Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 21st Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    • 421Posts
    • 2,883Thanks
    WannabeFree
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö
    • 21st Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö 21st Nov 17 at 11:04 AM
    Back in May this year I decided things had to change. I turned to here and received an amazing amount of help and advice. Here I am making a fresh start.

Debt 09/05/2017

Council Tax ú2092.71
    Court Fine ú1250
    Court Fine ú200
    Person 1 ú1000
    Person 2 ú1000
    Person 3 ú1379
    Person 4 ú427
    Debt Total ú7348.71

Rent Arrears ú3381.28

Total ú10729.99

*Person 4 ú575
    *New Debt ú732
    *Debt 1 ú387.29
    *Debt 2 ú1451.40
    *Debt 3 ú1137.73
    *EDF ú3140.65

Total ú18154.06

*As more comes out from under the carpet I will update here.
    Last edited by WannabeFree; 21-11-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Page 2
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 21st Nov 17, 6:06 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 2,883 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    I applied for a credit card. However my credit is shocking.

I did get excepted though. ú250 limit but wait for it ... 59.9% interest Not enough to cover it all but it is there if needed rather than not paying

I will sort it x
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.ö
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 21st Nov 17, 6:09 PM
    • 708 Posts
    • 9,668 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Goodness. That is shocking. Let's see if someone can suggest a better way.
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 21st Nov 17, 6:28 PM
    • 904 Posts
    • 4,580 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Would the credit union be any help , they do small loans and you can pay it back through your salary.

Glad you are back.
    Nov 2017 CC1 ú3329 CC2 ú600

Debt Free Nov 2019: earlier if I have my way
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 21st Nov 17, 6:30 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 2,883 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Would the credit union be any help , they do small loans and you can pay it back through your salary.

Glad you are back.
    Originally posted by Cumbria lass
    You have to save with them first at the one in B town. I don't know if its the same everywhere x

I'm glad I'm back, fresh start and sticking to what here is for X
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.ö
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 21st Nov 17, 6:36 PM
    • 904 Posts
    • 4,580 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    I would still have a look I don't think you have to save much , but not 100% of the ins and outs . I had a loan with them once , I found it handy the money coming straight out of my salary.

• WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 21st Nov 17, 6:41 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 2,883 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Will investigate if there's more than the one there. The one on the square couldn't it this month. Not sure how to find if there's a different one local. Will look when I'm home. Thank you x
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 21st Nov 17, 6:43 PM
    • 904 Posts
    • 4,580 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Do you qualify for a crisis loan via the benefits agency ? You might need certain benefits to qualify so not sure about that either. Things keep springing to my mind !

• Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 21st Nov 17, 6:55 PM
    • 904 Posts
    • 4,580 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    One last pearl of wisdom, when you started work did you join a union, I know Unison have a hardship fund and I think if you are in a school this is the most likely one you would be in. If you did and are they may be able to offer assistance.

Will leave you in peace now !

• Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 21st Nov 17, 6:58 PM
    • 4,117 Posts
    • 22,843 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    Hopefully without causing offence to anyone this time. I will very much keep to Debt busting and cleaning this time

Or maybe its the cleaning that's the problem!
    Originally posted by WannabeFree
    Found you

I am loving the very positive title and also your new name!!!

Actually all the talk of cleaning does offend me, I realise just how lazy I am when I come on this diary
    Ninja Saving Turtle No. 15 for November
    NSD - 1/15
    (up to 01/11/17)
    My Diary is here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2175629 (Eager Elephants Effective Everyday Excursion)
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 21st Nov 17, 6:59 PM
    • 4,117 Posts
    • 22,843 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    Do you qualify for a crisis loan via the benefits agency ? You might need certain benefits to qualify so not sure about that either. Things keep springing to my mind !
    Originally posted by Cumbria lass
    Unfortunately crisis loans no longer exist, most local councils offer food parcels and gas/electric vouchers but no cash.
    NSD - 1/15
    (up to 01/11/17)
    My Diary is here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2175629 (Eager Elephants Effective Everyday Excursion)
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 21st Nov 17, 7:01 PM
    • 4,117 Posts
    • 22,843 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    Did you manage to speak to Housing Benefit to see if your claim has been assessed?

Some credit unions offer loans linked to Child Benefit so it you agree to have your Child Benefit paid to them then you can have a loan. Then on Child benefit day they take some to cover the loan and the rest you can go and collect or save.

I know there are only 9 days until the end of the month but I am hoping the HB/CTB claim comes through as that will solve most of the issue with the rent and council tax.
    NSD - 1/15
    (up to 01/11/17)
    • helsbell
    • By helsbell 21st Nov 17, 7:32 PM
    • 148 Posts
    • 786 Thanks
    helsbell
    So glad you're still here, and sounding so positive. Just looking at your totals at the top of the thread is so inspiring.
    SPC 11, No. 062

August 2017 B'card ú5006.83 BoS ú1086.59 DFD November 2020
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 21st Nov 17, 7:49 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 2,883 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    EE will inbox you but no decision yet, but I have some questions They still said today I wouldn't be entitled I wrote down some of the things so will message you them when I'm home x

No I don't pay for the union yet, it is something I am supposed to be looking into though and never got round to it.

No crisis loans, there is the local welfare provision but that's for food bank vouchers/gas or electric vouchers etc not 'money' I feel very lucky I don't need to use that x

EE no need to be offended I haven't done ANY cleaning at all for days. Not a thing.
    • Busy Mee1
    • By Busy Mee1 21st Nov 17, 8:26 PM
    • 438 Posts
    • 1,729 Thanks
    Busy Mee1
    Hi I wondered whether claiming Carer's Allowance would help- you can work and earn a certain amount, but I am not sure whether it would simply be offset against your TC entitlement. I am hoping EE could advise
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 21st Nov 17, 8:36 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 2,883 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Hi I wondered whether claiming Carer's Allowance would help- you can work and earn a certain amount, but I am not sure whether it would simply be offset against your TC entitlement. I am hoping EE could advise
    Originally posted by Busy Mee1
    I'm sure EE replied yesterday before it got deleted. I can't I work too many hours/earn over the amount I think x
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 21st Nov 17, 8:37 PM
    • 4,117 Posts
    • 22,843 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    Originally posted by Busy Mee1
    If you work you can only earn ú116 per week which is just under 16 hours at minimum wage, I think Wannabe's hours are 24 or 30 so she would not be able to claim this unless she dropped her hours.

If wannabe could claim it then it would be counted as an income for Tax Credits.
    NSD - 1/15
    (up to 01/11/17)
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 21st Nov 17, 10:03 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 2,883 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Thank you EE x
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 21st Nov 17, 10:12 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 2,883 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Survey 21/11/2017
    Surveys

Yougov 3450 ... 5000 needed to cash out ú50
    Populuslive 47 ... 50 needed to cash out ú50
    Onepoll ú5.40 ... ú40 needed to cash out
    Pureprofile ú2.20 .... ú25 needed to cash out
    Panelbase ú7.60 ... ú10 needed to cash out

PA ú7.23 Available .. ú3.02 pending

VO ú10.50 (not sure what voucher to cash out)
    Isay 555 Points (690 needed to cash out ú5 Amazon)
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 21st Nov 17, 10:51 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 2,883 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Gotta love the power of MSE friends

November goals

Money
    ú135 to Council Tax
    ú339.21 Rent
    ú50 Groceries - ú7.19/ú50

Extra income (Waiting for)
    Onepoll ú40
    Pureprofile ú25

Plans
    Two bigger smalls to get 100% attendance .. Well that's a fail not even a week into November
    Post Nephews Birthday card
    DD School trip
    DS School trip
    Parents evening Need to rearrange I missed as was sick
    DS Assembly
    DD Workshop
    DS Parents evening

List of things I need to sort in October.
    DD's clothes - just tights
    Youngest - leggings and socks
    BIL Birthday card running out of time Opps Ran out of time, got one today and just posted in it's his birthday today
    Buy Christmas Jumpers x 3
    School trip ú6
    School trip ú3
    Post money to
    Post school photos
    Youngest School trip ú14
    Youngest School Event ú2.20

Unbudgeted spends
    Posted some money to someone x 2 as first still not arrived
    Posted School photos
    School Shoes for DS again
    More School t-shirts for youngest
    School trainers for youngest
    School tights for DD
    ú8 Xmas gifts
    ú5 Food bank
    ú5 T-shirts for non-uniform
    ú2 Sweets
    ú2 Coffee
    • Honeysucklelou2
    • By Honeysucklelou2 21st Nov 17, 11:17 PM
    • 512 Posts
    • 1,903 Thanks
    Honeysucklelou2
    Glad to see you back and sounding really positive.
    paydbx #90 ú475/ú10,000.
    Loan ú17k - paid off in Aug 2017. Home improvement loans ú3342 March 2017. ú3206 in Oct 17
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,623Posts Today

8,932Users online

Martin's Twitter