Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Absurdity
    • By Absurdity 15th Nov 17, 8:04 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 7Thanks
    Absurdity
    Assassin's creed origins £20 - sainsburys
    • 15th Nov 17, 8:04 PM
    Assassin's creed origins £20 - sainsburys 15th Nov 17 at 8:04 PM
    Hi all,

I bought assassin's creed origins from Sainsbury's using their nectar double up vouchers. The game was bought in kenton (London) store on 15 November.

The game is list priced at £44.99, however at the till it was priced at £39.99. Using the double event, I converted £20 of nectar points into a £40 multimedia voucher.

As you must meet the value of the voucher, just ask the person behind the till to round the cost up by 1p.

This means the effective discount is 55.5% off list price!!

Happy shopping.

semper peculi
    Absurdity x

Anything written above are my opinions/experiences and you don't have to care/believe them, afterall for all you know I'm a worker at a bank and I'm just trying to get you to buy our products :P
Page 1
    • nkkingston
    • By nkkingston 20th Dec 17, 4:23 PM
    • 454 Posts
    • 519 Thanks
    nkkingston
    • 20th Dec 17, 4:23 PM
    • 20th Dec 17, 4:23 PM
    Good shout! We've put off buying it until after Christmas because we just can't afford new games right now. I hadn't thought about throwing nectar vouchers at it; something to consider in january!
    Mortgage
    June 2016: £93,295
    December 2017: £79,667.26
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 20th Dec 17, 6:00 PM
    • 27,009 Posts
    • 14,792 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    • 20th Dec 17, 6:00 PM
    • 20th Dec 17, 6:00 PM
    There are places where its only £32 i think without needing loyality points etc. I think it was that price in morrisons the other day when i got their last copy of cod ww2 for £35.
    • woody2234
    • By woody2234 20th Dec 17, 8:25 PM
    • 370 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    woody2234
    • 20th Dec 17, 8:25 PM
    • 20th Dec 17, 8:25 PM
    Tesco its £32 and Argos £35 today
    Let them eat cake (Marie Antoinette 1765)
    • chippy2u
    • By chippy2u 28th Dec 17, 10:18 AM
    • 278 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    chippy2u
    • 28th Dec 17, 10:18 AM
    • 28th Dec 17, 10:18 AM
    Got mine from Amazon yesterday for £32. A little bit confusing to start with but up to level 5 already. Looks awesome!
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 28th Dec 17, 6:51 PM
    • 27,009 Posts
    • 14,792 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    • 28th Dec 17, 6:51 PM
    • 28th Dec 17, 6:51 PM
    Got mine from Amazon yesterday for £32. A little bit confusing to start with but up to level 5 already. Looks awesome!
    Originally posted by chippy2u
    Yeah, i found it confusing at first. I have been playing for weeks and still havent even visited half of the map. It makes you visit places to unlock missions etc usually repesented by a ! Or a ?. In the gear section you will have more weapons etc available than what you have equipped. For example to see all shields available click on the shield and a list will appear and you can equip whichever you like. All gear has level ratings too but you cant equip anything that is higher than your current level. At blacksmiths you can upgrade any item you have. I would avoid taking on any enemy that is a higher level than yourself. Those represented by a skull head instead of a level number i find impossible to beat and avoid them. Using senu regularly helps alot. Dont forget to keep an eye on your ability points as well and use them to upgrade various abilities.
    • chippy2u
    • By chippy2u 29th Dec 17, 10:55 AM
    • 278 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    chippy2u
    • 29th Dec 17, 10:55 AM
    • 29th Dec 17, 10:55 AM
    Thanks for the tips. It does seem to be a huge world. I think it's going to be quite a long game! Leveling up doesn't seem to be too hard though.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 29th Dec 17, 7:20 PM
    • 27,009 Posts
    • 14,792 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    • 29th Dec 17, 7:20 PM
    • 29th Dec 17, 7:20 PM
    Thanks for the tips. It does seem to be a huge world. I think it's going to be quite a long game! Leveling up doesn't seem to be too hard though.
    Originally posted by chippy2u
    Killing enemies, discovering locations, completing any type of mission or task, all give you xp towards your next level up. You also get 1 ability point each time you level up. Some abilities require more than one point.
    • theroamingnomad
    • By theroamingnomad 10th Jan 18, 8:25 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    theroamingnomad
    • 10th Jan 18, 8:25 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 8:25 PM
    I got Assassin's Creed: Origins from CD Keys for £29.99 and loved it. I played through the game and loved it, even though it is a big deviation from previous iterations; the control system was completely revamped and I quite like it.
    • cjdavies
    • By cjdavies 12th Jan 18, 7:20 AM
    • 2,958 Posts
    • 3,068 Thanks
    cjdavies
    42 hours in and level 22.

Not even started main misson 6 yet! Just doing as many side missions as I can, still a few areas to visit.

Only just discovered throwing sleep/poison darts into smoke fire!

Tip 1: YouTube "Assassins creed origins tips" look videos like 10 things you didn't know playing.

Tip 2: If you see a camp, don't bother straight away, a side mission will most likely take you there - kills 2 birds with 1 stone.

Definitely better, so glad they got rid of the "do it this or you don't get 100% sync".

I had it to switch to hard mid way as normal was easy, died a few times during combat, not mastered that one properly yet against the big guys.
    Last edited by cjdavies; 12-01-2018 at 7:22 AM.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 12th Jan 18, 6:15 PM
    • 27,009 Posts
    • 14,792 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    42 hours in and level 22.

Not even started main misson 6 yet! Just doing as many side missions as I can, still a few areas to visit.

Only just discovered throwing sleep/poison darts into smoke fire!

Tip 1: YouTube "Assassins creed origins tips" look videos like 10 things you didn't know playing.

Tip 2: If you see a camp, don't bother straight away, a side mission will most likely take you there - kills 2 birds with 1 stone.

Definitely better, so glad they got rid of the "do it this or you don't get 100% sync".

I had it to switch to hard mid way as normal was easy, died a few times during combat, not mastered that one properly yet against the big guys.
    Originally posted by cjdavies
    I am at level 40 which is the highest you can get. Dont worry though you can still get xp to win ability points etc. On tip 2 yeah thats happened to me. However theres no guarantee a mission will occur in the camp so i just do it anyway. Its not a waste of effort because you get xp for killing and other pick ups on both occasions.
    With combat it really depends what level the bad guys are compared to yourself. If they are lower than you it is usually quite easy. One of the abilities you can get makes the special move bar be full at the beginning of conflict which can make it easier.
    The bad guys called phylakes are tough early on and best avoided. However they also have a level number so once you have worked your way up the levels a bit you can start taking them on. You get a trophy when you kill the first one. This also unlocks a side mission where killing 12 phylakes completes the mission.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,514Posts Today

8,856Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @RobiMous2: Yesterday I saved myself £30 a month by switching utilities and cancelling a sim no one in the family used anymore. Inspired?

• RT @elainelawro: @MartinSLewis When I lost my mum suddenly from a burst aneurysm on the brain I was unaware that my mum had signed up to do?

• RT @AlisonKinder: @MartinSLewis I?m on my second kidney transplant in Thirty years. My life has been changed beyond recognition twice by th?

• Follow Martin