Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 21st Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    • 406Posts
    • 2,710Thanks
    WannabeFree
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö
    • 21st Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö 21st Nov 17 at 11:04 AM
    Back in May this year I decided things had to change. I turned to here and received an amazing amount of help and advice. Here I am making a fresh start.

Debt 09/05/2017

Council Tax ú2092.71
    Court Fine ú1250
    Court Fine ú200
    Person 1 ú1000
    Person 2 ú1000
    Person 3 ú1379
    Person 4 ú427
    Debt Total ú7348.71

Rent Arrears ú3381.28

Total ú10729.99

*Person 4 ú575
    *New Debt ú732
    *Debt 1 ú387.29
    *Debt 2 ú1451.40
    *Debt 3 ú1137.73
    *EDF ú3140.65

Total ú18154.06

*As more comes out from under the carpet I will update here.
    Last edited by WannabeFree; 21-11-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Page 14
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 29th Nov 17, 2:14 PM
    • 406 Posts
    • 2,710 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Oh Moodjuice looks helpful. Will spend time over there later having a good luck. Thank you x

Maybe I need to grow a pair and just speak to someone about it and be honest rather than only giving away bits and pieces. Lots to think about. I do know I don't want smalls to follow in my footsteps in any sense of me
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.ö
    • EssexHebridean
    • By EssexHebridean 29th Nov 17, 2:46 PM
    • 8,202 Posts
    • 43,440 Thanks
    EssexHebridean
    Oh Moodjuice looks helpful. Will spend time over there later having a good luck. Thank you x

Maybe I need to grow a pair and just speak to someone about it and be honest rather than only giving away bits and pieces. Lots to think about. I do know I don't want smalls to follow in my footsteps in any sense of me
    Originally posted by WannabeFree
    No. This is wrong. Want that they have your courage, your determination, your persistance. and your honesty. Want them to take after you in as much as they will make mistakes, of course, but then will be big enough to hold their hands up and take every step possible to fix things. And above all want them to cherish their own families in precisely the same way as you cherish them.
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016
    Sainsbugs 0% card: 22/12/16 ú1229.00/ú656.45 (20/11/17)
    SOA Calculator for DFW newbies: Stoozing.com SOA Calculator
    • EssexHebridean
    • By EssexHebridean 29th Nov 17, 3:03 PM
    • 8,202 Posts
    • 43,440 Thanks
    EssexHebridean
    Headache and dizziness are great signs of low blood sugar, so yes, most likely the food! Some suggestions:

- Try to avoid anything too sugary - if you have sugar in drinks and aren't eating then this won't be helping how you're feeling either as your blood sugar will be up and down like a rollercoaster.
    - think about wholegrains - so either the sort of wholegrain cereals you might buy for the smalls (but again, not massively sugary ones), wholemeal bread, brown rice is great but not to everyone's taste. They're GREAT for regulating blood sugar though.
    - for a "quick fix" try a banana if you like them. Slow release energy - it's the way forwards.
    - watch out for getting dehydrated too - that doesn't help.
    - try to eat at regular times.
    - If you can't cope with a meal, then a slice of toast or as someone else said a couple of cream crackers even is a LOT better than nothing.

I think you're definitely right that you've taken a big step forwards with this. I'll also say - start to tackle it today, otherwise you'll think yourself into another reason why you can't. When you do tea for the smalls tonight, sit and eat something with them too - I bet that will make their day! make that their new normal - a new family tradition for you all.
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 29th Nov 17, 3:41 PM
    • 703 Posts
    • 9,637 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    You have taken a very big step by telling us all this. As EH says start tonight. Have something with the wee ones. Doesn't need to be much. Small steps but as you tackle this you'll move on to tackling other issues as well. I also would recommend a bananas - one of my favourite breakfasts or lunches is banana on wholemeal toast. You don't need butter and it is so good for you.
    Last edited by Toni'sfriend; 29-11-2017 at 3:41 PM. Reason: mistake
    • Midgetgem82
    • By Midgetgem82 29th Nov 17, 4:04 PM
    • 71 Posts
    • 604 Thanks
    Midgetgem82
    Hello WB
    New to your diary and just caught up. Massive hugs to you for telling your problem. I understand how difficult this is, i admitted my ED to my family for the first time at the beginning of the year having suffered in silence for most of my adult life.
    One small thing to think about if you choose to try eating with the children is to only put on your plate what you will definitely eat. The children will notice more if you leave food on the plate than if you dont serve up your own food with them. this comes from personal experience.
    Small steps are whats needed and not punishing yourself when things dont go as planned. focus on when things go well not times when you feel you've done wrong.
    Take care x
    DEBT FREE WANNABE
    H+M ú72.89 NEXT ú319.56 22.9%APR BARCLAY CARD ú352.90 26.43%APR ARGOS CARDú38.26/ ú698.02 29.9%APR VERY ú221.19/ ú1825.21 47.9%APR
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 29th Nov 17, 4:52 PM
    • 406 Posts
    • 2,710 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Thank you EH. Will grab the nurse later and have him 'unofficially' check things. He's caught things just in time before to fix it. Although I'm pretty sure I won't need to say anything and he'll voice his opinion before I have choice

Either way will get sorted.

