Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • azz007
    • By azz007 16th Nov 17, 6:39 PM
    • 121Posts
    • 13Thanks
    azz007
    Minster baywatch pcn
    • 16th Nov 17, 6:39 PM
    Minster baywatch pcn 16th Nov 17 at 6:39 PM
    2 postal PCN from Minster Baywatch as being parked on a Mecca Bingo Car park on two occasions 24th Oct and 02 Nov 2017.

these are monitored now with ANPR cameras .

Now as keeper have 2 PCN and wrote a Without Prejudice Letter to hoefuly work to bring the matter to a close if they accecpt. as keeper will sent a letter via post with a cheque.

This is what i have so far, i think maybe i should remove point 2, as ive read this no longer works??
    any thoughts , ammendants or things to add will be appreciated. see below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    17/11/2017
    Without Prejudice

Dear Sirs,

I write further to your recent correspondences as the Keeper relating to the Parking Charges issued by yourselves. (See attached).
    Parking Charge Number 1: 12345
    Parking Charge Number 2: 12345

I am challenging your parking charge dated 24/10/2017 & 02/11/2017) on the following grounds:

2. The large sum demanded amounts to a penalty and/or is not an accurate reflection of any loss suffered so it is not a reasonable charge. Your monetary claim is disproportionate, punitive and unjustifiable in total. It may also be an unfair term and therefore in breach of Schedule 2 of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.
    Please provide a breakdown of how your demanded charge is calculated so that I can consider further whether it amounts to a penalty as the charge that you are levying is punitive and therefore void against me. The charge of £100 is arbitrary and in no way proportionate to any alleged breach of contract. Nor does it even equate to local council charges.
    3. You were using an ANPR camera system but this has evidently not been advertised on the signage with prominence and not seen by the driver.
    4. Having examined your PCN I believe it is non-compliant demand for payment. Your notice in the text refers to being a PCN. This term is attributed to a penalty charge notice issued by a local authority. It is therefore easily confused with a statutory penalty charge notice. The BPA is clear in its rules that such abbreviations and terms are not permissible.

As a gesture of goodwill and to bring the matter to a swift and amicable conclusion, I am offering you on a without prejudice basis only, the sum of £10.00 for both alleged breaches in full and final settlement of all claims you have against the Keeper. This should enable you to cover the costs of obtaining the vehicle details and your alleged loss of income you may have suffered arising from the alleged contract. I should point out that if you bank or negotiate this cheque this will be taken as your acceptance of the offer which cannot be retracted under any circumstance.

If you choose to reject my offer to settle this matter and wish to pursue this matter through the courts then I shall bring to the Court’s attention this letter.

Yours Faithfully,

PRINT NAME

any feedback appreciated, i dont really want to ignore this one as ive already ignored another one i got from ECP in August and at the 2nd DRP+ LETTER stage.
    Last edited by azz007; 17-11-2017 at 11:02 AM.
Page 5
    • Redx
    • By Redx 4th Jan 18, 9:56 PM
    • 17,159 Posts
    • 21,439 Thanks
    Redx
    those debt collector cases you dealt with in an earlier life were regarding defaults on legal contracts , where there was an "intention to create legal relations" , SO NOT ALLEGED DEBTS BUT REAL AND ACCUMULATED DEBTS , PROBABLY WITH SIGNED AND DATED CONTRACTS

the whole premise of your current arguments with MB and ECP is that there is no contract of parking between you , that you never entered into one , the drivers intention was to just park there for free because they thought the land did not belong to anyone , so until a judge tells you that you did enter into a contract and must pay , its a disputed unsigned contract over a disputed and alleged debt or debts over no parking agreement

MIL collections and some parking companies got into trouble in selling details on where they breached their KADOE contracts and MIL were not the principal , so in some cases DPA breached occurred when the PPC had obtained the dvla details for the keeper and then sold the alleged debt on to MIL

a bit more research required as your previous job is irrelevant in these parking charge notice cases

and the more you incur as keeper , the more your letterbox will ping , so 1 down and 3 to go when you said "1 out of 4" , plus your ECP ones , mean the more you accrue , that remain unpaid or unresolved , the more debt collector letters you will receive

plus it takes over 6 years to know if a strategy against a debt collector works, the alleged debt never goes away , just the threat of court due to the 6 year statute , so do you seriously expect to keep us informed until 2024 ? (then we can have a new strategy starting in 2024 , even though a lot of the goalposts will have moved in the meantime , like the new 2018 private members bill and the new 2018 DPA protocols etc)

as for MB , they can and do issue court claims as EB says above (more so in the last 12 months or so) , like these recent ones

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5757012

and

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5710354

and

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5587476

and

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5578681

and

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5356821

are just a few

we believe that they got some new claims manager in to progress these alleged debts and issue court claims , perhaps 1 to 2 years ago
    Last edited by Redx; 04-01-2018 at 10:49 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • azz007
    • By azz007 5th Jan 18, 11:01 AM
    • 121 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    azz007
    The Rt Hon Sir Greg Knight MP is heading this and
    you should complain to him about this very poor POPLA decision ]
    Originally posted by beamerguy
    Sent: 05 January 2018 10:46
    To: Az### <###unitypartnership.com>
    Subject: Re: POPLA CASE: 4113277###

The Rt Hon Sir Greg Knight MP
    House of Commons
    Westminster
    London SW1A 0AA
    Telephone: 0207 219 4077 or 01377 812123
    Email: secretary@gregknight.com

Dear Az###

Thank you for your email and for keeping Sir Greg informed of your own particular circumstances. I am sorry to hear that you lost your appeal.

Sir Greg is gathering information and evidence, and so this is very helpful.

Regards

Teresa

Teresa Sothcott
    Private Secretary
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 5th Jan 18, 11:07 AM
    • 6,731 Posts
    • 8,704 Thanks
    beamerguy

House of Commons
    Westminster
    London SW1A 0AA

Dear Az###

Thank you for your email and for keeping Sir Greg informed of your own particular circumstances. I am sorry to hear that you lost your appeal.

Regards

Teresa

Teresa Sothcott
    Private Secretary
    Originally posted by azz007
    Well done, I would suggest that more write to
    Sir Greg whilst he is still gathering evidence

In particular, the GREAT GLADSTONES IPC/IAS SCAM

This scam must be investigated urgently and the
    termination of Gladstones/IPC/IAS as an ATA to which
    they have made a mockery of
    Last edited by beamerguy; 05-01-2018 at 11:46 AM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Jan 18, 12:30 AM
    • 52,853 Posts
    • 66,372 Thanks
    Coupon-mad

House of Commons
    Westminster
    London SW1A 0AA

Dear Az###

Regards

Teresa

Teresa Sothcott
    Private Secretary

That's the spirit!

Fighting back is better than paying. Don't fold!

Please also contact WHICH? magazine using the easy link from this thread to tell them briefly of your plight. The more people who contact WHICH, the more likely they are to take up this unregulated scam industry as their next cause:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5765579

and send a copy of your case to your MP as well.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• azz007
    • By azz007 8th Jan 18, 9:39 AM
    • 121 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    azz007
    Got a letter on Friday the 5th from Minster Baywatch demanding payment of £100 after the loss at POPLA. The letter date is 03/01/208 and they have asked for payment by 03/01/2018. This further proves they are a bunch of amateurs with no idea of what they are doing. issuing the letter on a date , and to expect payment on the same date. just shows what this industry is like. Bunch of scam artists.

Maybe this letter could help my cause if there ever was to be a court case i wonder. So now i already expect a bunch of debt letters from this company.Who do they use for the debt stage.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Jan 18, 10:17 AM
    • 16,335 Posts
    • 25,424 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Who do they use for the debt stage.
    A forum search will tell you who they have used - it’s what we would have to do to give you the answer to your question.

But they can choose whichever debt crawler they like. All you need to do is to ignore anything from a debt collector (see NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #4). Don’t ignore a LBA or real court papers.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 8th Jan 18, 10:42 AM
    • 1,540 Posts
    • 1,689 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Indeed, who cares who they use for debt collection? theyre all the same bunch of powerless wastes of oxygen and trees.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 8th Jan 18, 11:02 AM
    • 6,731 Posts
    • 8,704 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Got a letter on Friday the 5th from Minster Baywatch demanding payment of £100 after the loss at POPLA. The letter date is 03/01/208 and they have asked for payment by 03/01/2018. This further proves they are a bunch of amateurs with no idea of what they are doing. issuing the letter on a date , and to expect payment on the same date. just shows what this industry is like. Bunch of scam artists.

Maybe this letter could help my cause if there ever was to be a court case i wonder. So now i already expect a bunch of debt letters from this company.Who do they use for the debt stage.
    At least you now know what d*ckheads they really are

Which moron debt collector ???
    Probably DRP spouting complete rubbish and lying

Ignore these complete idiots
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,652Posts Today

8,388Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Right I'm signing off for the weekend. Don't do anything I wouldn't do (so that includes impulse spending, driving? https://t.co/7vEK9cd6DO

• RT @bigmickwelsh63: @MartinSLewis Already done it.... donated my kidney to my brother almost 30yrs ago. Not sure if I would have done it fo?

• Today's Twitter poll: Following yesterday's poll about being an organ donor when you die - would you consider being? https://t.co/tCTWjJBin8

• Follow Martin