Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RinatY
    • By RinatY 21st Nov 17, 12:15 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    RinatY
    PCN from UK Parking Ltd in Windsor (rented car)
    • 21st Nov 17, 12:15 PM
    PCN from UK Parking Ltd in Windsor (rented car) 21st Nov 17 at 12:15 PM
    Hello,
    21 days ago I've got the parking charge notice for "Parking after the expired time on the P&D ticket" in Castle Car Park, River Street, Windsor. It is private car park, operator is UK Parking LTD - member of IPC. I'm not a citizen of the UK and the car was rented. There is only 7 days left to appeal, before they could send NTK to rental company.

I have read the newbies thread, and compile the appeal letter. Could you please, check if everything correct?

Dear Sir/Madam
    Re: PCN No. XXXXXXXX
    I challenge this 'PCN' as hirer of the car and subsequently request all future correspondence be sent directly to myself at the address listed below:
    My street: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    My Town: XXXXXXX
    My Country: XXXXXXX
    My Postcode: XXXXXX
    I am the vehicle's hirer and keeper for the purpose of the corresponding definitions under Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (POFA) now it is proven that in this instance, the registered keeper is not the "keeper" (as defined under POFA), Civil Enforcement has no reason to contact rental company again regarding this PCN.

I am the keeper of the vehicle and am aware of your purported 'parking charge'. The driver will not be identified. I require the following information so that I can make an informed decision:
    1. Further, I understand you do not own the car park and you have given me no information about your policy with the landowner or on site businesses, to cancel such a charge. So please supply that policy as required under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013
    2. Is your charge based on damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
    3. Please provide photos of the signs that you say were on site, which you contend formed a contract with the driver.
    4. Please provide all photographs taken of this vehicle.
    5. Please provide proof that the timing of any camera or timer used was synchronised with all other cameras and/or systems & machines.
    Do not send debt collector letters and do not add any costs, which would be a thinly-veiled attempt at 'double recovery'. I will not respond to debt collectors and to involve a third party would be a failure to mitigate your costs as well as deliberate and knowing misuse of my data.
    There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause (e.g. if you do not fully comply with the IPC Code of Practice in terms of signage at this site, as seems likely based on my research) please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach.

I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. Thank you for your cooperation and I look forward to receiving your response within the relevant timescales specified under the International Parking Community Code of Practice.

Yours faithfully,
    My name
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 21st Nov 17, 12:28 PM
    • 33,600 Posts
    • 17,484 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 21st Nov 17, 12:28 PM
    • 21st Nov 17, 12:28 PM
    As you have read the newbies FAQ then you do appreciate the futility of any appeal to an IPC company??
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 21st Nov 17, 12:30 PM
    • 7,763 Posts
    • 8,028 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 21st Nov 17, 12:30 PM
    • 21st Nov 17, 12:30 PM
    actually , in this case , stating clearly the DRIVERS full name and non UK address may be better

with this info they have clearly NO NEED to contact the DVLA or get the hire co involved

OR if you have a UK base (family/friends) use that address , so that it gets past the 6 mth window in which they can legally get info from the DVLA
    Last edited by pappa golf; 21-11-2017 at 12:32 PM.
    • RinatY
    • By RinatY 21st Nov 17, 1:04 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    RinatY
    • 21st Nov 17, 1:04 PM
    • 21st Nov 17, 1:04 PM
    As you have read the newbies FAQ then you do appreciate the futility of any appeal to an IPC company??
    Originally posted by Quentin
    It is not clearly stated in newbies FAQ (or my english is not better enoght to understand it ) So that I should to do? Just to pay the PCN?

actually , in this case , stating clearly the DRIVERS full name and non UK address may be better
    with this info they have clearly NO NEED to contact the DVLA or get the hire co involved
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    Will it just defer the payment? Do I have any chance or they could go to the court any time?
    P.S. I do not have any address in UK.
    Last edited by RinatY; 21-11-2017 at 1:12 PM.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 21st Nov 17, 1:14 PM
    • 7,763 Posts
    • 8,028 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 21st Nov 17, 1:14 PM
    • 21st Nov 17, 1:14 PM
    It is not clearly stated in newbies FAQ (or my english is not better enoght to understand it ) So that I should to do? Just to pay the PCN?