Smalls home from school. They are cold and tired apparently - good day then All agree they want early bath and bed with a movie, guess I will take the easy day and appreciate it. It doesn't happen often. Still makes me feel guilty I can't do everything even if they don't mind.
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.ö
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 29th Nov 17, 5:10 PM
    • 703 Posts
    • 9,637 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Trust me, nobody does everything. In fact, I do as little as possible. Please try to eat a little something,
    • Doobop
    • By Doobop 29th Nov 17, 5:21 PM
    • 152 Posts
    • 1,719 Thanks
    Doobop
    A big well done for naming the problem and saying it as it is. You have beaten many things since you started posting and you will manage this too. I would recommend telling a medical person the full extent of the problem - positively they can probably help. Negatively, what's the worst that can happen? I guess they may not listen/ offer support. That wouldn't be great but we all listen and are supporting. Or they may offer you some help.
    Teeny bits of food if that's all you can manage. Quarter of a piece of toast is better than none, a few grapes, a couple of bites of what the kids have. Anything is better than nothing.
    Take care and reward yourself after a bit of food - your favourite programme or something?
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 29th Nov 17, 5:31 PM
    • 869 Posts
    • 5,066 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    No. This is wrong. Want that they have your courage, your determination, your persistance. and your honesty. Want them to take after you in as much as they will make mistakes, of course, but then will be big enough to hold their hands up and take every step possible to fix things. And above all want them to cherish their own families in precisely the same way as you cherish them.
    Originally posted by EssexHebridean
    Wholeheartedly agree
    Lovely post
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 29th Nov 17, 7:53 PM
    • 5,610 Posts
    • 18,418 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    I feel the smalls pain for being cold and tired WF!!!

Early night sounds good xx
    Mummytogirls x

ú23164.32 - 12/12/10
    ú6936.45 - 04/09/17 - 70.99% paid off
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 30th Nov 17, 7:51 AM
    • 869 Posts
    • 5,066 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Morning

Have a lovely day luv
    (((((HUGS)))))
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 30th Nov 17, 8:39 AM
    • 406 Posts
    • 2,710 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Morning,
    Smalls away to school.

No major plans today. Have my to-do list to work through along with arranging some appointments. Need to write December goals too. Won't be much debt busting until after Xmas I don't think as I won't be back at work until Jan.

Had a good chat last night and received just the right replies to make me feel I have made the right decision on somethings, still a way to go though. I feel like a total burden though

Just having a coffee then will get started on the to do stuff

Have a good day x
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 30th Nov 17, 9:02 AM
    • 703 Posts
    • 9,637 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Had a good chat last night and received just the right replies to make me feel I have made the right decision on somethings,
    Glad to hear that but don't ever think you're a burden and go back to work when you feel fit enough.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 30th Nov 17, 9:18 AM
    • 869 Posts
    • 5,066 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Glad to hear that but don't ever think you're a burden and go back to work when you feel fit enough.
    Originally posted by Toni'sfriend
    Absolutely second that ^^^^^ (((((HUGS)))))
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 30th Nov 17, 9:30 AM
    • 406 Posts
    • 2,710 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Originally posted by Toni'sfriend
    I don't really have much choice about work. I do feel I'm letting them down though.

And I am a burden total bothering someone when they should be doing other (better) things

Absolutely second that ^^^^^ (((((HUGS)))))
    Originally posted by UncannyScot
    work?
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 30th Nov 17, 9:41 AM
    • 703 Posts
    • 9,637 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Everyone needs a little help sometimes. Why should you think that your needs are less important than someone else's?
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 30th Nov 17, 10:24 AM
    • 406 Posts
    • 2,710 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    I don't really know what to reply to that

I just don't like bothering anyone x
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 30th Nov 17, 10:43 AM
    • 703 Posts
    • 9,637 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    The whole point is you're not bothering them. They are here to help you. Just as we are (or should be) here to help one another.
    • EssexHebridean
    • By EssexHebridean 30th Nov 17, 11:18 AM
    • 8,202 Posts
    • 43,440 Thanks
    EssexHebridean
    I don't really know what to reply to that

I just don't like bothering anyone x
    Originally posted by WannabeFree
    Nobody does - but we do need to remember that when folk say "If I can help, just ask" they do mean it, otherwise they wouldn't say it! People generally speaking WANT to help those they like, so consider accepting that help being as kind to them, as they are to you, perhaps?

What did you have for breakfast today? I'm rapidly heading to the end of my box of Crunchy Nut Peanut Butter clusters in the office - they're AMAZING! Need to find a special offer to get some more I think!
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 30th Nov 17, 11:46 AM
    • 406 Posts
    • 2,710 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    I'm learning slowly

Erm breakfast

I'm quite lost for what to say today all in a confused muddle
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

194Posts Today

1,498Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin