Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• georgia_00
    • By georgia_00 17th Nov 17, 4:27 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Letter Before Claim - Gladstones
    • 17th Nov 17, 4:27 PM
    Letter Before Claim - Gladstones 17th Nov 17 at 4:27 PM
    Hi Everyone,

Recieved a parking ticket on the car window back in October 2016 from Parking Control Management (Uk) Limited.

Chasing letters (surprisingly only a few) were incorrectly marked for attention they were conveniently ignored (name/initials are close to registered keeper, but not correct) which may or may not have been the best way to resolve the situation.

Now 13 months later, Gladstones have issued a 'Letter Before Claim' which after reading the information on here seems to be a genuine solicitors letter (reference begins with a 1 etc)

- Any advice regarding incorrect name?
    - Is there a standard template response, even though this will be my first correspondence back?

Will attempt to post a copy of the letter in next post...
    Last edited by georgia_00; 17-11-2017 at 9:15 PM. Reason: Removed name
Page 2
    • georgia_00
    • By georgia_00 10th Jan 18, 4:19 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Just an update, as there was no substantive response from them, I sent the response form today, ticking I dispute the debt, and to refer to correspondence sent previously by myself.

I presume the next correspondence back from them will be court action?
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 10th Jan 18, 6:19 PM
    • 1,892 Posts
    • 2,152 Thanks
    Probably. So get reading post 2 again !!!55357;!!!56842;
    • georgia_00
    • By georgia_00 10th Jan 18, 8:56 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Post number 2 gave me the template for my response to Gladstones ‘Letter before claim’.

That was done and sent, then I’ve got a standard response back with a further 30 days to respond.

Am I missing something from the 2nd post by Coupon-mad?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jan 18, 10:34 PM
    • 54,821 Posts
    • 68,489 Thanks
    No, why not read other Gladstones threads, everyone gets this. Been discussed lots of times, various replies used.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 11th Jan 18, 10:24 AM
    • 1,892 Posts
    • 2,152 Thanks
    Post two takes you through the court claim process, so you know what to do and when.
    • georgia_00
    • By georgia_00 13th Feb 18, 9:11 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Update, and a strange response from Gladstones!

They have just sent a 3 or 4 line letter back saying that they did reply substantively to my letter before claim response, by way of their FAQ!!!8217;s in their response.

And then says visit PCM parking portal for evidence, which i did visit and its shows images of the vehicle and the parking sign.

And thats it!

So i either respond saying that they still haven!!!8217;t provided a substantive reply to my original letter, or just wait and see what they send next?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,076Posts Today

8,262Users online

Martin's Twitter