Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 21st Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    • 399Posts
    • 2,635Thanks
    WannabeFree
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö
    • 21st Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö 21st Nov 17 at 11:04 AM
    Back in May this year I decided things had to change. I turned to here and received an amazing amount of help and advice. Here I am making a fresh start.

Debt 09/05/2017

Council Tax ú2092.71
    Court Fine ú1250
    Court Fine ú200
    Person 1 ú1000
    Person 2 ú1000
    Person 3 ú1379
    Person 4 ú427
    Debt Total ú7348.71

Rent Arrears ú3381.28

Total ú10729.99

*Person 4 ú575
    *New Debt ú732
    *Debt 1 ú387.29
    *Debt 2 ú1451.40
    *Debt 3 ú1137.73
    *EDF ú3140.65

Total ú18154.06

*As more comes out from under the carpet I will update here.
    Last edited by WannabeFree; 21-11-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Page 17
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 1st Dec 17, 7:26 PM
    • 2,180 Posts
    • 10,359 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Oh no poor you, you must be freezing. That's a long time to have to wait .

Unfortunately the landlord has probably fulfilled his legal obligations by giving you an electric heater and the fact that you can't afford to run it is ignored by the authorities . Everything really is stacked against the poor unfortunately, it's a very unfair system .

I hope you have some warm clothes to wear. Can you cook and make hot drinks? I presume it's the boiler that has gone wrong? It never rains but it pours .
    Last edited by HairyHandofDartmoor; 01-12-2017 at 7:28 PM.
    My Diary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5716867
    Debt in July 2017 = ú58,766 DEBT FREE 31 October 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build an Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund
    Emergency Fund 1 = ú818/Emergency Fund 2 = ú181.63
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 1st Dec 17, 7:48 PM
    • 399 Posts
    • 2,635 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Yeah just the boiler. It's fine.. The hot water for cleaning bothers me more than the heating

A good work out though having to go up and downstairs an extra 1000 times a day

Smalls still aren't in bed think school have fed them bowls of sugar today
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.ö
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 1st Dec 17, 8:06 PM
    • 2,180 Posts
    • 10,359 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    They're probably excited because of the C word, I'm quite excited about it too
    My Diary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5716867
    Debt in July 2017 = ú58,766 DEBT FREE 31 October 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build an Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund
    Emergency Fund 1 = ú818/Emergency Fund 2 = ú181.63
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 1st Dec 17, 8:07 PM
    • 399 Posts
    • 2,635 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Santa only comes to children who go to bed on time

Or they know I had plans and are just running riot to make me look a liar
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.ö
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 1st Dec 17, 8:51 PM
    • 4,724 Posts
    • 28,042 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Sorry to hear about the boiler You should be a priority to get it fixed though, especially with a disabled child.
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 ú20.70
    December 3 NSD
    Weight loss 2/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 1st Dec 17, 9:39 PM
    • 399 Posts
    • 2,635 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    It's not causing a problem for us yet if it does I'll call again and ask for more help.

Just having a coffee break from painting. I cannot wait until everywhere is finished I never want to see painting on my to do list EVER again!
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 1st Dec 17, 10:52 PM
    • 399 Posts
    • 2,635 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Activity a day

1st - Paint Xmas pictures
    2nd - Make Xmas decorations
    3rd - Xmas movie & popcorn
    4th - Make Xmas cards
    5th - Read Xmas stories (busy with appointments needed something quick)
    6th - Finish Xmas cards/envelopes
    7th - Winter walk & post cards

This weeks list. Not too much really fun stuff but we have loads of appointments! Including 4 on Wednesday!
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 1st Dec 17, 10:56 PM
    • 399 Posts
    • 2,635 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    December goals

Money
    ú135 to Council Tax
    ú60 Rent
    ú80 Groceries - ú/ú80
    ú50 Other Debt

Extra income (Waiting for)
    Populuslive ú50 Cheque

Plans
    1st - Non Uniform ú2 Done ú3
    7th - Youngest dress as a character for calendar pictures
    8th - Smalls Xmas dinner ú5
    11th - Youngest Xmas party
    12th - Youngest Nativity
    13th - Xmas Fayre & Santa Express Train
    13th - School Santa ú18
    14th - Youngest School Santa ú9
    15th - Xmas jumper day ú3
    20th - School Pantomime ú42
    22nd - Last day of term

Youngest appointments x 8
    Make and keep my own appointments
    Decorate Living room
    Decorate Kitchen
    School Xmas cards
    Finish Xmas shopping
    Xmas tree
    Xmas cards

List of things I need to sort in December
    DD's clothes - just tights
    Youngest - leggings and socks
    Xmas tree
    Xmas gifts
    Xmas cards
    Buy a Kettle
    ú10 for DS to buy his sisters a gift.
    ú10 for DD to buy DS and DD a gift
    ú10 for Youngest to buy DS and DD a gift.

Unbudgeted spends
    Last edited by WannabeFree; 01-12-2017 at 11:16 PM.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 1st Dec 17, 11:19 PM
    • 399 Posts
    • 2,635 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    My December list is growing far too long

There's still the plans for DS and DD to add on that I've missed yet! Need to wait for the newsletter though because I can't remember anything else There's the nativities and some other bits.

I really want to have the painting done this weekend. Need to pop and buy another tin of paint in the morning but will hopefully be done over the weekend. Once downstairs is finished I'm giving up until after Xmas before moving on to anywhere else.
    • charlies tribe
    • By charlies tribe 1st Dec 17, 11:27 PM
    • 434 Posts
    • 4,081 Thanks
    charlies tribe
    Hope they manage to sort the boiler ASAP. It's probably the worst time for it to breakdown. Hope your keeping warm.
    With your december list, just seen the presents from/to siblings. For the last 2 years we have done a secret santa between the kids, we put names in a bowl,they all choose one each. They then get that bit extra to spend on the person than if they all bought for each other (as they would have the ú10 to spend and not ú5 each sibling). They really enjoyed it last year and couldn't wait to do it again this year. I'm hoping it's something they will carry on between them as they get older. I've loved listening to them tonight trying to prise it out of each other, but they are all keeping quiet.
    LBM in April 17 - ú4453/ú33554 (13.2%) paid
    DFD: 1st May 2022
    SPC #591
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 2nd Dec 17, 12:15 AM
    • 399 Posts
    • 2,635 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Hope they manage to sort the boiler ASAP. It's probably the worst time for it to breakdown. Hope your keeping warm.
    With your december list, just seen the presents from/to siblings. For the last 2 years we have done a secret santa between the kids, we put names in a bowl,they all choose one each. They then get that bit extra to spend on the person than if they all bought for each other (as they would have the ú10 to spend and not ú5 each sibling). They really enjoyed it last year and couldn't wait to do it again this year. I'm hoping it's something they will carry on between them as they get older. I've loved listening to them tonight trying to prise it out of each other, but they are all keeping quiet.
    Originally posted by charlies tribe

Oh I might steal this idea instead! I've never really done it before but the smalls only have presents from me this year. His family aren't doing gifts (I'm glad saves me having to buy for them!) and mine are all away until in the new year. So I want to try and make it a bit different to usual x
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 2nd Dec 17, 7:16 AM
    • 4,724 Posts
    • 28,042 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    That's a brilliant idea from Charlie's Tribe

Your activity list sounds great, the smalls will love it.

Glad the painting is nearly done. We still have 3 rooms to do but I've had enough for this year, they'll have to be on the 2018 to do list!
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 ú20.70
    December 3 NSD
    Weight loss 2/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 2nd Dec 17, 7:37 AM
    • 702 Posts
    • 9,622 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Off on my holidays in an hour or so. Have a good day and I'll catch up with you later.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 2nd Dec 17, 11:42 AM
    • 868 Posts
    • 5,059 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Morning missus

Have a lovely day

Love your Xmas activity list with the kids

(((((HUGS)))))
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 2nd Dec 17, 11:58 AM
    • 399 Posts
    • 2,635 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    That's a brilliant idea from Charlie's Tribe

Your activity list sounds great, the smalls will love it.

Glad the painting is nearly done. We still have 3 rooms to do but I've had enough for this year, they'll have to be on the 2018 to do list!
    Originally posted by Sun Addict
    I still have the stairs and my room to do Will wait now though until after Xmas I am sick of painting and putting wall paper up is like torture!

Off on my holidays in an hour or so. Have a good day and I'll catch up with you later.
    Originally posted by Toni'sfriend
    Have a lovely time away TF

Morning missus

Have a lovely day

Love your Xmas activity list with the kids

(((((HUGS)))))
    Originally posted by UncannyScot
    Morning

Hope you're feeling better? x
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 2nd Dec 17, 12:00 PM
    • 399 Posts
    • 2,635 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Morning Just

Feel amazing today in comparison to how I've felt recently! I actually got a few hours sleep too! I suspect in a few hours I'll be back to feeling rubbish but I'm making the most of feeling good.

Been into town and sorted some bits, bought paint to finish downstairs. Really want to get finished this weekend I won't be happy if not! Also needed fabric conditioner and bleach.

Have a good day all x
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 2nd Dec 17, 4:27 PM
    • 5,610 Posts
    • 18,405 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Glad you're feeling a bit better WF. Hope your not too cold without the heating xx
    Mummytogirls x

ú23164.32 - 12/12/10
    ú6936.45 - 04/09/17 - 70.99% paid off
    • abba1772
    • By abba1772 2nd Dec 17, 4:44 PM
    • 4,014 Posts
    • 12,291 Thanks
    abba1772
    Hope you're boiler gets fixed soon wannabe xx
    NEXT TARGET HALIFAX CC WAS July 17 ú3572.57 NOW ú4536.82
    POAMAYC 2011 ú6382.66 POAMAYC 2012 ú5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 ú3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 ú4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 ú7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 ú8000.90
    POAMAYC 2017 ú6784.64 / ú6000
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 2nd Dec 17, 4:47 PM
    • 399 Posts
    • 2,635 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    I knew it wouldn't last Feeling rough again. At least I know I get a good 4 hours of feeling good

Smalls are all in the bath, early night after last night! Plus the fact there's more glitter on them than the Xmas decorations

I'm going to get them settled with a movie and hot choc and cookies. Then I can get on with the painting again. Be worth it when it's done I keep reminding myself

Youngest has overnight nurse tonight so I have no excuse not to get the majority done so the wallpaper can go up tomorrow evening!
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 2nd Dec 17, 4:52 PM
    • 868 Posts
    • 5,059 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Good work missus

Like you say, gotta luv a list
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,365Posts Today

7,959Users online

Martin's Twitter