Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Play
    • By Play 10th Nov 17, 1:34 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Play
    Amex gold - 20k MR point
    • 10th Nov 17, 1:34 PM
    Amex gold - 20k MR point 10th Nov 17 at 1:34 PM
    Hi,

Looking for some advice re 20k MR points, I can save all the hassle and just get the £100 Amazon/MS gift card

I have been looking for the avois/BA flight and nothing I really catch my eye, espeically from Manchester there's no direct flight, having pay £35 tax it's not much of a bargain flight compare to budget airline ie to Paris, Madrid, Amsterdam. I have noticed the tax is much cheaper in USA but then I would have to plan my trip to USA first and hope it can fit in with the free flight.

Can anyone advice if I have miss anything and if there is a clever way doing it.

Thanks
Page 1
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 10th Nov 17, 2:45 PM
    • 7,161 Posts
    • 8,811 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 10th Nov 17, 2:45 PM
    • 10th Nov 17, 2:45 PM
    Head to the BAEC section of Flyertalk and read Headforpoints daily.

With Avios you're getter accruing more points playing the long game and flying long haul in business class, potentially on another One World plane other than BA. As you've seen, internal flights elsewhere can provide good value.

BA do have a handful of flights out of Manchester that don't just go to LHR. Remember that £35 includes decent cancellation rights and hold luggage.
    • theburningcat
    • By theburningcat 10th Nov 17, 3:17 PM
    • 186 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    theburningcat
    • 10th Nov 17, 3:17 PM
    • 10th Nov 17, 3:17 PM
    It depends how clever you want to be (and by clever, I mean how much spare time you have). A quick win is to get a Ryannair flight to Dublin (there's another 2000 MR points with Ryannair right now) and fly from there further afield with Virgin or BA. There is much less tax on tickets from Dublin. You will need to leave the airport for a few hours in Dublin to be able to show that they are reasonably two separate trips, not one journey with 2 separate bookings.

If that's too much hassle (I don't blame you!), the Hilton redemptions are much easier and can work out just as good.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,804Posts Today

6,675Users online

Martin's Twitter