“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    helsbell wrote: »

£9 to see Santa at school?! This should be funded by the PTA, that's ridiculous!

It's been taken over in the last 2 years and gone to an academy and the cost is extortionate since! Every week its at least £10 between the 3 of them just to send them to school :o

Like the nativity is £5 each adult and £3 each child to go and watch before the switch it was £2 an adult and the kids didn't need tickets.

Friday's non-uniform is £1 each along with an item from a list for the Xmas Fayre.

There's more that's just what I can remember :o
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • helsbell
    helsbell Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When you said you would need to buy tickets for the nativity I assumed it would be £1 each. Robbing b*****ds!!
    SPC 11, No. 062 DFD November 2020 :(
    Aug 2017 B'card £5006.83 BoS £1086.59 MBNA £0 Total: £6093.42
    Aug 2018 B'Card £995.06 BoS £863.43 MBNA £3,644.98 Total: £5503.47
    9.68% paid off
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    I'm genuinely horrified to find out all the things you get charged for WF - that's downright appalling. It is simply not a school's place to arrange events like the santa thing that costs the parents that amount of money - that's just horrible!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I haven't paid or 'booked' places for Santa yet. I'm hoping hardly anyone returns the letter and money so they cancel :o :rotfl: I can take them to see Santa for Free :o I might actually speak to the smalls and see if they'd rather see Santa out of school. I'm sure I can do the whole day cheaper then £27 :rotfl:
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,282 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    And I thought schools were always after money when my kids were little! This really takes the biscuit! Can't believe they are charging for the nativity - for what?

And why are you feeding their dad? I don't see why you should.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    And I thought schools were always after money when my kids were little! This really takes the biscuit! Can't believe they are charging for the nativity - for what?

And why are you feeding their dad? I don't see why you should.

To watch my kids do not much :o That sounds awful but DS point blank refused to do any part other than stand at the back and sing. He HATES it and would rather not do it at all.

DD is a donkey I think she said although it could change.

But yeah it's expensive :o

I don't know why I added on here I was feeding him :o It's not a problem I said I would although I'm still sat on here :rotfl: Better get up x
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    You mentioned it because you know nobody would judge you for it - which we won't. Don't let him loose near any leftovers that you want for another meal though will you! ;)

Oh - and TOAST!!!!!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Eat woman eat!!!!!!!!!
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • shariann
    shariann Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Eat woman eat!!!!!!!!!

Just catching up with your diary and it struck me that if you are taking painkillers then you have even more reason to make sure you eat properly or you could give yourself serious stomach problems on top of your other injuries.

Sorry to nag ... actually I'm not sorry:rotfl:

Take care of yourself xxx
    £10 a day April - £4/£300
    2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70 2018 £3255.40
    Jan £105.50 Feb £80.47March £69.30
  • armchairexpert
    Options
    Wannabe, I really worry about you, but I don't want you to stop posting because of that worry. So please remember that I am an internet stranger and you don't have to care about my opinion.

Having said that.

You've got mysterious injuries. You're not eating. You've lost over 10kg in the past few months. You're letting your ex into the house and feeding him dinner, even though he's run up debts in your name that threaten the roof over your head, and I'm not convinced he doesn't have something to do with the injuries.

I know your Mum disapproves of your choices, and I can see that you don't want to confide in her more than you have and give her more ammunition. But I do hope there's someone in your life who you can trust and who can help you take care of yourself a bit better. I'm really worried about you.

What do you think might help? You're goal-oriented, so would it help to add small personal goals to your to-do list, like "eat the same dinner as the children twice a week", or "Go one day without washing any bedding"? Are you at a place where you can see those things would be good for you but you're unable to make yourself do them, or are you still not convinced that you deserve food and rest?

If we can cheer you on any way that helps, we will.
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 :eek: aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
    January 2019 $211,580 Current MFD 31 June 2036
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport