Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 171lee
    • By 171lee 21st Nov 17, 2:49 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 2Thanks
    171lee
    PCN and NTK received next step advice please.
    • 21st Nov 17, 2:49 PM
    PCN and NTK received next step advice please. 21st Nov 17 at 2:49 PM
    I have found the information in the forums Parking Charge Notices very helpful. However I am still confused on a number of issues. I wondered if I outlined my situation you might be able to offer some advice?

In August of this year my car was parked at Droskyn Hill Car Park in Perranporth, Cornwall. The driver paid for a ticket (which we still have) and displayed this on the cars dashboard. However this must have become dislodged somehow as on return to the car a PCN was attached to the vehicle. We lodged an appeal to company who issued the ticket on the basis that we had paid for parking and could prove it with the ticket that we still have in our possession. We did not receive a response. Their website stated that if we had not received a reply to contact them again. We did this and again did not receive a response. After reading up on this through the forums we had no further contact with the parking company until a Notice to Keeper arrived in September 2017. We again responded with an appeal and have since then had this appeal rejected in early November 2017 after they provided us with some photographic evidence of our car in the said car park. We did ask them to provide photographic evidence of signage at the car park, which they did not provide. The latest letter from the parking firm states that we can appeal to the IAS who from reading up on them seem to be affiliated with the IPC whom they are now a member of.

Please could you offer some advice on whether you think we should appeal to the IAS and on what grounds or should we not appeal (there seems to be many differing opinions on this)? We have until the 30th November to lodge an appeal with them. What next steps should we take?

Unfortunately we live in Birmingham so cannot take any photographs of the car park signs.
    I’m sure you are inundated with similar situations and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    Last edited by 171lee; 21-11-2017 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Privacy
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 21st Nov 17, 3:59 PM
    • 17,143 Posts
    • 21,411 Thanks
    Redx
    • 21st Nov 17, 3:59 PM
    • 21st Nov 17, 3:59 PM
    there are NO differing opinions

read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread , carefully , and dont bother with an IAS appeal

sit on your hands

come back if the PPC issues an official LBC or an MCOL arrives from Northampton CCBC within 6 years

keep all paperwork for 6 years

let a judge decide , if the PPC issues an MCOL in that timeframe

and I repeat , we all say , DO NOT BOTHER WITH AN IAS APPEAL
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • 171lee
    • By 171lee 21st Nov 17, 6:10 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    171lee
    • 21st Nov 17, 6:10 PM
    • 21st Nov 17, 6:10 PM
    Thanks Redx.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 21st Nov 17, 8:15 PM
    • 5,100 Posts
    • 3,563 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 21st Nov 17, 8:15 PM
    • 21st Nov 17, 8:15 PM
    Is this Droskyn Hill Car Park another name for Droskyn Car Park?

This thread seems to suggest that Droskyn Car Park is owned by Perranzabuloe Parish Council and as council owned land, is not relevant land in PoFA terms.

IamEmanresu posted a link to the contract between the parish council and AS Parking here.
    Last edited by KeithP; 21-11-2017 at 8:36 PM.
    • 171lee
    • By 171lee 21st Nov 17, 9:11 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    171lee
    • 21st Nov 17, 9:11 PM
    • 21st Nov 17, 9:11 PM
    Thanks KeithP.

I have read through the links that you suggested. I assume Droskyn Hill is the same car park as Droskyn. It's at the top of the hill overlooking the beach.

Am I right thinking that as it is council owned land and I have a valid ticket that I should not have to pay the PCN?

Would you recommend I contact the council through the links that you kindly posted?

Thanks.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 21st Nov 17, 9:20 PM
    • 5,100 Posts
    • 3,563 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 21st Nov 17, 9:20 PM
    • 21st Nov 17, 9:20 PM
    It means that there is no way that AS Parking can transfer liability to the keeper.

So as long as they do not know the driver's identity, then there is nothing to pay.

Redx's post is still the one to follow, but this is good ammo should it ever get to court.

Please edit your opening post to remove clues to the identity of the driver.
    Perhaps your second paragraph should start something like:
    In August of this year my car was parked at Droskyn Hill Car Park in Perranporth, Cornwall. The driver paid for a ticket...
    I hope neither of your appeals to the PPC identified the driver.
    Last edited by KeithP; 21-11-2017 at 9:25 PM.
    • 171lee
    • By 171lee 21st Nov 17, 10:38 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    171lee
    • 21st Nov 17, 10:38 PM
    • 21st Nov 17, 10:38 PM
    Thanks again KeithP. Also for the advice with post writing!

Thankfully the driver has not been identified in any communication.

I will not appeal through IAS and wait to see if there are any developments.

Thanks again.
    • 171lee
    • By 171lee 8th Jan 18, 7:05 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    171lee
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:05 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:05 PM
    Hi,

Please could you offer some advice. Since my last post the PPC have been in contact with a debt recovery service. This recovery service have sent a request for payment and stated that if payment is not made they will recommend that the PPC proceed with a court case. They have also increased the value of the PCN from £100 to £150.

Would you recommend ignoring this and any subsequent debt recovery company letters?

As always any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 8th Jan 18, 7:24 PM
    • 5,100 Posts
    • 3,563 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:24 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:24 PM
    Post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, a thread mentioned earlier by Redx, tells you all you need to know about debt collector's letters.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 8th Jan 18, 7:24 PM
    • 2,241 Posts
    • 2,698 Thanks
    waamo
    Here is the current advice

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=64350614&postcount=4
    This space for hire.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 8th Jan 18, 7:25 PM
    • 17,143 Posts
    • 21,411 Thanks
    Redx
    yes , IGNORE any and ALL debt collectors , they are powerless

read post #4 of the NEWBIES sticky thread which deals with these vermin debt collectors

you should have expected this because this is the impasse stage which may last for up to 6 years, so only come back if you receive a formal LBC or an MCOL in the post (not debt collector drivel) like I told you earlier
    Last edited by Redx; 08-01-2018 at 7:38 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • 171lee
    • By 171lee 8th Jan 18, 7:34 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    171lee
    Thanks for the advice everyone.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,329Posts Today

9,375Users online

Martin's Twitter