Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Summerly
    • By Summerly 16th Nov 17, 10:08 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Summerly
    Debenhams PPI timescales.
    • 16th Nov 17, 10:08 PM
    Debenhams PPI timescales. 16th Nov 17 at 10:08 PM
    Hi there everyone.

Looking for a bit of advice, if someone out there can help...?

I called Santander some time ago to see if they could tell me what my Debenhams account number was so I could check if I had been mis-sold PPI. At that point they did say I had a number of accounts with PPI attached and did I want to make a claim. I said I did and that the reason I felt it was mis-sold was because I was in full-time employment and regardless, I wasn't aware that PPI had been added.

They said that they would review my complaint and I would have a response within 8 weeks. At the 4 week point I had a letter saying that the response was taking longer than expected. It has now been over 8 weeks and I have been advised they are still investigating.

I can't find any info on how long claims usually take, or what percentage of claims take longer than 8 weeks. Is there an average claim time if a claim takes over 8 weeks?. I do understand that there is no legal timescale they need to adhere to but I'm not sure if I could be waiting 10 weeks or 10 months.

Someone also suggested that they would have rejected my claim by now if it was no, but I don't think that is correct?

I am keeping an open mind on success, but it would be good to know what timings I should be working to, and when I should seriously start getting pee'd off with it all,.

Thanks in advance.
Page 2
    • EOP
    • By EOP 5th Dec 17, 11:49 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    EOP
    Debenhams PPI delay!!
    Hi everybody on "thread". Any updates this week?
    • poppet23
    • By poppet23 6th Dec 17, 3:52 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 152 Thanks
    poppet23
    No update here. Might give them a call next week to see if any further forward but the girl I spoke to last week indicated it isn't looking like something that will be resolved quickly.
    October wins: casserole dish
    • poppet23
    • By poppet23 6th Dec 17, 4:18 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 152 Thanks
    poppet23
    Phoned again - person confirmed again still on hold, no further forward and no timescales. They did also say that their is a backlog as well so when they know anything I am guessing it might take a while before it's communicated. He advised me to leave it a while before chasing again.
    October wins: casserole dish
    • EOP
    • By EOP 6th Dec 17, 4:44 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    EOP
    Same here ..... phoned earlier and they said that nothing was resolved yet !!! 😩
    • Someadviceplease
    • By Someadviceplease 12th Dec 17, 12:06 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Someadviceplease
    I’m in exactly the same boat. I’ve made 2 complaints about D.P store card and Burtons.

Called today as my 8 weeks are up on Friday. They said the same thing about negotiations with AXA.

I said that their letters were misleading as they state that they are investigating my complaint and will try to resolve it within 8 weeks. They’ve said that the letters are auto generated so will always say that.

I also asked when the negotiations started and cases were being put on hold. The call handler said they (staff) had only been informed a couple of weeks ago and not been told when negotiations started.

I said I had found this information out from this forum, however they should have informed me, as well as other customers in my situation rather than reading it on here. He couldn’t tell me why no information regarding this process of putting store card cases on hold had been published or formally communicated anywhere.

The letters they are sending are misleading and considering all the hot water Santander have already been in about PPI - they should be honest with customers about their cases.

They’ve advised me to call again on Monday as the 8 weeks will be up on Friday this week.

If I have to call them everyday to see if the negotiations have ended, then that’s what I’ll do. I urge anyone else in this situation to do the same. Otherwise there will be no urgency to get this issue closed off by either them or AXA
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 12th Dec 17, 12:19 PM
    • 18,906 Posts
    • 10,122 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    If I have to call them everyday to see if the negotiations have ended, then that’s what I’ll do.
    Originally posted by Someadviceplease
    That would be a waste of your time and utterly futile. You are not even sure your complaint will be upheld.

Just put it to the back of your mind. You can do absolutely nothing to affect the outcome now.
    • Someadviceplease
    • By Someadviceplease 12th Dec 17, 1:17 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Someadviceplease
    Exactly....no one knows if their complaint has been upheld, investigated, on hold, delayed. So far everyone - except you (as you don’t seem to have referred to a similar case you have a pending, just giving your personal opinion) - on this thread have been given differing informal advice over the phone about their cases, while the formal communications are all exactly the same.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 13th Dec 17, 12:41 AM
    • 18,906 Posts
    • 10,122 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    So far everyone - except you (as you donít seem to have referred to a similar case you have a pending, just giving your personal opinion) - on this thread have been given differing informal advice
    Originally posted by Someadviceplease
    Do you really think ringing their call centre staff every day will have any effect? I don't, I'm afraid.
    • DebbieTW60
    • By DebbieTW60 14th Dec 17, 3:24 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DebbieTW60
    Hi,

I have been waiting for nearly 12 weeks now. When I contact them they just say they have a large number of complaints to go through and they are dealing with them as soon as possible.

I know this does not help, but appears they have been inundated or extremely slow.
    • Someadviceplease
    • By Someadviceplease 16th Dec 17, 3:21 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Someadviceplease
    This contradicts what I was told. I was advised that the cases were being investigated to a point and now placed on hold until the negotiations with AXA is finished.
    • Someadviceplease
    • By Someadviceplease 16th Dec 17, 5:17 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Someadviceplease
    Thanks DebbieTW60 for sharing - this site is brilliant for people to share their experiences when facing the same challenges.

I’ll be contacting them on Monday to find out what’s going. Also why no information can be found to advise customers that their case will be placed on hold if negotiations are not settled within 8 weeks.

The fact they’ve said these negotiations can take months, even years, they should be setting customer expectations from the beginning.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

371Posts Today

1,561Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin