Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 17th Nov 17, 1:44 PM
    • 45Posts
    • 4Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Pure Planet
    • 17th Nov 17, 1:44 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Pure Planet 17th Nov 17 at 1:44 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Pure Planet

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
Page 1
    • simoningram
    • By simoningram 28th Nov 17, 2:59 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    simoningram
    • 28th Nov 17, 2:59 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 2:59 PM
    My experience to date is extremely positive, switch happened within 2 weeks and was very smooth. Love the app and info supplied within in. Price appears extremely competitive to date. Would recommend.
    • pnam
    • By pnam 28th Nov 17, 3:53 PM
    • 766 Posts
    • 1,412 Thanks
    pnam
    • 28th Nov 17, 3:53 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 3:53 PM
    So far so good. Switch from SP completed without a hitch, communication good, just been reminded to submit first set of monthly meter reads, which is easy to do via the app.
    • foxland
    • By foxland 5th Dec 17, 4:03 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    foxland
    • 5th Dec 17, 4:03 PM
    Pure Planet Direct Debits
    • 5th Dec 17, 4:03 PM
    Just tried to switch. Pure Planet will charge higher direct debit over winter months and lower direct debit in summer months. Changing in December results in higher monthly payments than previous supplier (over the year £100 saving). Will not be proceeding on that basis!
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 5th Dec 17, 6:25 PM
    • 1,011 Posts
    • 559 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 5th Dec 17, 6:25 PM
    • 5th Dec 17, 6:25 PM
    Just tried to switch. Pure Planet will charge higher direct debit over winter months and lower direct debit in summer months. Changing in December results in higher monthly payments than previous supplier (over the year £100 saving). Will not be proceeding on that basis!
    Originally posted by foxland
    But that's normal behaviour for the smaller providers to uplift in the colder months, that and the "month in advance" payment system.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 6th Dec 17, 9:00 AM
    • 3,863 Posts
    • 1,534 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 6th Dec 17, 9:00 AM
    • 6th Dec 17, 9:00 AM
    But that's normal behaviour for the smaller providers to uplift in the colder months, that and the "month in advance" payment system.
    Originally posted by Neil Jones
    I wouldn't say it was 'normal', although a few small suppliers do take this approach in the fisrt year of joining ... if you join them in the approach to or during winter.

But I don't think this supplier takes that approach ... unless you can provide evidence to the contrary.

I see the supplier does review payments after 1 month and again after 6 months to ensure you are on track to pay off the entire 12 month's usage in 12 months.
    The supplier is also conmsidering alternative appraoched (but not the one suggested by foxland), but these are only being considered at this stage as I understand.

As I see it, usage probably doesn't make up as big a percentage of the bill as many suppliers anyway, as the supplier charges a whopping £120 per year per fuel standing charge (which they confusingly refer to as a membership charge)
    Last edited by footyguy; 06-12-2017 at 9:02 AM.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 6th Dec 17, 10:00 AM
    • 4,635 Posts
    • 2,809 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 6th Dec 17, 10:00 AM
    • 6th Dec 17, 10:00 AM
    My experience to date is extremely positive, switch happened within 2 weeks and was very smooth. Love the app and info supplied within in. Price appears extremely competitive to date. Would recommend.
    Originally posted by simoningram
    I smell a slight rat. It is not legally possible to switch within 2 weeks as there is a 14 day 'cooling off' period that starts from the day that the supplier receives the application to transfer a supply. Care to elaborate.
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 7th Dec 17, 11:20 AM
    • 8,807 Posts
    • 21,100 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    • 7th Dec 17, 11:20 AM
    • 7th Dec 17, 11:20 AM
    Hi folks, Pure Planet will be joining the forum with a verified account in the next couple of days.

If you're a customer or prospective customer and have a question please do ask it on here and hopefully it will be able to help you.

Andrea
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

194Posts Today

1,498Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin