Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • harshitguptaiitr
    • By harshitguptaiitr 14th Nov 17, 8:45 AM
    • 97Posts
    • 16Thanks
    harshitguptaiitr
    Post Office Savings Withdrawal Issues
    • 14th Nov 17, 8:45 AM
    Post Office Savings Withdrawal Issues 14th Nov 17 at 8:45 AM
    I opened an account with Post Office Online Saver when MSE rightly advertised about 1.27% AER.

However every-time I try to withdraw some funds (from INSTANT SAVERS account), I get error message as: Transfer cannot be applied at this time.

I tried during both normal banking hours and outside banking hours.

I called 08001697500 and the person on the phone said that there is a technical issue on my account and I have to call again between 9am to 5pm to have this resolved.

However there was no mention of technical error EVER when I login to the account or when I try to initiate the funds. Surely Post Office needs to resolve the error without the need of me having to ring them?

Also how is this INSTANT SAVER when we can't access funds INSTANTLY?

They could have mentioned at the time of account opening that for first withdrawal, customer will have to call them.

Very Poor service.
Page 1
    • colsten
    • By colsten 14th Nov 17, 10:03 AM
    • 8,919 Posts
    • 7,642 Thanks
    colsten
    • 14th Nov 17, 10:03 AM
    • 14th Nov 17, 10:03 AM
    This is a very regular experience people make, and it is being reported here again and again.

Perhaps people should simply stop putting money into a PO account. I have.
    • Eco Miser
    • By Eco Miser 14th Nov 17, 11:35 AM
    • 3,422 Posts
    • 3,180 Thanks
    Eco Miser
    • 14th Nov 17, 11:35 AM
    • 14th Nov 17, 11:35 AM
    The technical issue on your account may not be with the technology (the database and web servers) but with the information, such as your name being spelled differently on the account and the account you're withdrawing to, or the electoral roll.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
    • Stubod
    • By Stubod 14th Nov 17, 11:58 AM
    • 458 Posts
    • 318 Thanks
    Stubod
    • 14th Nov 17, 11:58 AM
    • 14th Nov 17, 11:58 AM
    Never more than a few weeks go by and there are "issues" reported with PO savings account..and these sort of issues have been going on for at least 3 years to my knowledge, (when I had the same experiences and left ASAP)...obviously crap IT , and even worse customer "support"..

Its not worth the hassle ..just find somewhere else to put your money...I did.
    Last edited by Stubod; 14-11-2017 at 12:00 PM.
    • hunter47
    • By hunter47 11th Feb 18, 4:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    hunter47
    • 11th Feb 18, 4:00 PM
    Post Office withdrawal
    • 11th Feb 18, 4:00 PM
    I have the exact same issue. Tried to withdraw but got the message transfer cannot be applied at this time. Got the same message when attempting to close the account. Phoned them , said I'd have to ring between 9and 5. They said there is a technical issue with their system. Still trying to get my money. Easy instant access is slow, drawn out quibbling.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,464Posts Today

8,529Users online

Martin's Twitter