Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • iammumtoone
    • By iammumtoone 21st Nov 17, 7:26 AM
    • 5,348Posts
    • 11,005Thanks
    iammumtoone
    christmas eve hamper ideas for 10 year old boy
    • 21st Nov 17, 7:26 AM
    christmas eve hamper ideas for 10 year old boy 21st Nov 17 at 7:26 AM
    Looking for suggestion of items to put in a Christmas eve hamper for 10 year old boy.

Budget around £10 (might need to be a bit more this year) but for that I want 3-4 items Happy for the item(s) to be second hand.

Previous years I have gone in poundland/B&M etc and got some cheap toy sets but hes too old for that now, he wont have any interest in them. He is even going to pick his own pjs for the box this year as he didn't like the ones I picked for him last year So I would like to include a couple of things that will be a surprise for him.

Thanks
    Last edited by iammumtoone; 21-11-2017 at 8:05 AM.
Page 2
    • Faith177
    • By Faith177 5th Dec 17, 4:40 PM
    • 2,484 Posts
    • 3,980 Thanks
    Faith177
    Hamper stuff now bought. Lots of ideas on here thanks plenty to keep me going for next year as well.

Pjs
    Camera - old one was going to give him anyway (I couldn't find any props )
    DVD
    horrible histories Christmas book
    Book to read together before bed
    kinder chocolate Santa
    bubble bath in snowman - poundland
    Christmas biscuits (buy these anyway, this year they are going in hamper to bulk it out)
    minecraft annual - poundland
    Originally posted by iammumtoone
    Wilkos have a prop set in think it's quite cheap too.
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Date 27/04/2013

WW - Start Weight 15.1 Goal 10.10 loss so far 9lbs
    • Spendless
    • By Spendless 5th Dec 17, 8:45 PM
    • 19,707 Posts
    • 31,853 Thanks
    Spendless
    I for one have never heard of this custom till I read it on here. Where did it come from? Neither my son or my daughter do hampers for their children
    Originally posted by Newly retired
    I've only ever read it on here and came across it for the first time perhaps 8 years ago or so (going on I'd read about them for a couple of years before doing one and DS was 10 or 11 and he's now 17).

This year for the first time, I've picked up a box that was labelled 'christmas eve box' but I think the shop in an independent one, however my sis-i-l has picked up one in Asda so sounds like it's becoming more common.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

520Posts Today

3,894Users online

Martin's Twitter