Will it just defer the payment? Do you have any chance or they could go to the court any time?
    Originally posted by RinatY
    what payment , the overstay thing is a poplular one for this company

they could go to the court any time?

they CANNOT serve court papers on you (non UK resident) so therefore cannot take you to court ,

the reason I suggested naiming the driver is that they will get the hire companies name , then the hire Co may well pay it (and invoice you) OR charge you a large admin fee
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 21st Nov 17, 2:43 PM
    • 1,185 Posts
    • 1,226 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 21st Nov 17, 2:43 PM
    • 21st Nov 17, 2:43 PM
    1) Give them the FULL name and serviceable address ie an address you can be contacted at, of the driver
    1a) if they write to yuo at your home address, ensure you respond
    2) They have n ocause to go to the DVLA, if you do get contacted then they have broken the KADOE agreement
    3) they cannot serve papers (or rather, in order to do so they woul dhave to jump through multiple expensive hoops so will not serve papers) as you are outside of the UK
    • RinatY
    • By RinatY 29th Nov 17, 11:52 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    RinatY
    • 29th Nov 17, 11:52 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 11:52 AM
    I have sent them my full contacts as a driver. Today I've received a email about appeal rejection without any concrete information:
    Your vehicle was observed as displaying a time-expired Pay and Display ("P&D") ticket. Please note that you can visit our website; whereby you can review photographs of this parking event. You will note from these images that your ticket expired at 15:06pm. In line with the International Parking Community ("IPC") Code of Practice, the Operator allowed the requisite grace period. As the driver failed to return to the vehicle within this time period, a Parking Charge Notice ("PCN") was issued at 14:49pm.
    That I should do next? Just ignore them or send another message with same requests (to povide any evidence that UK Parking Ltd has rights to issue PCN)?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 29th Nov 17, 12:03 PM
    • 15,951 Posts
    • 24,742 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 29th Nov 17, 12:03 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 12:03 PM
    Have you given them your full postal address, not just an email address in your notification to them?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • bergkamp
    • By bergkamp 29th Nov 17, 12:20 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    bergkamp
    • 29th Nov 17, 12:20 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 12:20 PM
    I have sent them my full contacts as a driver. Today I've received a email about appeal rejection without any concrete information:

That I should do next? Just ignore them or send another message with same requests (to povide any evidence that UK Parking Ltd has rights to issue PCN)?
    Originally posted by RinatY

Your vehicle was observed as displaying a time-expired Pay and Display ("P&D") ticket. Please note that you can visit our website; whereby you can review photographs of this parking event. You will note from these images that your ticket expired at 15:06pm. In line with the International Parking Community ("IPC") Code of Practice, the Operator allowed the requisite grace period. As the driver failed to return to the vehicle within this time period, a Parking Charge Notice ("PCN") was issued at 14:49pm.

Ticket expired at 15:06pm

PCN issued at 14:49pm....

The car was left overnight?
    Last edited by bergkamp; 29-11-2017 at 12:23 PM.
    • RinatY
    • By RinatY 29th Nov 17, 2:00 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    RinatY
    Have you given them your full postal address, not just an email address in your notification to them?
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Yes, full postal address, email, and telephone number

Ticket expired at 15:06pm
    PCN issued at 14:49pm....
    The car was left overnight?
    Originally posted by bergkamp
    Oh. They mixed up the timing in their response. The right timing: ticket expired at 14:49, PCN issued at 15:06
    Last edited by RinatY; 29-11-2017 at 2:18 PM.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 29th Nov 17, 3:45 PM
    • 15,951 Posts
    • 24,742 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    If you’ve given them your postal address (keep the dated copy of what you sent) that’s good. They seem to be responding on the basis of the car belongs to you and you seem to have distracted them away from the hire company. All you can now do is just read anything they send, and file it away.

If anything comes through via the hire company, do come back for more advice.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 29th Nov 17, 3:46 PM
    • 10,253 Posts
    • 9,388 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    And tell the hire company so they do not pay the charge and then hit your card.

Much more difficult to get money back from a PPC no matter how they extract it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,134Posts Today

5,641Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin