Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 21st Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    • 412Posts
    • 2,825Thanks
    WannabeFree
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö
    • 21st Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö 21st Nov 17 at 11:04 AM
    Back in May this year I decided things had to change. I turned to here and received an amazing amount of help and advice. Here I am making a fresh start.

Debt 09/05/2017

Council Tax ú2092.71
    Court Fine ú1250
    Court Fine ú200
    Person 1 ú1000
    Person 2 ú1000
    Person 3 ú1379
    Person 4 ú427
    Debt Total ú7348.71

Rent Arrears ú3381.28

Total ú10729.99

*Person 4 ú575
    *New Debt ú732
    *Debt 1 ú387.29
    *Debt 2 ú1451.40
    *Debt 3 ú1137.73
    *EDF ú3140.65

Total ú18154.06

*As more comes out from under the carpet I will update here.
    Last edited by WannabeFree; 21-11-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Page 3
    • Busy Mee1
    • By Busy Mee1 22nd Nov 17, 8:09 AM
    • 438 Posts
    • 1,729 Thanks
    Busy Mee1
    I'm sure EE replied yesterday before it got deleted. I can't I work too many hours/earn over the amount I think x
    Originally posted by WannabeFree
    Sorry I missed the reply when the thread was deleted. I have to wonder who an earth took offence at your thread, but not to worry you are back and sounding like you are feeling much better.

You truly are an amazing person, and if there was an MSE Mum of the Year award, you would definitely get my vote. No matter what life throws at you, your children always come first.

Hope things start to turn around for you x
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 22nd Nov 17, 8:16 AM
    • 879 Posts
    • 5,116 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Good Morning
    Have a lovely day
    (((((HUGS)))))
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 22nd Nov 17, 9:14 AM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,825 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Sorry I missed the reply when the thread was deleted. I have to wonder who an earth took offence at your thread, but not to worry you are back and sounding like you are feeling much better.

You truly are an amazing person, and if there was an MSE Mum of the Year award, you would definitely get my vote. No matter what life throws at you, your children always come first.

Hope things start to turn around for you x
    Originally posted by Busy Mee1
    Thank you for such a lovely post

Good Morning
    Have a lovely day
    (((((HUGS)))))
    Originally posted by UncannyScot
    Morning x
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.ö
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 22nd Nov 17, 9:21 AM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,825 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Morning

Well today's weather is just wonderful isn't it

I'm not sure what to do today (heading to bed feels so tempting ) but being in bed won't fix anything So maybe not!

Smalls coming back home at weekend I hope. So need to look at meal planning for next week, won't need shopping although might need milk. Need to also add in topping up Gas, think we will need the heating on for youngest especially.. chest infection still there... 4 weeks of antibiotics and steroids

I haven't done any cleaning Not that there's been anyone here to make a mess but will freshen everything over before they are back too.
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.ö
    • Purplemumof2
    • By Purplemumof2 22nd Nov 17, 9:38 AM
    • 5,282 Posts
    • 18,571 Thanks
    Purplemumof2
    Morning lovely,

It's quite dark over this way this morning too I echo the feeling of going back to bed

It'll be good to have the smalls back and I'm sure that they've missed their mum.

Have a lovely day xx
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 791 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
    MBNA: ú7000.00 Cap 1: ú457.35 BC: ú5000.00

AFD 0/10 NSD 0/10 LTW 0/10
    POAMAYC 2018 #?? PD ú0.00/ú4000
    20p Savers 2017 ú2 Savers 2017 50p Savers 2017 SPC 11 2018 #003
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 22nd Nov 17, 9:47 AM
    • 703 Posts
    • 9,646 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Morning
    It's great here north of the border as well and I have to out later to get my flu jab. Oh well looks like I'll be soaked again.
    I have to do some (actually lots) of cleaning after himself goes out to meet his friend. No really I HAVE to do it. It is no longer an option.
    You'll be looking forward to having the wee ones back. I know you miss them.
    Hope you have a good day and maybe get some positive outcomes.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 22nd Nov 17, 11:06 AM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,825 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Morning PMO2 and TF

I have missed them and while I'm sure they've missed me I think the amount of fun they've been having will outweigh missing me Will be good to have them home though.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 22nd Nov 17, 11:07 AM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,825 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Someone has sent me post today and I don't know who it is? Can you own up so I can say thank you?

x
    • Purplemumof2
    • By Purplemumof2 22nd Nov 17, 11:54 AM
    • 5,282 Posts
    • 18,571 Thanks
    Purplemumof2
    Someone has sent me post today and I don't know who it is? Can you own up so I can say thank you?

