Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • capital0ne
    • By capital0ne 19th Nov 17, 3:38 PM
    • 146Posts
    • 80Thanks
    capital0ne
    TD/II or iWeb
    • 19th Nov 17, 3:38 PM
    TD/II or iWeb 19th Nov 17 at 3:38 PM
    I'm sure this has been done to death, but just going on the latest table in the Telegraph
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/investing/isas/tables-the-cheapest-and-most-expensive-places-to-buy-an-isa/
    II/TD and iWeb are on a par for portfolios above £50k, DD/II is £100/yr and iWeb is £80/yr, so what are all the original TD investors going to do - stick or switch?
Page 2
    • Economic
    • By Economic 24th Nov 17, 8:40 PM
    • 151 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    Economic
    I have just noticed that IWeb was dissolved earlier this month, so that might prompt something to happen through some internal process somehow.
    Originally posted by jamei305
    The IWeb Share Dealing Service is operated by Halifax Share Dealing Limited. Let us know when Halifax Share Dealing Limited is dissolved!
    • jamei305
    • By jamei305 24th Nov 17, 8:51 PM
    • 237 Posts
    • 283 Thanks
    jamei305
    The IWeb Share Dealing Service is operated by Halifax Share Dealing Limited. Let us know when Halifax Share Dealing Limited is dissolved!
    Originally posted by Economic
    I guess it will take a while for HBOS to be dissolved and fully subsumed into Lloyds, especially as it's still under investigation for misdoings prior to the financial crisis.
    • IanManc
    • By IanManc 24th Nov 17, 9:13 PM
    • 367 Posts
    • 544 Thanks
    IanManc
    IWEB (UK) Ltd last submitted full accounts for the year to 31.12.2010, thereafter there were two sets of annual "accounts for a dormant company".

Stated in the first of those accounts is that on 15.12.2009 the customers, trading assets and liabilities of IWEB (UK) Ltd were transferred to the parent company Halifax Share Dealing Ltd, and that since then Halifax has maintained the IWEB brand as part of its operations, and that it was intended to liquidate the IWEB (UK) Ltd company.

So the subsequent liquidation of IWEB (UK) Ltd is of no significance, and as far as customers are concerned nothing has changed since 2009.
    Last edited by IanManc; 24-11-2017 at 9:16 PM.
    • jamei305
    • By jamei305 24th Nov 17, 9:38 PM
    • 237 Posts
    • 283 Thanks
    jamei305
    IWEB (UK) Ltd last submitted full accounts for the year to 31.12.2010, thereafter there were two sets of annual "accounts for a dormant company".

Stated in the first of those accounts is that on 15.12.2009 the customers, trading assets and liabilities of IWEB (UK) Ltd were transferred to the parent company Halifax Share Dealing Ltd, and that since then Halifax has maintained the IWEB brand as part of its operations, and that it was intended to liquidate the IWEB (UK) Ltd company.

So the subsequent liquidation of IWEB (UK) Ltd is of no significance, and as far as customers are concerned nothing has changed since 2009.
    Originally posted by IanManc
    It was significant in the context of bowlhead's point about little admin things cropping up to prompt Halifax Sharedealing to treat the IWeb brand differently after 15 years of inactivity.
    • IanManc
    • By IanManc 24th Nov 17, 9:51 PM
    • 367 Posts
    • 544 Thanks
    IanManc
    It was significant in the context of bowlhead's point about little admin things cropping up to prompt Halifax Sharedealing to treat the IWeb brand differently after 15 years of inactivity.
    Originally posted by jamei305
    No, the liquidation of the company was of no significance whatsoever. The change that affected customers - moving of assets to the Halifax parent company - was completed in 2009. And the liquidation of a dormant company that has not traded for seven years is of no significance in relation to Bowlhead's point about the continuance or otherwise of the brand.
    • cloud_dog
    • By cloud_dog 25th Nov 17, 12:17 AM
    • 3,308 Posts
    • 1,864 Thanks
    cloud_dog
    Apologies, slightly off topic
    Hi

Apologies, slightly off topic but, I didn't want to start another TD/II to iWeb thread.

I have completed a transfer from TD to iWeb (sad to go) and my question relates to the speed of dividend payments in iWeb? Specifically, I have HSBC shares and the divi was paid on 22 November.

TD were always very quick with payment but the divi is not in the new iWeb account. I've checked the old TD/II account and both (GIA/ISA) accounts show as 'closed' (I expect they are waiting for confirmation to completely close the account), with no divi or monies showing.

The transfer completed a couple of weeks ago. Is it possible the divi may have still gone to TD/II and they are (hopefully) processing the payment over to iWeb or do iWeb tend to take a number of days to process divis (like ye 'ole style cheque clearance)?
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
    • badger09
    • By badger09 25th Nov 17, 11:20 AM
    • 5,577 Posts
    • 4,887 Thanks
    badger09
    Hi

Apologies, slightly off topic but, I didn't want to start another TD/II to iWeb thread.

I have completed a transfer from TD to iWeb (sad to go) and my question relates to the speed of dividend payments in iWeb? Specifically, I have HSBC shares and the divi was paid on 22 November.

TD were always very quick with payment but the divi is not in the new iWeb account. I've checked the old TD/II account and both (GIA/ISA) accounts show as 'closed' (I expect they are waiting for confirmation to completely close the account), with no divi or monies showing.

