Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 21st Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    • 412Posts
    • 2,813Thanks
    WannabeFree
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö
    • 21st Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö 21st Nov 17 at 11:04 AM
    Back in May this year I decided things had to change. I turned to here and received an amazing amount of help and advice. Here I am making a fresh start.

Debt 09/05/2017

Council Tax ú2092.71
    Court Fine ú1250
    Court Fine ú200
    Person 1 ú1000
    Person 2 ú1000
    Person 3 ú1379
    Person 4 ú427
    Debt Total ú7348.71

Rent Arrears ú3381.28

Total ú10729.99

*Person 4 ú575
    *New Debt ú732
    *Debt 1 ú387.29
    *Debt 2 ú1451.40
    *Debt 3 ú1137.73
    *EDF ú3140.65

Total ú18154.06

*As more comes out from under the carpet I will update here.
    Last edited by WannabeFree; 21-11-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Page 21
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 4th Dec 17, 8:00 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,813 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    I really don't know what else to do

I've never really had a problem before and he's my oldest obviously. So stuck and I'm not asking my mum

I'm sure we will find a middle ground. Until then no game time I do feel awful though!
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.ö
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 4th Dec 17, 8:02 PM
    • 703 Posts
    • 9,646 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Just a wee note to say. I haven't forgotten about you although I'm away. You were absolutely right to let the school know what's happening. Basically sending threatening messages is bullying and it can not be allowed under any circumstances. The sooner you put a stop to it the better for everyone concerned.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 4th Dec 17, 8:25 PM
    • 49,020 Posts
    • 181,957 Thanks
    beanielou
    Just a wee note to say. I haven't forgotten about you although I'm away. You were absolutely right to let the school know what's happening. Basically sending threatening messages is bullying and it can not be allowed under any circumstances. The sooner you put a stop to it the better for everyone concerned.
    Originally posted by Toni'sfriend
    Agreed 100%.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 4th Dec 17, 8:37 PM
    • 4,726 Posts
    • 28,127 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Toni's Friend is right, it's bullying. I remember having to go to school to sort a lad out when DS was about 8. I told him if he didn't stop hassling DS I'd tell his dad - somehow I must've hit a raw spot and he never bothered DS again. I guess they're tougher these days though.

Apart from the odd glitch, both mine were fine until the teenage years, don't even ask about that era! If you're lucky he's getting it over and done with now.

I hope you get an earlier night tonight xx
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 ú20.70
    December 3 NSD
    Weight loss 2/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 4th Dec 17, 8:40 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,813 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Today's to do list is
    3 Smalls in school
    Appointment 1
    Collect youngest
    Appointment 2
    Collect older ones DS still causing issues
    Appointment 3&4
    Call in supermarket - bread, milk, washing powder. ú8.39
    Home
    Dinner - Beef casserole in slowcooker
    Bath Smalls
    Read with smalls
    Bedtime smalls
    Paint hallway
    Usual cleaning list - Done
    Uniforms
    Check shoes
    Bed for me, before 4am
    Not doing any painting tonight. It's been a long day and I have loads to follow up tomorrow. So it can wait. I'm going to get a coffee, a hot water bottle and my duvet and sink into the sofa

Thank you for advice about DS. Will see how he wakes tomorrow - I could be back begging for more help
    Last edited by WannabeFree; 04-12-2017 at 8:45 PM.
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.ö
    • abba1772
    • By abba1772 4th Dec 17, 9:30 PM
    • 4,020 Posts
    • 12,327 Thanks
    abba1772
    Glad you're taking a night off xx

Defo phone the school and inform them and take no rubbish as bullying is defo a no no

I've went toe to toe with my sons school I told the head teacher if anybody else were to touch my kids then my kids would have my blessing to hit them back and there would be no repercussions as they would be defending thmselves she wasn't impressed to say the least but she knew I was serious ..........so stand your ground with them xx

Hope your son is ok xx
    NEXT TARGET HALIFAX CC WAS July 17 ú3572.57 NOW ú4536.82
    POAMAYC 2011 ú6382.66 POAMAYC 2012 ú5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 ú3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 ú4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 ú7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 ú8000.90
    POAMAYC 2017 ú6792.72 / ú6000
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 5th Dec 17, 9:26 AM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,813 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Abba I have the same approach with school we've had a few issues before

However they've gone above and beyond to deal with this incident and it didn't even happen in school. The principal pulled me to one side this morning and the other boys in question have been dealt with. Parents etc informed and if it continues it will become a police matter. Feels a bit extreme for 8 year olds but they where threatening to kill him etc so it's obviously been bothering DS.

In other terms I made DS apologise to the teacher he was being ignorant too yesterday and all is sorted and being left now. Hopefully it's a one off. They did say they contacted me more out of concern as he hasn't ever been like that before rather than contacting me as he was 'naughty'

He seemed in a much better mood this morning and back to the nice 8 year old that I could see disappearing.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 5th Dec 17, 9:28 AM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,813 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Morning

Not much happening today. Appointments are mainly being covered on the phone today as we don't have some things we need for them yet so pretty pointless. Good though means I have more time at home
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 5th Dec 17, 9:39 AM
    • 4,428 Posts
    • 13,823 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Glad school are onto the bullying.

Hope you have a good day.x
    Be mindful of your self-talk. It's a conversation with the Universe."

Debt free and saving for my future
    • monz
    • By monz 5th Dec 17, 9:43 AM
    • 2,866 Posts
    • 8,568 Thanks
    monz
    Defo go up their! my boy got bullied and they didnt believe him until he came home with a black eye I went mental... even suggested he cd have special needs cos had not seen anything... they got a very few choice words from me and I had it recorded so i can show police if happens again. xx
    Debt (1/9/14) ú6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016)
    house deposit ú6,356.28/10,000
    mums xmas vouchers boots 50/50 sisters xmas vouchers topshop 30/30 Dads xmas voucher amazon (surveys) 30/30
    holiday - ú540.43/1064.72
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 5th Dec 17, 9:49 AM
    • 948 Posts
    • 4,239 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    Abba I have the same approach with school we've had a few issues before

However they've gone above and beyond to deal with this incident and it didn't even happen in school. The principal pulled me to one side this morning and the other boys in question have been dealt with. Parents etc informed and if it continues it will become a police matter. Feels a bit extreme for 8 year olds but they where threatening to kill him etc so it's obviously been bothering DS.

In other terms I made DS apologise to the teacher he was being ignorant too yesterday and all is sorted and being left now. Hopefully it's a one off. They did say they contacted me more out of concern as he hasn't ever been like that before rather than contacting me as he was 'naughty'

He seemed in a much better mood this morning and back to the nice 8 year old that I could see disappearing.
    Originally posted by WannabeFree
    That all sounds very constructive! Let's hope that's an end to it.

Every time I read about you decorating I feel I need to finish doing a door frame I started the other day... honestly I could get it done in an hour but I really don't like all the faff of getting started. If I go to the shops later I'll treat myself to some decent masking tape and hope that spurs me on. Hope the duvet and coffee are good today.
    Last edited by Cherryfudge; 05-12-2017 at 9:51 AM. Reason: typos
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 5th Dec 17, 10:43 AM
    • 49,020 Posts
    • 181,957 Thanks
    beanielou
    Good resolution on the bullying.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 5th Dec 17, 1:09 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,813 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Must be better today no phone call so far

Appointments all spoken too and sorted follow ups when we have the things we need.

Painted the hallway and started on the stairs. Will do second coat tonight but hoping to get first coat on going up the stairs before smalls are home.

Youngest is taking a nap don't worry I haven't left her to look after herself

House is definitely starting to feel like a home

Think wallpaper going up Friday and then I can sort Xmas tree etc over the weekend. Fingers crossed!

Even managed to get the ironing and windows done this morning Amazing how much can be done when youngest is at school for the morning rather than helping me

Not a NSD need to take DS for his hair cut. Amazon also took money for some things coming Monday, need to transfer money out of DLA pot over to my account later. Think she might need a bigger size in school shoes too will get that checked at weekend.

My to-do list is just growing

Also going to try and squeeze in ice skating this weekend ú20 for the 4 of us but older two really want to go! Providing they'll let me take all 3 smalls on my own. If not might have to bribe someone to come with us.
    • GeorgianaCavendish
    • By GeorgianaCavendish 5th Dec 17, 3:22 PM
    • 529 Posts
    • 3,074 Thanks
    GeorgianaCavendish
    Wow Wannabe, there is no stopping you! Can't believe how much you've managed to get done with decorating and all the wonderful activities for the smalls, on top of managing so many health appointments etc. I really hope you realise what an inspiration you are to everyone reading your diary, and to your three children too

We've only got 3 interior doors and 1 external door. The advantages of living in an open plan apartment I guess! (Not counting the cupboards in the kitchen though ... )
    Last edited by GeorgianaCavendish; 05-12-2017 at 3:22 PM. Reason: spelling
    Georgiana, Duchess of Debt-shire's October 2017 Debt Totals: HSBC Loan ú10,225.95 / MBNA ú3301.93 / Barclaycard ú9961.04/ Lloyds ú3489.16 / Tesco 1 ú897.50/ Tesco 2 ú2327.82

And don't forget the Student Loan! ú10,765.93 (April 2017)
    • GeorgianaCavendish
    • By GeorgianaCavendish 5th Dec 17, 3:27 PM
    • 529 Posts
    • 3,074 Thanks
    GeorgianaCavendish
    Oh my goodness, I somehow missed the last 2 pages of your thread! So sorry to hear about the bully at your son's school, and good for you that you spoke to the teachers about it. That is definitely not on and important for all involved that it is nipped in the bud. Your poor son going through that!
    Georgiana, Duchess of Debt-shire's October 2017 Debt Totals: HSBC Loan ú10,225.95 / MBNA ú3301.93 / Barclaycard ú9961.04/ Lloyds ú3489.16 / Tesco 1 ú897.50/ Tesco 2 ú2327.82

And don't forget the Student Loan! ú10,765.93 (April 2017)
    • EssexHebridean
    • By EssexHebridean 5th Dec 17, 4:17 PM
    • 8,214 Posts
    • 43,474 Thanks
    EssexHebridean
    Full marks to you for alerting the people who could do something about it to the bullying AND to the school for dealing with it- horrid situation but you definitely did right. Great that the school picked up on his bad behaviour as being an indicator of a deeper problem too.

Doors - not counting cupboards we have 5 internal but a whopping great 4 external ones! Think I'm winning on the exterior door count then?!

Awww - "house is starting to feel like a home" - hurrah to that - what a lovely thing to read!
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016
    Sainsbugs 0% card: 22/12/16 ú1229.00/ú656.45 (20/11/17)
    SOA Calculator for DFW newbies: Stoozing.com SOA Calculator
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 5th Dec 17, 5:07 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,813 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    I don't think it's bullying as such. They have always been good friends. However my DS is not as streetwise as his friends and I'm actually really strict with his game etc. He has never had online until recently for instance and he isn't allowed the same games/online freedom his friends are So I think what they where making jokes out of my DS had no idea of the reference and took what was said literally. But at least its all been ironed out and he feels happier.

His good mood is still here and hopefully it will stay

Took him for his haircut ú6.50 spent
    Going for my hair cut tomorrow and girls at the weekend (Free for us girls the perks of a sister who's an hairdresser ) Will do something for her in return as 'payment'.

Still painting Still loads more painting to do.

Smalls are fed but are now making Xmas cards - more mess

I totally went of track of following my list for activity a day but as long as they all get done and we do at least something everyday I'll be happy.

I haven't done a meal plan in ages either! Must get organised more than a to-do list consisting of appointments, painting and cleaning
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 5th Dec 17, 5:40 PM
    • 877 Posts
    • 5,107 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Awww - "house is starting to feel like a home" - hurrah to that - what a lovely thing to read!
    Originally posted by EssexHebridean
    Absolutely second that

I don't think it's bullying as such. They have always been good friends. However my DS is not as streetwise as his friends and I'm actually really strict with his game etc. He has never had online until recently for instance and he isn't allowed the same games/online freedom his friends are So I think what they where making jokes out of my DS had no idea of the reference and took what was said literally. But at least its all been ironed out and he feels happier.

His good mood is still here and hopefully it will stay
    Originally posted by WannabeFree
    Glad the wee fella is feeling better about things now
    Hopefully now that his friends realise how upset he was they will reel it in and think before doing anything like that again...

Glad you've had a good one today too missus
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 5th Dec 17, 6:53 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,813 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Christmas lists

DS:
    Lego
    Outfit - Done
    Book - Done
    Electric toothbrush (Ordered)
    Stocking - Toothpaste, socks, pjs, sweets, chocolate santa (just need to add a piece of fruit in on Xmas eve)

DD
    Craft bag - Finished
    Outfit - Done
    Book - Done
    Stocking - Toothpaste, socks, pjs, sweets, chocolate santa (just need to add a piece of fruit in on Xmas eve)

Youngest
    Playdough
    Outfit - Done
    Book - Done

We have all the things needed to make these
    Advent with Xmas books/activities
    Christmas cards Need posting
    Crackers
    Small gifts for grandparents
    Cakes/Biscuits/Fudge for grandparents
    Thank you notes
    Reindeer food
    Snowman soup
    Santa plate

Still to buy
    Playdough
    Lego
    Xmas tree - We have lights/decorations Xmas tree on order need to confirm delivery date
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 5th Dec 17, 6:55 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,813 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Waiting on some survey vouchers coming through then will order the playdoh and lego I think then it's done.

We made the Xmas cards they're drying now. Still need to make some boxes to put homemade gifts in for grandparents.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

217Posts Today

1,922Users online

Martin's Twitter