Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 21st Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    • 399Posts
    • 2,662Thanks
    WannabeFree
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö
    • 21st Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö 21st Nov 17 at 11:04 AM
    Back in May this year I decided things had to change. I turned to here and received an amazing amount of help and advice. Here I am making a fresh start.

Debt 09/05/2017

Council Tax ú2092.71
    Court Fine ú1250
    Court Fine ú200
    Person 1 ú1000
    Person 2 ú1000
    Person 3 ú1379
    Person 4 ú427
    Debt Total ú7348.71

Rent Arrears ú3381.28

Total ú10729.99

*Person 4 ú575
    *New Debt ú732
    *Debt 1 ú387.29
    *Debt 2 ú1451.40
    *Debt 3 ú1137.73
    *EDF ú3140.65

Total ú18154.06

*As more comes out from under the carpet I will update here.
    Last edited by WannabeFree; 21-11-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Page 20
    • charlies tribe
    • By charlies tribe 3rd Dec 17, 11:42 PM
    • 434 Posts
    • 4,081 Thanks
    charlies tribe
    WF you are doing fantastic! I've struggled today to get the energy to sweep the floor!! I've had paint for the decorating for about 3 months now and it's still sat there.
    You are doing fantastic with the debts too, i really hope ex OH is still giving you his fine money but guessing he's probably not.
    Hopefully payments to school will calm down in Jan and you will be a little better off.
    LBM in April 17 - ú4453/ú33554 (13.2%) paid
    DFD: 1st May 2022
    SPC #591
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 4th Dec 17, 9:32 AM
    • 868 Posts
    • 5,059 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Morning missus

Hope you weren't up all night decorating again

You've a lot on your plate again this month but, as usual you will manage it somehow. You have achieved so much, you are absolutely amazing and I know that you will wipe the debts out and that you will be Debt Free...

Have a great day today
    (((((HUGS)))))
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 4th Dec 17, 9:32 AM
    • 399 Posts
    • 2,662 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Morning

All three smalls away to school This is how I feel The first time in weeks all 3 have made it in together.

Managed to complete my to do-list last night. Got in bed at nearly 4am again Tonight won't be the same!

I am just waiting to leave for Appointment number 1.

Today's to do list is
    3 Smalls in school
    Appointment 1
    Collect youngest
    Appointment 2
    Collect older ones
    Appointment 3&4
    Call in supermarket - bread, milk, washing powder.
    Home
    Dinner
    Bath Smalls
    Read with smalls
    Bedtime smalls
    Paint hallway
    Usual cleaning list
    Uniforms
    Check shoes
    Bed for me, before 4am
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.ö
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 4th Dec 17, 9:33 AM
    • 399 Posts
    • 2,662 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Morning missus

Hope you weren't up all night decorating again

You've a lot on your plate again this month but, as usual you will manage it somehow. You have achieved so much, you are absolutely amazing and I know that you will wipe the debts out and that you will be Debt Free...

Have a great day today
    (((((HUGS)))))
    Originally posted by UncannyScot
    Morning

You've helped Have a lovely day x
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.ö
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 4th Dec 17, 12:15 PM
    • 48,987 Posts
    • 181,770 Thanks
    beanielou
    I just dont know how you do it.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 4th Dec 17, 12:51 PM
    • 399 Posts
    • 2,662 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Today's to do list is
    3 Smalls in school
    Appointment 1
    Collect youngest
    Appointment 2
    Collect older ones
    Appointment 3&4
    Call in supermarket - bread, milk, washing powder.
    Home
    Dinner - Beef casserole in slowcooker
    Bath Smalls
    Read with smalls
    Bedtime smalls
    Paint hallway
    Usual cleaning list - Done till small are home
    Uniforms
    Check shoes
    Bed for me, before 4am
    Well appointments half done for the day. Need to book follow ups and MRI etc boo! Never ends enough said.

Smallest collected from a fun filled morning at forest school

Issues with DS discussed with school and I've decided 8 year old boys can be horrid! Hopefully DS will be happier when he comes home or he'll hate me for speaking to school Why can't there be a manual for parenting?
    Last edited by WannabeFree; 04-12-2017 at 6:23 PM.
    • Doobop
    • By Doobop 4th Dec 17, 1:36 PM
    • 152 Posts
    • 1,719 Thanks
    Doobop
    Ooh beef casserole sounds amazing. Remember to have a bite or two yourself x
    • natsplatnat
    • By natsplatnat 4th Dec 17, 5:55 PM
    • 2,648 Posts
    • 2,341 Thanks
    natsplatnat
    Yay! To beef casserole
    Boo! To 17 doors (we have 5 internal and 2 external)
    Yay! To decorating... we had planned to, then we acquired 2 kittens... to be fair, they are doing a pretty good job of stripping the wallpaper for us! lol
    You are sounding so much more 'on form' WF! Going great guns as we are used to ... don't forget to keep yourself fuelled!
    LBM ,- Wed 19th Nov 2008 ú21,225 PAID OFF
    *DEBT FREE 28th September 2015*
    *2017 cashback pending ú84.37, paid ú??*
    (2011=ú137.30, 12=ú66.39, 13=ú102.61, 14=ú214.97, 15=ú159.51 16=ú213.05)
    Pro.Ac ú10.10 + ú126.19 paid
    SAVINGS TO CLEAR STUDENT LOAN ú0.00 (ú528.56 paid off)

• WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 4th Dec 17, 6:26 PM
    • 399 Posts
    • 2,662 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Today's to do list is
    3 Smalls in school
    Appointment 1
    Collect youngest
    Appointment 2
    Collect older ones DS still causing issues
    Appointment 3&4
    Call in supermarket - bread, milk, washing powder. ú8.39
    Home
    Dinner - Beef casserole in slowcooker
    Bath Smalls
    Read with smalls
    Bedtime smalls
    Paint hallway
    Usual cleaning list - Done till small are home
    Uniforms
    Check shoes
    Bed for me, before 4am
    Finally home, smalls eating. I'm having much needed coffee.
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 4th Dec 17, 6:29 PM
    • 2,180 Posts
    • 10,395 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    I've often wished there was a parenting manual Wannabe, it's the hardest job in the world I reckon. But we all do our best and in the end that is usually good enough.

You sound like you're being a great parent .
    My Diary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5716867
    Debt in July 2017 = ú58,766 DEBT FREE 31 October 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build an Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund
    Emergency Fund 1 = ú818/Emergency Fund 2 = ú181.63
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 4th Dec 17, 6:47 PM
    • 399 Posts
    • 2,662 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    He's definitely testing my skills these last few days! Even causing issues in school The way he speaks to me lately stinks! I refuse to put up with it Then we've had an incident on his game online and a message he received from one of his friends from school. So total meltdown over going to school how he hates me for making him go etc. I just don't know what to do with him
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 4th Dec 17, 7:15 PM
    • 48,987 Posts
    • 181,770 Thanks
    beanielou
    No easy answers I'm afraid

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 4th Dec 17, 7:20 PM
    • 2,180 Posts
    • 10,395 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    You have to be kind but stick to your rules, and if they say they hate you then remember that they don't really mean it.

It is hard but they can be very rewarding at other times. It's all highs and lows with kids, nothing inbetween .
    My Diary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5716867
    Debt in July 2017 = ú58,766 DEBT FREE 31 October 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build an Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund
    Emergency Fund 1 = ú818/Emergency Fund 2 = ú181.63
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 4th Dec 17, 7:33 PM
    • 48,987 Posts
    • 181,770 Thanks
    beanielou
    You have to be kind but stick to your rules, and if they say they hate you then remember that they don't really mean it.

It is hard but they can be very rewarding at other times. It's all highs and lows with kids, nothing inbetween .
    Originally posted by HairyHandofDartmoor
    Agree with this.

• Sayschezza
    • By Sayschezza 4th Dec 17, 7:43 PM
    • 172 Posts
    • 1,513 Thanks
    Sayschezza
    When any of mine went through the ‘hate you’ stage I just used to reply ‘that’s a shame because I love you very much’. Usually stopped them in their tracks.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 4th Dec 17, 7:46 PM
    • 48,987 Posts
    • 181,770 Thanks
    beanielou
    I used to say I might not always like you(ie behaviour) but I will always love you.

• WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 4th Dec 17, 7:49 PM
    • 399 Posts
    • 2,662 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    It all stems from this Game incident. He didn't want me to take it into school (It's a school friend)

However he acted up at school today and he's never been a problem for them before but he said to them that he was just tired because his sisters kept him awake late (not true!)

So when they called I made the call to tell them the truth. X boy had send threatening messages over the weekend and he'd been worried about going into school today.

Meh! I felt bad either way. I don't want him to feel he can't trust me but he can't go around lying his way out either! Especially if it was bothering him so much he refused to go out of class at break time

He's in bed now and we've had a chat about how he speaks to me. It's been creeping in more and more recently. Respect costs nothing.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 4th Dec 17, 7:50 PM
    • 399 Posts
    • 2,662 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Oh I like those ideas. I think I said something along the lines of while I want to be your best friend I also have to be your parent. It's my job to teach you right from wrong
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 4th Dec 17, 7:51 PM
    • 206 Posts
    • 814 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    Hi, just stopping by after seeing your post on my new diary.
    8yr olds are horrid in general my third by is 8 and is certainly pushing the boundaries. He is autistic so I am used to unusual/unpredictable behaviour from him but the past six months has been interesting and a lot of his behaviour is more typical 'I am 8' stuff. Looking back I remember disliking my older twos behaviour when they we're 8 for a while too

I am decorating too. Had my hall/stairs/landing plastered and needed to paint it before the carpet was fitted. Having a deadline like that helps I think. Didn't stop me leaving it to the last minute mind

But you have a crazy number of doors, I loath glossing, I have five doors to do but 17
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 4th Dec 17, 7:56 PM
    • 868 Posts
    • 5,059 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Glad you were able to talk with him about this
    Reassurance that you love him but not his bad behaviour
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,426Posts Today

8,311Users online

Martin's Twitter