Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 2
    • NEST Pensions
      Verified User verified user
    • By NEST Pensions Verified User verified user 25th Nov 17, 11:37 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    NEST Pensions
    Transfers
    No answers from NEST yet - that says something. Why come on here if they are not going to give answers?
    Originally posted by Malchester
    Patience, everyone, the relevant team clearly has a 20 working day tunaround
    Originally posted by Malthusian
    To be fair, the cricket's started.
    Originally posted by mark1959
    Hi there, we have now responded to the posts on the subject of transfers. Thanks
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official representative of NEST. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"
    • NEST Pensions
    • By NEST Pensions Verified User verified user 25th Nov 17, 11:46 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    NEST Pensions
    Identity verification
    Without wishing to make an opinion about the overall intent (maybe other schemes are overly lax), how is that different from any other occupational scheme...?
    Originally posted by hyubh
    Hi, we accept other schemes have different processes for managing this. As mentioned in an earlier reply regarding transfers, we are looking into our processes and part of that is how we might make it easier for our members to evidence their identity.
    I am the official representative of NEST. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"
    • mark1959
    • By mark1959 25th Nov 17, 8:20 PM
    • 256 Posts
    • 270 Thanks
    mark1959
    Well other financial institutions manage identity checks electronically [whatever that means]. And if somehow that doesn't work then go down the passport/ driving licence route. Why can't you and why couldn't you from the onset?
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 7th Dec 17, 12:48 PM
    • 1,313 Posts
    • 3,742 Thanks
    Zanderman
    Hi there,
    Firstly thanks for your posts. Your feedback on transfers, along with similar feedback from other customers, has been very valuable, and timely. It’s been an important topic of discussion within NEST too. NEST is a relative newcomer to handling transfers (less than a year) so we appreciate there is room for improvement. To this end, we’ve already kicked off a review of our processes, and customer feedback like yours, will be an important input to that.
    Originally posted by NEST Pensions
    Thanks for letting us know you are reviewing your transfer-in processes - which is, sort of, reassuring. But also, actually, worrying. How hard can it be to get this right - other pension providers have been doing it easily for yonks!

Some indication of timetable for your review would be helpful as it is obvious people have, and still are, having trouble with your transfer process.

I would refer you (again! 2nd time on this thread and once before on another - you do give the impression you don't like to respond!) to the three existing threads where this has been raised and never responded to by anyone at NEST. Do you have comments on those scenarios - have they been resolved - and if so how?

Here they are yet again:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5731390
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5665098
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5732027
    • NEST Pensions
    • By NEST Pensions Verified User verified user 11th Dec 17, 6:40 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    NEST Pensions
    Hi,
    We’re aware that this is a relatively new process for NEST compared to other pension providers who have been doing this for a lot longer. We’re always looking to improve our processes and feedback like yours plays an important part of helping us do that. We’re currently looking at some changes that can be implemented in the short term over the next month or so which are easier for us to deliver quickly. We’re also developing plans for changes that are more complex as part of our longer term delivery.

• datlex
    • By datlex 11th Dec 17, 7:51 PM
    • 1,449 Posts
    • 1,235 Thanks
    datlex
    Are you referring to our pensions calculator? If yes, you are right to point out our existing calculator does not take into account the phased % statutory increases in contributions. The Money Advice Service provides this calculator, which does show the breakdown of the impact of the increasing minimum contributions
    Originally posted by NEST Pensions
    Ok so your response is to state what I already know rather than answering the question. Are you planning on updating the calculator on your website?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,214Posts Today

6,823Users online

Martin's Twitter