Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bodders11
    • By Bodders11 15th Nov 17, 10:00 AM
    • 74Posts
    • 15Thanks
    Bodders11
    0 WOW
    When to book Mexico trip?
    • 15th Nov 17, 10:00 AM
    0 WOW
    When to book Mexico trip? 15th Nov 17 at 10:00 AM
    Hi all,

I plan to visit Mexico for a two week holiday in September 2018. I am monitoring the price at the moment, but don't know whether to wait for a possible Black Friday or January Sale deal. What do you think?

Thanks
Page 1
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 15th Nov 17, 4:02 PM
    • 7,307 Posts
    • 9,050 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 15th Nov 17, 4:02 PM
    • 15th Nov 17, 4:02 PM
    Monitor prices now and if something cheaper comes along, go for it.

Beware the hurricane season!
    • worriedindebt
    • By worriedindebt 28th Nov 17, 9:25 PM
    • 267 Posts
    • 1,469 Thanks
    worriedindebt
    • 28th Nov 17, 9:25 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 9:25 PM
    We just cancelled our holiday next year as we are unsure whether Mexico will be safe. Been a lot of shootings and Cartel violence recently, much of it not reported or covered up by resorts. May look at rebooking if and when situation improves but there is a real fear Cancun could be the next Acapulco.
    Incredibly sad as we loved it there and the people were so kind and welcoming ��
    Thanks to all who post here
    • Duckyduck
    • By Duckyduck 29th Nov 17, 6:38 PM
    • 87 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    Duckyduck
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:38 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:38 PM
    We just cancelled our holiday next year as we are unsure whether Mexico will be safe. Been a lot of shootings and Cartel violence recently, much of it not reported or covered up by resorts. May look at rebooking if and when situation improves but there is a real fear Cancun could be the next Acapulco.
    Incredibly sad as we loved it there and the people were so kind and welcoming ��
    Originally posted by worriedindebt
    Itís been like that for years. Has it actually deteriorated recently, or have you just become aware of it?

Not sure where in Mexico youíre looking to go, but thereís a reason September is cheaper than other times of the year in for the Caribbean cost!
    Save £12k in 2017 #10
    • bradders1983
    • By bradders1983 30th Nov 17, 8:46 AM
    • 81 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    bradders1983
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:46 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:46 AM
    Yup, book in hurricane season at your own peril, dont be like the thousands of people who did the same this year and then moaned about the conditions and support. At your own risk.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 30th Nov 17, 8:48 AM
    • 15,428 Posts
    • 38,744 Thanks
    elsien
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:48 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:48 AM
    Before the wall goes up?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • heatherw_01
    • By heatherw_01 30th Nov 17, 8:53 AM
    • 4,949 Posts
    • 3,582 Thanks
    heatherw_01
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:53 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:53 AM
    Never can predict what prices will do. Earlier is usually always better for budget airlines but with regular long haul flights, the prices can go up and down all year. All you can do is either monitor prices and book and you see a good deal or buy now if you think the price is good.
    I'm the Board Guide on Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • worriedindebt
    • By worriedindebt 4th Dec 17, 8:48 PM
    • 267 Posts
    • 1,469 Thanks
    worriedindebt
    • 4th Dec 17, 8:48 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 8:48 PM
    Itís been like that for years. Has it actually deteriorated recently, or have you just become aware of it?
    !
    Originally posted by Duckyduck
    Hi Ducky, yes it seeks to have deteriorated quite badly in the last year. Not a lot to be found on official news sites as being played down, but a recent documentary "unreported world" is on YouTube and plenty of reports on Tripadvisor forums. So very sad as its a beautiful place with beautiful people.
    Thanks to all who post here
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,725Posts Today

6,873Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin