Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • C.C.L.
    • By C.C.L. 22nd Nov 17, 6:17 PM
    • 358Posts
    • 258Thanks
    C.C.L.
    Winter fuel payments
    • 22nd Nov 17, 6:17 PM
    Winter fuel payments 22nd Nov 17 at 6:17 PM
    Hi, does anyone know if they've changed the way they pay WFP?
    We've always had £100 each sent seperately but this year my husband got a letter saying they were paying him £200. It's already in the bank.
    It just makes me wonder if they don't have us down as being together, or that the payment of it has changed. TIA.
Page 1
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 22nd Nov 17, 6:37 PM
    • 8,623 Posts
    • 5,098 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 22nd Nov 17, 6:37 PM
    • 22nd Nov 17, 6:37 PM
    Hi, does anyone know if they've changed the way they pay WFP?
    We've always had £100 each sent seperately but this year my husband got a letter saying they were paying him £200. It's already in the bank.
    It just makes me wonder if they don't have us down as being together, or that the payment of it has changed. TIA.
    Originally posted by C.C.L.

We have had £100 each since both were eligible and have received separate letters for £100. This year my husband had his £100 letter, but I haven't received mine, though it's happened before and both £100s were still paid.

It's odd that they would assume you were not together. If you share a bank account was the £200 in the form of two lots of £100 ? Otherwise someone has made a mistake so make sure you inform them or they could ask for the money back at an inconvenient time.
    • C.C.L.
    • By C.C.L. 22nd Nov 17, 7:32 PM
    • 358 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    C.C.L.
    • 22nd Nov 17, 7:32 PM
    • 22nd Nov 17, 7:32 PM
    Hi Teddysmum, yes we share a bank account, and same as you hubby used to get his letter then I'd get mine but 2x£100 would still be paid.
    Nothings changed apart from our address but we both changed that with DWP, PIP and all the other usual ones. I've checked the .GOV site and it still says £100 each. Strange. I'll have to get hubby to ring them tomorrow as I haven't had a letter but he has. Thanks for the reply.
    Edited to add:- the payment to the bank was for one payment of £200.
    • C.C.L.
    • By C.C.L. 23rd Nov 17, 10:47 AM
    • 358 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    C.C.L.
    • 23rd Nov 17, 10:47 AM
    • 23rd Nov 17, 10:47 AM
    Update...rang the winter fuel line this morning and it would appear that I'm due to recieve £200 as well! Problem is when we moved house in July I informed the relevent departments straight away, hubby forgot about the pensions dept so didn't ring for about 6 weeks, so they had us down as living seperately for the qualifying period. I have to ring when I get my letter and they will try and sort it out then as £200 has already been paid in the bank.
    • Gonzoid
    • By Gonzoid 29th Nov 17, 11:09 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gonzoid
    • 29th Nov 17, 11:09 AM
    Winter Fuel Payments
    • 29th Nov 17, 11:09 AM
    Not sure i am in the right place, but can someone tell me is it ok to be on holiday during the qualifying week for winter fuel payments??
    • venison
    • By venison 29th Nov 17, 4:46 PM
    • 1,358 Posts
    • 1,447 Thanks
    venison
    • 29th Nov 17, 4:46 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 4:46 PM
    Not sure i am in the right place, but can someone tell me is it ok to be on holiday during the qualifying week for winter fuel payments??
    Originally posted by Gonzoid
    I can't think of a reason why not, it will just go into your bank as usual
    I am now a Board Guide on the Credit card board and the Loan board and Benefits board (But give me time to learn the ropes thanks).
    • carlislelass
    • By carlislelass 29th Nov 17, 6:06 PM
    • 1,609 Posts
    • 4,008 Thanks
    carlislelass
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:06 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:06 PM
    Update...rang the winter fuel line this morning and it would appear that I'm due to recieve £200 as well! Problem is when we moved house in July I informed the relevent departments straight away, hubby forgot about the pensions dept so didn't ring for about 6 weeks, so they had us down as living seperately for the qualifying period. I have to ring when I get my letter and they will try and sort it out then as £200 has already been paid in the bank.
    I always thought it was £200 per pensioner household, £300 if over 80yrs. Ours came as one letter for both of us.
    • Mojisola
    • By Mojisola 29th Nov 17, 6:44 PM
    • 28,644 Posts
    • 72,972 Thanks
    Mojisola
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:44 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:44 PM
    Update...rang the winter fuel line this morning and it would appear that I'm due to recieve £200 as well!
    You shouldn't both get £200!
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 29th Nov 17, 9:56 PM
    • 8,623 Posts
    • 5,098 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 29th Nov 17, 9:56 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 9:56 PM
    You shouldn't both get £200!
    Originally posted by Mojisola

The OP knows that; hence her post and she has just realised what happened.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,207Posts Today

6,899Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin