Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • federer
    • By federer 16th Nov 17, 11:02 AM
    • 162Posts
    • 6Thanks
    federer
    TSB account opening
    • 16th Nov 17, 11:02 AM
    TSB account opening 16th Nov 17 at 11:02 AM
    I cannot open the tsb account using link as completing the first page of the form I am led to a page where an error has been encountered

The tsb account opening team are not interested

Anyone else have issues
Page 1
    • spadoosh
    • By spadoosh 16th Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    • 4,711 Posts
    • 6,194 Thanks
    spadoosh
    • 16th Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    • 16th Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    No, worked fine for me.
    Don't be angry!
    • guyvxt
    • By guyvxt 1st Dec 17, 9:19 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    guyvxt
    • 1st Dec 17, 9:19 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 9:19 PM
    We've encountered an error

We're sorry but something has gone wrong and we've had to end your session.
    If you were in the middle of doing something such as applying for a credit card, you'll need to start again from the beginning.

any advice?
    • ProudDad
    • By ProudDad 1st Dec 17, 9:41 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    ProudDad
    • 1st Dec 17, 9:41 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 9:41 PM
    Only suggestion is to try another device or try again later on/tomorrow.
    Proud dad to two little ones who light up every day

Live every day like its your last because you never know it might just be!

I do work for a bank however any comments I make are my own and should not be seen as me giving advice or in any connection to my employer.
    • guyvxt
    • By guyvxt 1st Dec 17, 10:07 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    guyvxt
    • 1st Dec 17, 10:07 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 10:07 PM
    Only suggestion is to try another device or try again later on/tomorrow.
    Originally posted by ProudDad
    I've tried it on my laptop using both Edge and Firefox. Just tried it using internet explorer on my work laptop and still get the same message. I'll try again tomorrow...

The 'checking your details' page loads, the clock ticks around and then it shows the error message.

Natwest are closing my local branch so I may aswell jump and get the switching incentive.
    • Kim_13
    • By Kim_13 1st Dec 17, 11:13 PM
    • 1,478 Posts
    • 1,761 Thanks
    Kim_13
    • 1st Dec 17, 11:13 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 11:13 PM
    Had this previously with Halifax (TSB are still using IT systems from LBG days at present.)

Like TSB, they also couldn't do anything to progress the application when I called and advised that I could go to branch to apply if I didn't want to run the risk of the same thing happening again.

Check your credit files - you may well find that a search has been recorded. If it has, repeat attempts and failures may start leading to rejections for no fault of your own, so I wouldn't try more than once more online.

This article outlines how you can obtain copies of your credit reports: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/check-free-credit-report
    Sealed Pot 11 #520 ~ /£100
    VSP 2017 #9 ~ £108.83/£250.00
    CCCC 2017 #1 ~ £220.95/£120.00

I'm a Board Guide on the Savings and Investments , Budgeting and Bank Accounts , Credit Cards and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this.) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • guyvxt
    • By guyvxt 2nd Dec 17, 2:37 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    guyvxt
    • 2nd Dec 17, 2:37 PM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 2:37 PM
    My credit check thing via Noddle only updates once a month

I've tried again this morning on yet another machine but same error occurring. I think it did this when I tried to switch last year during the incentive too...

No point doing it in branch as I won't get the £130 back
    • Kim_13
    • By Kim_13 2nd Dec 17, 3:58 PM
    • 1,478 Posts
    • 1,761 Thanks
    Kim_13
    • 2nd Dec 17, 3:58 PM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 3:58 PM
    My credit check thing via Noddle only updates once a month

I've tried again this morning on yet another machine but same error occurring. I think it did this when I tried to switch last year during the incentive too...

No point doing it in branch as I won't get the £130 back
    Originally posted by guyvxt
    If you don't have any more important applications to do (0% balance transfer, mortgage or remortgage etc) in the near future, you could try again just before the offer expires. With Halifax mine went through fine when I applied again about two weeks later, so whether something was fixed behind the scenes in the meantime I don't know.
    Sealed Pot 11 #520 ~ /£100
    VSP 2017 #9 ~ £108.83/£250.00
    CCCC 2017 #1 ~ £220.95/£120.00

I'm a Board Guide on the Savings and Investments , Budgeting and Bank Accounts , Credit Cards and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this.) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • gowgowuk
    • By gowgowuk 2nd Dec 17, 6:10 PM
    • 379 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    gowgowuk
    • 2nd Dec 17, 6:10 PM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 6:10 PM
    Hello,
    I have also the error problem at the last step (but before account being accepted). I tried on different days, different computers (Mac and Windows), Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
    Last chance tomorrow, but I'm not too hopeful...
    • guyvxt
    • By guyvxt 3rd Dec 17, 9:53 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    guyvxt
    Tried it on my iPad yesterday and got the same error.

Just tried again today one last time and used my phone as a personal hotspot to check it wasn't anything to do with my broadband. Still an error.

Oh well, will wait for the next incentive to come along!
    • antonette254
    • By antonette254 3rd Dec 17, 10:55 AM
    • 155 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    antonette254
    I’m getting the same error too. What a pain��
    • xwizarduk
    • By xwizarduk 3rd Dec 17, 12:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    xwizarduk
    TSB failure :(
    hey,
    unfortunately I have had the same problem. I have tried several times, via different browsers, last night and this morning, but all attempts have ended in failure (with an error page being displayed). I hope I have not caused damage to my otherwise very good credit report!
    Come on TSB - sort it out!!!
    • Print Screen
    • By Print Screen 3rd Dec 17, 1:03 PM
    • 330 Posts
    • 195 Thanks
    Print Screen
    Yeah I'm getting the same error on whatever device I try from I don't know if TSB have pulled to offer via MSE or are struggling to cope with demand.
    If freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will have freedom.
    • strawberries1
    • By strawberries1 3rd Dec 17, 8:26 PM
    • 666 Posts
    • 140 Thanks
    strawberries1
    Same here. Error on friday on both Explorer and Chrome and same again on Chrome.
    • Stacyc
    • By Stacyc 4th Dec 17, 10:17 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Stacyc
    Hi I switched to TSB for the £130 incentive. I did not understand and switched my direct debits myself. They now say I don't meet the criteria although I do have 2 direct debits set up and my wages paid in. They are not interested and actually not very nice. What do I do?
    • robdogg11
    • By robdogg11 4th Dec 17, 10:33 AM
    • 41 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    robdogg11
    I had issues as well. Rang them up and they could see my application but she said it was in an error state. She had to delete it and she then advised to wait 24 hours and then apply using firefox. Worked a treat when I followed her advice on Friday.

I then received an email rejecting my application this morning. I'm now wondering if the multiple time I tried over the last week have had an impact on my credit report.
    • quaybab
    • By quaybab 4th Dec 17, 11:51 AM
    • 99 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    quaybab
    Its your details. When tried with bogus information, it says you've failed the classic plus application but offers you a basic bank account.

We've encountered an error

We're sorry but something has gone wrong and we've had to end your session.
    If you were in the middle of doing something such as applying for a credit card, you'll need to start again from the beginning.

any advice?
    Originally posted by guyvxt
    • northwalesd
    • By northwalesd 4th Dec 17, 12:34 PM
    • 235 Posts
    • 153 Thanks
    northwalesd
    What do I do?
    Originally posted by Stacyc
    Find somewhere else to switch, with a nice reward.
    • Rahi_04
    • By Rahi_04 4th Dec 17, 2:14 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rahi_04
    Got same error message this morning, so I called their switching team. They informed me the deadline has been extended to Friday.
    My profile has been registered and that I should apply again in a couple of days. I also made an appointment with my local branch to apply in person, just in case the online application does not go through.
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 4th Dec 17, 2:27 PM
    • 4,284 Posts
    • 1,322 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    Got same error message this morning, so I called their switching team. They informed me the deadline has been extended to Friday.
    My profile has been registered and that I should apply again in a couple of days. I also made an appointment with my local branch to apply in person, just in case the online application does not go through.
    Originally posted by Rahi_04
    If you apply via any other route then you are very unlikely to get the switching bonus.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,789Posts Today

8,292Users online

Martin's Twitter