Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PaulPonting
    • By PaulPonting 22nd Nov 17, 3:32 PM
    • 46Posts
    • 10Thanks
    PaulPonting
    G Mail Account- How to find out date when I opened account
    • 22nd Nov 17, 3:32 PM
    G Mail Account- How to find out date when I opened account 22nd Nov 17 at 3:32 PM
    I have forgotten my latest G Mail password. ( I can remember the one before which was only about a month ago). I will not let me change the password without knowing the date I opened my account which was at least 6 years ago. How can I find out the date, or is there any other way I can change my password.
Page 1
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 22nd Nov 17, 4:00 PM
    • 2,217 Posts
    • 1,127 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 22nd Nov 17, 4:00 PM
    • 22nd Nov 17, 4:00 PM
    Try using this link BUT do not press the big green download button marked "Start Now" in the middle of the screen!
    • ballyblack
    • By ballyblack 22nd Nov 17, 4:20 PM
    • 3,470 Posts
    • 1,782 Thanks
    ballyblack
    • 22nd Nov 17, 4:20 PM
    • 22nd Nov 17, 4:20 PM
    Just guess a date 6 years ago, approx is usually enough
    • SurreyRoger
    • By SurreyRoger 23rd Nov 17, 6:37 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    SurreyRoger
    • 23rd Nov 17, 6:37 PM
    • 23rd Nov 17, 6:37 PM
    I have had continue problems with My G Mail account. It looks like someone has entered a new password without my knowledge and am now desperately trying to close the account. I have been unable to do this so far without my new password, I have entered my old password but cannot get into my account to close it. HELP!!!
    • Micron
    • By Micron 23rd Nov 17, 9:54 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    Micron
    • 23rd Nov 17, 9:54 PM
    • 23rd Nov 17, 9:54 PM
    Click on the 'Forgot password?' at the logon screen and ask for a reset code to be sent to your mobile or other email account you might have linked to it.
    Obviously this would only work if the person that now has control of your account has not yet changed these details.
    Last edited by Micron; 23-11-2017 at 9:57 PM.
    • LongLostFriends
    • By LongLostFriends 27th Nov 17, 3:01 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    LongLostFriends
    • 27th Nov 17, 3:01 PM
    • 27th Nov 17, 3:01 PM
    I have also had ongoing problems with my G Mail account but have been unable to close it because of the forgotten/changed password.Without the relevant correct password it appears to be impossible to do anything..I can remember a previous password but when entering this information it gets me nowhere.There does not seem to be any way to contact G Mail with a help desk only a general forum. Any idea please how I can close my account.
    • ballyblack
    • By ballyblack 27th Nov 17, 3:52 PM
    • 3,470 Posts
    • 1,782 Thanks
    ballyblack
    • 27th Nov 17, 3:52 PM
    • 27th Nov 17, 3:52 PM
    You cant close it unless you login to prove its your account and not somebody elses
    • WayneTripp
    • By WayneTripp 2nd Dec 17, 12:26 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    WayneTripp
    • 2nd Dec 17, 12:26 PM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 12:26 PM
    I have suffered the same problem and the G mail account caused problems and it has somehow infected both my I Phone and I Pad . I have been unable to close my G mail but have removed it from my accounts on my I Phone and I Pad which seems to have solved the issue. However the G Mail address is still technically open and if we could close it, genuine friends who we might not of heard from for some time and still E mail us would know the acount was closed. There is no help desk for G mail and we cannot close the account. Surely there must be a way as we can remember the previous password and know the recovery address. HELP
    • ballyblack
    • By ballyblack 2nd Dec 17, 12:59 PM
    • 3,470 Posts
    • 1,782 Thanks
    ballyblack
    • 2nd Dec 17, 12:59 PM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 12:59 PM
    https://myaccount.google.com/preferences?pli=1#deleteservices
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 2nd Dec 17, 3:41 PM
    • 26,225 Posts
    • 10,469 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    I have suffered the same problem and the G mail account caused problems and it has somehow infected both my I Phone and I Pad . I have been unable to close my G mail but have removed it from my accounts on my I Phone and I Pad which seems to have solved the issue. However the G Mail address is still technically open and if we could close it, genuine friends who we might not of heard from for some time and still E mail us would know the acount was closed. There is no help desk for G mail and we cannot close the account. Surely there must be a way as we can remember the previous password and know the recovery address. HELP
    Originally posted by WayneTripp

Ask any Apple fanboy, you cannot infect an Apple product. They are 100% immune from viruses.
    So Gmail couldnt have infected yours.

They would only know the account was closed IF emails get bounced back which does not always happen.

Logon, goto account prefs and select delete, it may ask for your password again, then select delete.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,131Posts Today

5,958Users online

Martin's Twitter