Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RustyRascal
    • By RustyRascal 10th Nov 17, 1:58 PM
    • 58Posts
    • 65Thanks
    RustyRascal
    Civil Enforcement Limited - Lying about dates
    • 10th Nov 17, 1:58 PM
    Civil Enforcement Limited - Lying about dates 10th Nov 17 at 1:58 PM
    Good afternoon all,

I have started fighting a case against CEL which feels to be in a good place, so I wanted to share something I found out this morning that could help put some nails in the coffins of the open cases of the unscrupulous bs-trds.

Having read through a number of posts on this and other forums around, I have noticed there is a common theme whereby CEL are sending out bulk particulars of claim, poorly mail merged, and in a large number of cases, not bothering to file an N215 (certificate of claim) which advises the court that they have sent their PoC! (If you are unsure whether or not the court has received your N215, call them (03001231056) with your claim number and just ask the question!)

To add insult to injury, they have the audacity to BACKDATE the Particulars of Claim documents (a lot of them were apparently sent on the 11th October!) so it implies to the court they stuck to the rules! (CPR 7.4)

This has NOT gone unnoticed, and following my conversation with helpdesk manager Amanda, there are a few complaints that have already been raised with the Customer Insight Team who are going to start official talks with CEL which will no doubt help defendants with their open cases. What she has requested is that I send through my case for her attention and she will forward it on.

If you have received a backdated PoC, still have your envelope, or can prove otherwise that the forms were received outside of the 14 days they are allowed then the court wants to hear from you so they can share this information with the Customer Insight Team who are building a file for CEL.

Where we may require some assistance is in forming a statement to send to Amanda for her to forward on. I was hoping that someone here could give us all a bit of template text that could help deliver a nice, powerful punch?

Thanks upfront,

RR
    Last edited by RustyRascal; 10-11-2017 at 2:06 PM.
Page 6
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 4th Dec 17, 2:37 PM
    • 1,754 Posts
    • 2,865 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    Just be sanguine about it (as you are being). Your worst case is you lose and pay what they are seeking. You haven't lost anything. Nobody's died as a result. You won't get a CCJ registered against you if you pay up in time (I think it's 28 days).
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
    • RustyRascal
    • By RustyRascal 4th Dec 17, 2:42 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    RustyRascal
    Just be sanguine about it (as you are being). Your worst case is you lose and pay what they are seeking. You haven't lost anything. Nobody's died as a result. You won't get a CCJ registered against you if you pay up in time (I think it's 28 days).
    Originally posted by Loadsofchildren123
    Sanguine is a great word

I am definitely feeling positive, regardless of outcome...and in the process i will do anything i can to soil the CEL name with regards their shambolic practices!

Onwards and upwards!
    • Confidentality
    • By Confidentality 8th Dec 17, 4:22 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Confidentality
    I've sent a complaint off to her.
    Particulars were dated 11/10/2017
    Sent to me 23/10 and received 25/10
    No defence forms enclosed as required by 7.8?

Unfortunately for me I got a Judgement in Default against me as CEL had filed duplicate proceedings against me. I did the AoS on the wrong D number not realising there were duplicate Claims issued.

I have asked in my Email to Amanda for a copy of the Certificate of Service provided by CEL in the proceedings against me which resulted in the Judgement in default. I'd like to know if the details provided were false.

As for the other claim (issued first in time) as I had filed online AoS on that Claim reference those proceedings are live and another Judgement in Default can be made at any time (according to the unhelpful court staff).

The implications for me are that I have to Appeal the Judgement in Default for the duplicate proceedings whilst also defend the other Claim (laid first in time). Despite making the court aware of the position they will not intervene and assist me resolved this - hence my post elsewhere on this forum.

I urge everyone who receives a Claim Form from CEL to keep checking the Claim reference on all documents to ensure the same situation hasn't happened to them. It's a nightmare to try and sort out!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

520Posts Today

3,894Users online

Martin's Twitter