after a further nudge to the seller with the info you have) you will need to send them an LBA (google Letter Before Action) and follow up (if needs be) with a MCOL.
    From what I remember, I paid for it the same way as I do with all of my eBay purchases. That's why I'm a bit puzzled about why I've received an email with a paypal receipt and not a paypal transaction. it was founded direct from my bank account. so that won't help me.
    Thanks for the tip on the LBA.
    • Chilternflyer
    • By Chilternflyer 23rd Nov 17, 10:33 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chilternflyer
    Did you buy it from a business seller?
    Originally posted by pinkshoes
    Yes it was a business seller. Unfortunately they are a Chinese company with a business registered in the UK. They had thousands transactions with good feedback so it seemed a safe bet to buy from them.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 24th Nov 17, 6:53 AM
    • 11,420 Posts
    • 7,692 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Yes it was a business seller. Unfortunately they are a Chinese company with a business registered in the UK. They had thousands transactions with good feedback so it seemed a safe bet to buy from them.
    That's a shame as my suggestion of LBA and further action won't work then either.

Your only hope it to convince eBay to appeal the decision. You will need to convince them the item hasn't been delivered and that the carrier confirms this (telling them the path is open to make a claim won't be understood by them).

As for Paypal, if you manage to open a case there (and it sounds like you paid as a guest) you will have to ring them to open it, but it will go the same way. The only hope is that any appeal you make will be better listened to.
    • Chilternflyer
    • By Chilternflyer 29th Nov 17, 12:44 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chilternflyer
    That's a shame as my suggestion of LBA and further action won't work then either.

Your only hope it to convince eBay to appeal the decision. You will need to convince them the item hasn't been delivered and that the carrier confirms this (telling them the path is open to make a claim won't be understood by them).

As for Paypal, if you manage to open a case there (and it sounds like you paid as a guest) you will have to ring them to open it, but it will go the same way. The only hope is that any appeal you make will be better listened to.
    Thanks for your advice.
    I've just spent 30 minutes on the phone to eBay and then to PayPal. All very nice people. PayPal said that they will open a case and investigate it. I offered them evidence from YODEL saying that the parcel was lost and that the seller should make a claim. My PayPal claim was opened on the phone and promptly closed by the time I'd checked my email!

Lesson learned on this one: Don't trust YODEL, Ebay or PayPal to do the right thing. The morals of these people are unbelievable. Once they have your money they aren't interested in helping anyone other than themselves.
    I'm now £180 poorer this Christmas. ('turds)
    Last edited by Chilternflyer; 29-11-2017 at 12:46 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

254Posts Today

1,257Users online

Martin's Twitter