Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Blacksheepcat
    • By Blacksheepcat 19th Nov 17, 9:43 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Blacksheepcat
    VCS County Court Claim
    • 19th Nov 17, 9:43 AM
    VCS County Court Claim 19th Nov 17 at 9:43 AM
    As it says!
    I've received a County Court claim form from VCS - for a sum of £*** for parking in a private, residents & visitors car park area on several occasions.

Unfortunately I didn’t open the letter before claim that was sent until two days before the 30 day deadline given in it (mostly as I was working away alot and it ended up under a pile of paperwork).

Am I right in the following, after reading all the guides and hopefully keeping it to point;

1: I now need to reply to the case asking for 28 days to prepare a defence;
    2: Go to court and defend it?

Also, how to I get it moved to a local court to me? IE Yorkshire / Leeds? Or is it all done online?

the claim pertains to parking in an enclosed park as a guest of a resident, as each flat has a singular designated parking spot and the rest are visitors spaces, their was no requirement for permits etc in this car park.
    The car park was security gated and required a residents key fob to gain access.

Out side this gated area is another small parking area accessible without obstruction from the road - This area is awash with VCS parking signs.

Inside the gated area their is a single sign on one wall or parking spaces not reserved for individual flats - This is obstructed 100% if a car parks in front of it.
    Since getting this letter I have been able to find out that 4 of the spaces WITHIN this gated carpark are owned by the landowner of the OUTER area - these are covered by VCS, the rest of the car park is not. Their Is and was no clear delineation between these areas.

Furthermore, even if VCS covered the whole park, and the signage applied to me, I was their legitimately, so would be allowed to disregard the parking charge? Or is this point mute?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Blacksheepcat; 30-11-2017 at 12:55 PM.
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 19th Nov 17, 10:17 AM
    • 6,459 Posts
    • 8,272 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 19th Nov 17, 10:17 AM
    • 19th Nov 17, 10:17 AM
    Is this VCS doing this or via a solicitor (BWLegal)
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Blacksheepcat
    • By Blacksheepcat 19th Nov 17, 12:31 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Blacksheepcat
    • 19th Nov 17, 12:31 PM
    • 19th Nov 17, 12:31 PM
    Everything I have had is VCS themselves. The Claimant is VCS. Signed "Jake Burgess"
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 19th Nov 17, 1:38 PM
    • 1,197 Posts
    • 2,371 Thanks
    Lamilad
    • 19th Nov 17, 1:38 PM
    • 19th Nov 17, 1:38 PM
    Also, how to I get it moved to a local court to me? IE Yorkshire / Leeds? Or is it all done online?
    Read post #2 of the NEWBIES thread atop page 1 so you understand how the process works including his to acknowledge the claim and prepare your defence.

Post your draft defence here for further advice.

Edit your opening post to remove any suggestion who was driving. Refer only to "the driver"

4 of the spaces WITHIN this gated carpark are owned by the landowner of the OUTER area - these are covered by VCS, the rest of the car park is not. Their Is and was no clear delineation between these areas.
    This will be an important part of your defence. Was the car parked in one of these 4 spaces and what was the signage like to distinguish these from the rest of the car park?
    • Blacksheepcat
    • By Blacksheepcat 30th Nov 17, 12:54 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Blacksheepcat
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:54 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:54 PM
    Thank you for this;

The signage is a single sign on the wall behind these spaces, which would be obscured fully if a car parked in front of it. Their is no physically obvious delineation between any area within this rectangular car park, each space is marked as a space and that is it.

I will post up my draft this evening - its taken a week of reading all the posts here to produce it so thanks in advance, a wealth of information here.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

973Posts Today

6,280Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @SF_England: @MartinSLewis Thanks Martin, just so everyone is aware- check your payslips between when you graduated and the following Ap?

• Sorry to bubble burst. But each day a lot of people tweet me this. I think it doesn't show any other votes until t? https://t.co/uRny62NRc1

• Today's Twitter poll: I want to find out are people generally happy. So how happy are you today? PS I did the same? https://t.co/3Gw9ylu2H2

• Follow Martin