Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • V3cash
    • By V3cash 23rd Nov 17, 6:21 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 5Thanks
    V3cash
    Starting to see the light
    • 23rd Nov 17, 6:21 AM
    Starting to see the light 23rd Nov 17 at 6:21 AM
    Hi Iím new to this forum, post to the forum occasionally but feel it may help to keep a diary in my final push to be debt free.
    This year I found my mortgage of £13,500 had 2 years left to run so I changed it to a Sainsburyís 2.7% interest loan instead as itís tricky getting a new 2 yr mortgage with good rates.
    I was extremely lucky to have been part of the widening access scheme at work so got a
    £4,500 tax rebate, I have never in my life received anything so it was a real bonus!
    Anyway I have scrimped and saved to pay this off and have £2600 left to pay which I plan to do this month as I have £2000 sitting in a rubbish savings account and payment in December will finish it off.
    I still have other debts that I have steadily paid off but here is how it stands
    At present
    £1995 wage 1
    £1200-1400(bank wages vary)wage 2
    Chb £82
    Loan £578/mth
    Household bills £523
    Visa card(paid in full monthly)£850
    Includes groceries, Petrol, clothes, extras
    D Dance classes £155/mth
    Groomer £14/mth
    Other debts
    0% card 1= £4175
    0%card 2=£2393
    Student loan £4000

Savings £2000(to use to pay off loan)
    £700 virgin Isa
    £1700 HSBC 5% interest AC until February
    I am presently changing 0% card 1 to another 0%card as this comes to an end soon
    But I refuse to pay Balance transfer fees, I get round it by always getting a 0% purchase card then paying off other 0%card with money spent, hard to explain on paper but it gets round what I think are hefty fees now and better in my pocket than credit card companies.
    I have for the last 3 years cashed in on all the bank accounts that pay you money.
    I never understand people who say they canít be bothered???
    I am shortly returning to study at Uni for 2 years so I will only be getting a small bursery or £466 but I am extremely grateful as my course is paid unlike some poor students but it will mean budgeting as I also want to clear my debt.
    I canít cancel my daughters dance classes as itís something she wants to do professionally and as she has a medical syndrome it keeps her healthy so this is a necessity unfortunately.
Page 1
    • V3cash
    • By V3cash 23rd Nov 17, 6:25 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    V3cash
    • 23rd Nov 17, 6:25 AM
    • 23rd Nov 17, 6:25 AM
    I have a spending tracker app which I’ve used for last two years which is brilliant and helps me with budgeting.i would recommend getting one if you haven’t already
    • V3cash
    • By V3cash 4th Dec 17, 12:59 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    V3cash
    • 4th Dec 17, 12:59 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 12:59 PM
    So I have received my letter today from Sainsbury's bank telling me I have one more payment of £526.67 left to pay on the 11th this month,just in time for Christmas.
    When I get the letter saying its paid I am going to wrap it as a Christmas gift for my wonderful husband.
    He has nothing to do with money,just lets me get on with it,he thinks we have 13 more months to go on loan.
    I actually cant believe we have paid £13,500 in 11 months,feeling proud
    Still have 2, 0% cards to go
    one of £4187(0% virgin card one expires in 6 months)
    the other £2393(0% AA card expires 1/1/19)
    I am currently in the process of spending on virgin card 2, 0% to transfer £4187 so i don't pay transfer fee.
    So today was a no spend day and i made soup out of vegetables I was going to throw away
    made some scones yesterday and froze most of them so i wouldn't just eat them.
    I have made a meal planner this week and will be strict with this.
    I just may need to get some fresh fruit in the middle of the week.
    I have also hung some towels outside today and plan on trying to utilize this sunshine we have to dry some clothes.
    I walked rather than drove to meet friend for coffee and it was her turn to pay therefore no spend this week on coffee.
    I also got the old artificial Christmas tree out and hang loads of decs on rather than get an expensive real one which we normally do.
    anyway off to hang more washing out as the sun is shining and clean house as that's free and will make me feel better when its tidy and clean.
    • louby40
    • By louby40 5th Dec 17, 7:51 AM
    • 1,188 Posts
    • 3,262 Thanks
    louby40
    • 5th Dec 17, 7:51 AM
    • 5th Dec 17, 7:51 AM
    Wow that’s amazing that you’ve paid so much off! Well done, and what a fab present for your husband!
    Parent loan PAID IN FULL
    Emergency fund £670/£1000. Christmas savings £50/£600 Car maintenance £100/600
    Kitchen July £12,493 NOV £10,493. 18% paid off
    Barclaycard £142
    Car loan £2696 Mortgage £94,992
    TOTAL DEBT (with mortgage) = £108,323 (without mortgage) = £13,331
    • FiscalPickle
    • By FiscalPickle 5th Dec 17, 7:56 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    FiscalPickle
    • 5th Dec 17, 7:56 AM
    • 5th Dec 17, 7:56 AM
    Wow v3cash the discipline you must have had to pay that much off in 11 months! I’m in awe
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

217Posts Today

1,922Users online

Martin's Twitter