x
    Originally posted by WannabeFree
    What a lovely thing to do, hope you find out who it is xx
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 791 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
    MBNA: ú7000.00 Cap 1: ú457.35 BC: ú5000.00

AFD 0/10 NSD 0/10 LTW 0/10
    POAMAYC 2018 #?? PD ú0.00/ú4000
    20p Savers 2017 ú2 Savers 2017 50p Savers 2017 SPC 11 2018 #003
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 22nd Nov 17, 12:34 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,825 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    What a lovely thing to do, hope you find out who it is xx
    Originally posted by Purplemumof2
    It really is, but I have no idea who it's from to say thank you x
    • XSpender
    • By XSpender 22nd Nov 17, 12:37 PM
    • 2,703 Posts
    • 27,948 Thanks
    XSpender
    Lovely to see you posting again and so positive too xx
    EF ú1000 - ú0
    • EssexHebridean
    • By EssexHebridean 22nd Nov 17, 12:45 PM
    • 8,227 Posts
    • 43,495 Thanks
    EssexHebridean
    That's a lovely thing to have a nice surprise arrive.

I apologise - I think we must have all the nice weather from what the rest of you are saying about yours! Mind you it was grey and gloomy here all day yesterday so maybe it's only fair!

Noticed on your November goals the thing about needing to send money to people as the first lot hadn't arrived - you're not sending *actual cash* in the post are you? Can you do it via Bank Transfer instead - sending cash through the mail system is a really bad idea.

Great news about getting the smalls home at the weekend - and even better news that you've done no cleaning!
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016
    Sainsbugs 0% card: 22/12/16 ú1229.00/ú656.45 (20/11/17)
    SOA Calculator for DFW newbies: Stoozing.com SOA Calculator
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 22nd Nov 17, 12:59 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,825 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    It really is a nice surprise, I never get mail other than bills I can't remember the last time I actually got some post that wasn't a bill or junk mail

Weather is wet, cold and dark. I hate the shorter days, the dark (yes I'm scared of shadows ) and it being so cold you never see a person to just say hello to.

Yes actual cash in the post I know I know. I just hope both will arrive soon, I knew the risk when I just dropped them in the red box though

No cleaning I still haven't moved other than to make coffee.

Emailed about the Xmas tree delivery. Although I'm tempted to change plans on this. We usually have a real tree from OH work that he get's 'Free' just delivery to pay. However I can cash out for Mr T on VO so might get a small fake tree from there. Use the lights/decorations we already have. Still no real cost to me but at least sorted myself.
    • monz
    • By monz 22nd Nov 17, 1:07 PM
    • 2,868 Posts
    • 8,573 Thanks
    monz
    Following xx
    Debt (1/9/14) ú6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016)
    house deposit ú6,356.28/10,000
    mums xmas vouchers boots 50/50 sisters xmas vouchers topshop 30/30 Dads xmas voucher amazon (surveys) 30/30
    holiday - ú540.43/1064.72
    • jwil
    • By jwil 22nd Nov 17, 2:13 PM
    • 7,801 Posts
    • 22,370 Thanks
    jwil
    No idea what's happened, but hello!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 22nd Nov 17, 4:29 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,825 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    No idea what's happened, but hello!
    Originally posted by jwil
    I'm not quite sure myself

But I feel 'safer' now anyway. Hopefully eliminated the opportunity for people to take things into their own hands

Thank you for stopping in Glad you all found me thought I'd be lonely
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 22nd Nov 17, 4:43 PM
    • 703 Posts
    • 9,646 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Glad you all found me thought I'd be lonely
    Not a chance of that happening! How are you feeling? Have all the physical problems sorted themselves out?
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 22nd Nov 17, 4:57 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,825 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    The broken bits are healing. Well I think so, follow up appointments next week to make sure on some bits that weren't looking like they wanted. Can at least wash my own hair again though Gotta be an improvement.

x
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 22nd Nov 17, 5:08 PM
    • 703 Posts
    • 9,646 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    So glad to hear that. You weren't so well. Things are on the up, W (I can't get used to your new name). And I am glad that the cleaning is taking a back seat - I don't feel so guilty about the state of my house now! xxx
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 22nd Nov 17, 5:18 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,825 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Being able to do nothing properly was getting me down. Everything was taking 3 times as long. I'm glad it was just something short term I had to deal with rather than long term. Never realised how lucky I was to be able to do the cleaning myself, wash my own hair, do whatever without everything being so hard

The other issues will take longer, med change has definitely started to work though I feel more in control again x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,359Posts Today

7,582Users online

Martin's Twitter