Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BRS7
    • By BRS7 19th Nov 17, 9:21 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 2Thanks
    BRS7
    Letter before claim recieved
    • 19th Nov 17, 9:21 PM
    Letter before claim recieved 19th Nov 17 at 9:21 PM
    Hi all,
    I hope you can help, i have received a letter before claim after ignoring many letters from debt collectors.
    After reading a little (and getting very confused) on the forum i think i need to respond using extracts from Daniel Sans letter and Loadsof Chrildren12(sorry i can't post the URL as i'm a new member.
    I am not entirely sure whether i should be writing to SCS or UK Parking control though, i assume SCS? If it is of any importance the letter received has the road name spelt incorrectly. 9 of the 11 charges are from residential parking (not my residence) on occasions where either i had parked a little wonky or there were no spaces available so improvised!
    Any help, advice or tips would be much appreciated!

...ok so i've got this far and im struggling to insert the images of the letter! How can i add pictures?
Page 2
    • BRS7
    • By BRS7 29th Dec 17, 12:00 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    BRS7
    Anyone got any tips before I draw up the draft reply? As I said above i’m struggling to understand if they have fulfilled my requests fully....
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 29th Dec 17, 10:31 PM
    • 52,728 Posts
    • 66,251 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You will get replies when we see some sort of draft of how you want to respond.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• BRS7
    • By BRS7 3rd Jan 18, 4:55 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    BRS7
    I was going to respond just picking out one thing that was incorrect ie. “I requested maps of the area showing where the signage is at the site, you have supplied the maps without this information, please can you Supply me with a map that details this information” and that’s it, and then when they reply pick out another fault with there original response. Short and sweet until I get all the information I requested.

What do you think?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Jan 18, 9:43 PM
    • 52,728 Posts
    • 66,251 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yep, sounds like a plan!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,650Posts Today

8,257Users online

Martin's Twitter