Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dipa
    • By Dipa 22nd Nov 17, 4:03 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Dipa
    Highview parking notice Waterfields Watford
    • 22nd Nov 17, 4:03 PM
    Highview parking notice Waterfields Watford 22nd Nov 17 at 4:03 PM
    Hi, I have been issued with a charge notice for waterfields in watford for overstaying the 3 hour limit. I parked there 09 July 2017 and received a notice today, 22 Nov 2017 - dated 20 Nov 2017. This is 4 1/2 months after the incident. Is there anything I can include to appeal this fine based on the length of time it has taken for them to issue the notice?
    thanks
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 22nd Nov 17, 4:06 PM
    • 4,784 Posts
    • 3,135 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 22nd Nov 17, 4:06 PM
    • 22nd Nov 17, 4:06 PM
    Just send the appropriate appeal from post#1 on the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.
    No need to add anything - send it as it is.

Alternatively, you could send the same appeal as the original poster did on that other thread you posted on.
    That seemed to work for a number of people.

Your choice.
    Last edited by KeithP; 22-11-2017 at 4:10 PM.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 22nd Nov 17, 4:13 PM
    • 15,951 Posts
    • 24,742 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 22nd Nov 17, 4:13 PM
    • 22nd Nov 17, 4:13 PM
    Here is a new thread from to day with all the reasoning why HV can send a PCN months after the event. It also tells the poster how to deal with it.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5748268

You are in the same position, so follow the advice in that thread and you could have your PCN cancelled tomorrow.

Any subsequent questions you might have about your PCN should be made here, on your thread, not tagged into the other poster’s thread.

Come back and let us know how you’ve got on.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 22-11-2017 at 4:16 PM.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 22nd Nov 17, 4:17 PM
    • 16,937 Posts
    • 21,066 Thanks
    Redx
    • 22nd Nov 17, 4:17 PM
    • 22nd Nov 17, 4:17 PM
    read this thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5748308

adapt my template appeal and use it as KEEPER to appeal this spurious charge months after the event

hard to believe that HV have jumped on the PE bandwagon for issuing out of date pcn,s that are months old !!!
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 22nd Nov 17, 4:24 PM
    • 15,951 Posts
    • 24,742 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 22nd Nov 17, 4:24 PM
    • 22nd Nov 17, 4:24 PM
    hard to believe that HV have jumped on the PE bandwagon for issuing out of date pcn,s that are months old !!!
    I wonder whether there is a software application they are both using?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Dipa
    • By Dipa 30th Nov 17, 7:57 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dipa
    • 30th Nov 17, 7:57 AM
    Still waiting...
    • 30th Nov 17, 7:57 AM
    On friday night I sent the same appeal message from the other thread and I am still waiting...

Will let you know what happens!
    • Dipa
    • By Dipa 4th Dec 17, 12:36 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dipa
    • 4th Dec 17, 12:36 PM
    Got a reply!!!
    • 4th Dec 17, 12:36 PM
    Just received this...

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your correspondence. With reference to the Parking Charge Notice issued to the above vehicle, after reviewing our data and in view of the representations made in connection with its issue, we can confirm that we have decided to cancel this Notice and no further action is to be taken.

Yours faithfully,

Highview Parking Limited

YESSSSSSS!!!!!

Thank you everyone for your help and advise.

xx
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Dec 17, 12:47 PM
    • 15,951 Posts
    • 24,742 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 4th Dec 17, 12:47 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 12:47 PM
    Well, you didn’t get anywhere near our 2 hour cancellation record with HV!

Nevertheless, a great win. Well done - you’ve got this out of your hair before Christmas, so you don’t have it bothering you over the festive season.

• goodmow
    • By goodmow 5th Dec 17, 6:01 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    goodmow
    • 5th Dec 17, 6:01 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 6:01 PM
    I also received a PCN from Highview for Waterfields Watford on November 22nd for 09 July as well. It stated that i was parked on double yellow lines for 2 hours and 49 minutes. The two pictures on the paperwork show me driving into the car park and then on the other side of the road exiting the car park 2 hours and 49 minutes later. It might be funny if it wasn't so ridiculous. I sent an appeal to them on the same day. Rejected.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your correspondence concerning your Parking Charge Notice.

The PCN was issued and the signage is displayed in compliance with The British Parking Association’s Approved Operator Scheme Code of Practice and all relevant laws and regulations.

Clear signs at the entrance of this site and throughout inform drivers of the terms and conditions that apply there. As in this case you exceeded the 2 hours free parking time limit by 49 minutes, there are no grounds for us to reconsider this charge.

In light of this, on this occasion, your representations have been carefully considered and rejected.

We can confirm that we will hold the charge at the current rate of £50.00 for a further 14 days from the date of this correspondence.

----------

You have now reached the end of our internal appeals procedure.

Should i just appeal to POPLA or something else?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 5th Dec 17, 6:04 PM
    • 16,937 Posts
    • 21,066 Thanks
    Redx
    you should really start your own thread

wait for a popla code and appeal it

see the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread for details
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,155Posts Today

5,578Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin