Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TMinside
    • By TMinside 21st Nov 17, 2:08 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 4Thanks
    TMinside
    Help with credit report clean up
    • 21st Nov 17, 2:08 PM
    Help with credit report clean up 21st Nov 17 at 2:08 PM
    Hello all,

So I've been cleaning up my credit score and subsequently signed up to Noodle as well as many other credit report services.
    I notice I have 3 accounts that are still showing as open with a status of default. I've checked the default dates which are before the Bankruptcy which is fine. My questions is shouldn't these accounts be closed or marked as part satisfied?

Please could someone advise and what should I do? I've already read through the cleanup thread.
Page 1
    • TMinside
    • By TMinside 23rd Nov 17, 8:10 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    TMinside
    • 23rd Nov 17, 8:10 PM
    • 23rd Nov 17, 8:10 PM
    Bump - can anyone advise help on this?
    • TMinside
    • By TMinside 30th Nov 17, 10:25 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    TMinside
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:25 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:25 PM
    Guys, can anyone help me?
    • haggis0073
    • By haggis0073 30th Nov 17, 10:50 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    haggis0073
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:50 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:50 PM
    there is a sticky at the top of this forum which gives advice on how to clean credit report post bankruptcy, hopefully that is what you are after
    • fermi
    • By fermi 1st Dec 17, 8:24 AM
    • 39,315 Posts
    • 47,137 Thanks
    fermi
    • 1st Dec 17, 8:24 AM
    • 1st Dec 17, 8:24 AM
    My questions is shouldn't these accounts be closed or marked as part satisfied?
    Originally posted by TMinside
    Correct, they should. Expand the details to check, and follow the procedure on the cleanup thread if they are not,.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

614Posts Today

4,359Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Exactly. Politics already suffered from our adversarial system - pushing people to oppose not compromise. That ha? https://t.co/gETVyA6HWA

• RT @bbclaurak: Thanks Martin - we know we can?t please all the people all the time (stands by for grief) but try hard to show how it actual?

• Morning. I'm on my way to my last @GMB 7:40 deals of the week of 2017. This week including gift card warning, free? https://t.co/2dcNviXxsN

• Follow Martin