Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Aquarian72
    • By Aquarian72 23rd Nov 17, 1:38 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Aquarian72
    URGENT Removal Notice/Warrant for son not living at home
    • 23rd Nov 17, 1:38 PM
    URGENT Removal Notice/Warrant for son not living at home 23rd Nov 17 at 1:38 PM
    Hi, I woke up to find a removal notice from Marston Holdings in my letterbox for my son, I called and spoke to a rather brash man, I told him my son hasn't used my address for his post since last Oct (2016) and I've informed courts previously of this. He told me that it doesn't matter if my son is/is not living at my home, the warrant gives him the right to enter my property and remove my goods and I have to prove they belong to me within 7 days at court. I've also informed him I am disabled and I do not cope well with stressful situations, he didn't care.

I phoned the police in tears (101) who informed me it's a civil matter and I have no choice but to let the bailiff's in. I have phoned my son twice but it's possible he's in work and cannot answer calls.

The police suggested I go to the CAB for advice but I know I can get the same level of advice from here which suits my disability by not having to get dressed and struggle to get out the door.

Do I have no rights here? I may still have some receipts but my tv is prob over 5-7 yrs old, goodness knows where that is, my Macbook is on loan while mine gets fixed by a friend, I can prove my ipads belong to me but the man said he will take things from my home regardless, I have to go to court with the receipts to get them back. He doesn't care that my son doesn't live here, the warrant is for my address and that's that.

I am so stressed, I've cried twice and I'm waiting for my new microwave to be delivered today which I guess the lovely man from Marston's will take before I've had a chance to try it out.

I don't know the actual address my son is living in now but I could point out the door on a streetmap map, but the girl he's with has a 4 yr old daughter and I'm guessing she doesn't have a lot of gear worth much, it's not fair to send them to her door but likewise it's not right that my life is disrupted thanks to my wayward son.

Oh and I have a car from Motability, how do I prove I'm the owner and not my son or can they just take or clamp my car too? If that happens I can't get to work due to it being my only means of transport. Please be kind in your replies, I'm a little fragile and about to cry again!

Lisa
Page 2
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 2nd Dec 17, 7:41 AM
    • 11,652 Posts
    • 8,784 Thanks
    fatbelly
    I hope that was bailiffadviceonline. There are lots of dodgy websites out there.

It would be nice to think that Marstons might eventually apologise to you but that seems unlikely
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,015Posts Today

6,121Users online

Martin's Twitter