Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 21st Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    • 412Posts
    • 2,826Thanks
    WannabeFree
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö
    • 21st Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö 21st Nov 17 at 11:04 AM
    Back in May this year I decided things had to change. I turned to here and received an amazing amount of help and advice. Here I am making a fresh start.

Debt 09/05/2017

Council Tax ú2092.71
    Court Fine ú1250
    Court Fine ú200
    Person 1 ú1000
    Person 2 ú1000
    Person 3 ú1379
    Person 4 ú427
    Debt Total ú7348.71

Rent Arrears ú3381.28

Total ú10729.99

*Person 4 ú575
    *New Debt ú732
    *Debt 1 ú387.29
    *Debt 2 ú1451.40
    *Debt 3 ú1137.73
    *EDF ú3140.65

Total ú18154.06

*As more comes out from under the carpet I will update here.
    Last edited by WannabeFree; 21-11-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Page 16
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 1st Dec 17, 9:26 AM
    • 703 Posts
    • 9,646 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Glad it's all sorted. You could do without the additional stress. You're doing well though. That's a lot of plans for December! Don't do too much, have a good day and (most of all) take care of yourself.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 1st Dec 17, 10:16 AM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,826 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Thank I'm glad it's sort of sorted. Least it's one less worry. All my bills are paid for this week at least.

x
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.ö
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 1st Dec 17, 10:32 AM
    • 4,430 Posts
    • 13,830 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Make sure you take a nanna nap this afternoon before the little ones get in from school.x
    Be mindful of your self-talk. It's a conversation with the Universe."

Debt free and saving for my future
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 1st Dec 17, 10:57 AM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,826 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    I don't think I have much choice

I've just taken my painkillers and I think I'll be asleep soon

x
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.ö
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 1st Dec 17, 3:05 PM
    • 49,030 Posts
    • 181,986 Thanks
    beanielou
    So have you managed to get your HB sorted out.
    As someone said that will make an amazing diifference.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 1st Dec 17, 3:39 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,826 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    No I paid it on the credit card But I'm not worrying about that for today

I just can't sleep but still I've sat on the sofa the majority of the day!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 1st Dec 17, 3:58 PM
    • 49,030 Posts
    • 181,986 Thanks
    beanielou
    Is your application for HB & CTB in the system?

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 1st Dec 17, 4:38 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,826 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Yeah but they don't think I'm entitled to it but other calculators say I am so no idea what will come from it x
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 1st Dec 17, 5:16 PM
    • 703 Posts
    • 9,646 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Hope it all works out for you. I just can't understand why these things are so difficult and stressful for claimants. Surely the system should be simpler than that.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 1st Dec 17, 5:32 PM
    • 49,030 Posts
    • 181,986 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope it all works out for you. I just can't understand why these things are so difficult and stressful for claimants. Surely the system should be simpler than that.
    Originally posted by Toni'sfriend
    The system is not stacked in favour of the claiment sadly.

• Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 1st Dec 17, 5:48 PM
    • 703 Posts
    • 9,646 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    The system is not stacked in favour of the claimant sadly.
    This doesn't surprise me but it is so wrong. I really feel for those who are already facing difficulties having to put up with the stress of this as well. It seems like they have to fight for every penny they are entitled to.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 1st Dec 17, 6:01 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,826 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Being totally honest I'm just working on the basis of I'm not entitled and if I am then great but if not at least I haven't been expecting it.

I have no heating and hot water and it can't be repaired until the 6th! Smalls are going to stay with mum for the weekend again I think

But I have lots to get on with either way.
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 1st Dec 17, 6:11 PM
    • 703 Posts
    • 9,646 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    I have no heating and hot water and it can't be repaired until the 6th! Smalls are going to stay with mum for the weekend again I think
    Why not? You have three small children - one with medical issues. You're a priority. If our heating doesn't work (and we don't have your issues) there is an emergency number and they fix it. OK, it might not be perfect but something is sorted out on a temporary basis. That really is not good enough.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 1st Dec 17, 6:17 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,826 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    They've been out (twice) but it needs a new part or something which won't be here until Wednesday.

They provide a plug in blow heater but it's eating electric quicker than the kids can eat chocolate

It's not too much of a problem for me. The shower is electric so can use that to wash up etc in the bath and fill mop buckets x
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 1st Dec 17, 6:19 PM
    • 49,030 Posts
    • 181,986 Thanks
    beanielou
    Why not? You have three small children - one with medical issues. You're a priority. If our heating doesn't work (and we don't have your issues) there is an emergency number and they fix it. OK, it might not be perfect but something is sorted out on a temporary basis. That really is not good enough.
    Totally agree with this.
    There must be an emergency number to call.on your behalf.

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 1st Dec 17, 6:21 PM
    • 49,030 Posts
    • 181,986 Thanks
    beanielou
    They've been out (twice) but it needs a new part or something which won't be here until Wednesday.

They provide a plug in blow heater but it's eating electric quicker than the kids can eat chocolate

It's not too much of a problem for me. The shower is electric so can use that to wash up etc in the bath and fill mop buckets x
    Originally posted by WannabeFree

Really really not good enough.
    Are they going to pay for the additional electricity used?

• WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 1st Dec 17, 6:24 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,826 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    I doubt it

I don't mind, I'm just glad I don't have to cover the repair

I have plenty to keep busy and warm and if I decide against doing the to do list I'll grab a duvet for the sofa
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 1st Dec 17, 6:27 PM
    • 703 Posts
    • 9,646 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    And you're expected to pay for this even though you can't afford it. What would happen if you had one of these power cards things that you had to pay for in advance and you didn't have any money. Can understand that you do have some access to hot water in an emergency but seriously really not good enough.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 1st Dec 17, 6:30 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,826 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    And you're expected to pay for this even though you can't afford it. What would happen if you had one of these power cards things that you had to pay for in advance and you didn't have any money. Can understand that you do have some access to hot water in an emergency but seriously really not good enough.
    I actually do pay for my electric this way luckily though today is 'top up day' or I'd have been a bit worried about running out mid week!
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 1st Dec 17, 7:03 PM
    • 703 Posts
    • 9,646 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    I don't mind, I'm just glad I don't have to cover the repair
    The point is not that you don't mind but they have a responsibility to sort this out and that timescale is not acceptable.
    Last edited by Toni'sfriend; 01-12-2017 at 7:04 PM. Reason: mistake
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,103Posts Today

7,909Users online

Martin's Twitter