The transfer completed a couple of weeks ago. Is it possible the divi may have still gone to TD/II and they are (hopefully) processing the payment over to iWeb or do iWeb tend to take a number of days to process divis (like ye 'ole style cheque clearance)?
    Originally posted by cloud_dog
    Sorry, I can't answer your question, but wonder if the dividend will have gone to the platform which held your shares on the date the dividend was paid, presumably TD/II?
    I'm a supporter of dunstonh
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 25th Nov 17, 11:30 AM
    • 23,644 Posts
    • 13,773 Thanks
    xylophone
    I enquired of II what would happen about any payments due to come into the account after the transfer and was told that they would be sent on to the new provider.
    • cloud_dog
    • By cloud_dog 25th Nov 17, 12:55 PM
    • 3,308 Posts
    • 1,864 Thanks
    cloud_dog
    I'm confident the shares had been re-registered to iWeb a number of days (weeks) prior to the divi payment date, i.e. 22 Nov. The last action that is undertaken in the transfer is the (any) cash element from your ISA, and that was 10 Nov., and the shares were visible in iWeb a large number of days in advance of this, i.e. 3 Nov.

It is likely that iWeb may be slightly slower in processing divi payments; after all Friday was only the 24th. I'll give iWeb a few more days see if it arrives early next week.

• Alexland
    • By Alexland 25th Nov 17, 1:07 PM
    • 737 Posts
    • 464 Thanks
    Alexland
    Yup sounds like you just have to wait. For what it's worth I find Halifax a bit slow in general too but it doesn't matter as they seem to get there eventually. I just use Halifax to hold a static VLS fund for which they are excellent value.

I transferred my current year Nutmeg ISA to Vanguard earlier in the year and a £7 ETF dividend appeared in the old account and so the platforms initiated another transfer. But then Nutmeg have just offered me £100 to move it back again (maybe my LISA was getting lonely) which is tempting as it would basically cover their platform and fund fees for the minimum 12 months before it would probably move again.

Alex
    Last edited by Alexland; 25-11-2017 at 1:44 PM.
    • IanManc
    • By IanManc 25th Nov 17, 1:12 PM
    • 367 Posts
    • 544 Thanks
    IanManc
    I'm confident the shares had been re-registered to iWeb a number of days (weeks) prior to the divi payment date, i.e. 22 Nov. The last action that is undertaken in the transfer is the (any) cash element from your ISA, and that was 10 Nov., and the shares were visible in iWeb a large number of days in advance of this, i.e. 3 Nov.

It is likely that iWeb may be slightly slower in processing divi payments; after all Friday was only the 24th. I'll give iWeb a few more days see if it arrives early next week.
    Originally posted by cloud_dog
    The dividend would be paid to the platform which held them on the record date/ex-dividend date, not the one which held them on the date of payment of the dividend, so you need to know the record date for the shares and which platform held them at that time to be sure where the dividend has been sent by the company registrars.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 25th Nov 17, 3:09 PM
    • 5,577 Posts
    • 4,887 Thanks
    badger09
    The dividend would be paid to the platform which held them on the record date/ex-dividend date, not the one which held them on the date of payment of the dividend, so you need to know the record date for the shares and which platform held them at that time to be sure where the dividend has been sent by the company registrars.
    Originally posted by IanManc
    That is actually what I was trying to say above, but obviously worded it very badly
    I'm a supporter of dunstonh
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 25th Nov 17, 3:22 PM
    • 23,644 Posts
    • 13,773 Thanks
    xylophone
    Relative holds HSBC - dates here

http://www.hsbc.com/investor-relations/share-and-dividend-information/dividend-timetable
    • cloud_dog
    • By cloud_dog 25th Nov 17, 5:41 PM
    • 3,308 Posts
    • 1,864 Thanks
    cloud_dog
    Yes....record date makes sense.

• aroominyork
    • By aroominyork 25th Nov 17, 11:02 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    aroominyork
    I'm sure this has been done to death, but just going on the latest table in the Telegraph
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/investing/isas/tables-the-cheapest-and-most-expensive-places-to-buy-an-isa/
    II/TD and iWeb are on a par for portfolios above £50k, DD/II is £100/yr and iWeb is £80/yr, so what are all the original TD investors going to do - stick or switch?
    Originally posted by capital0ne
    I'm working through the options (to cut my costs by leaving HL) given that the more I read about ii, which was my first thought, the more I think it would not be the best move. Telegraph Investor says, on its ISA page, says "Invest up to £15,240 in the current tax year... From 6 April 2017 the annual allowance rises to £20,000." So they're nicely on the ball then.

You get what you pay for is one thing, but there seems to be a gap in the market for competence if anyone can provide it for less than the 60-70% margins which lie behind HL being one of Lindsell Train's main holdings.
    • cloud_dog
    • By cloud_dog 30th Nov 17, 1:20 PM
    • 3,308 Posts
    • 1,864 Thanks
    cloud_dog
    I queried the divi payment with II via SM, due to the transfer to iWeb and today I recieved a letter confirming they have closed the account, and that if they receive a divi they will post a cheque.

Didn't request they close the account just yet but, hey ho.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,510Posts Today

8,186Users online

Martin's Twitter