Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Coolchic001
    • By Coolchic001 11th Nov 17, 6:40 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Coolchic001
    Credit ratings effected when you move in with partner
    • 11th Nov 17, 6:40 AM
    Credit ratings effected when you move in with partner 11th Nov 17 at 6:40 AM
    Hi all,
    Just need some advice please I have recently 're located with my partner and we are renting. Very happy indeed but he is worried about my credit rating and will it be effected if I'm not named on bills etc.

I currently have my own house that is tied up in divorce settlement untill next year. And all bills mortgage etc has my name on it but once that goes that's it.
    I do have my own credit cards. I'm also not working ad very lucky to be a lady of leisure. But will my credit rating suffer?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 11th Nov 17, 7:16 AM
    • 14,154 Posts
    • 14,851 Thanks
    zx81
    • 11th Nov 17, 7:16 AM
    • 11th Nov 17, 7:16 AM
    Using your credit cards is more than enough to maintain a good credit history
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 11th Nov 17, 7:45 AM
    • 30,300 Posts
    • 19,166 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 11th Nov 17, 7:45 AM
    • 11th Nov 17, 7:45 AM
    Hi all,
    Just need some advice please I have recently 're located with my partner and we are renting. Very happy indeed but he is worried about my credit rating and will it be effected if I'm not named on bills etc.

I currently have my own house that is tied up in divorce settlement untill next year. And all bills mortgage etc has my name on it but once that goes that's it.
    I do have my own credit cards. I'm also not working ad very lucky to be a lady of leisure. But will my credit rating suffer?
    Originally posted by Coolchic001
    Why worry about a number only you can see, who knows if it will suffer but as ZX says just using the credit cards, bank account well will be enough.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • nic_c
    • By nic_c 11th Nov 17, 8:23 AM
    • 1,089 Posts
    • 620 Thanks
    nic_c
    • 11th Nov 17, 8:23 AM
    • 11th Nov 17, 8:23 AM
    if you are going to be a lady of leisure, then why be worried about your credit rating? You only need to worry about your credit history if you want to get credit, but as a "L.o.L" with no income then will you want to be getting credit? If not, then it doesn't matter what your history says.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

330Posts Today

4,149Users online

Martin's Twitter