Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Amy13
    • By Amy13 10th Nov 17, 6:42 AM
    • 33Posts
    • 11Thanks
    Amy13
    DRO Submitted - Not heard anything
    • 10th Nov 17, 6:42 AM
    DRO Submitted - Not heard anything 10th Nov 17 at 6:42 AM
    My DRO was submitted by Step Change to the Insolvency Service on Tuesday afternoon and I haven't heard anything yet and not on the register.

I've read on hear that they are done within 48 hours and you are on the register the next day?

I'm getting so worried now, thought I would be on the register today.
Page 1
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 10th Nov 17, 7:35 AM
    • 11,539 Posts
    • 8,674 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 10th Nov 17, 7:35 AM
    • 10th Nov 17, 7:35 AM
    Today's Friday. Don't panic.

I am chasing one up today that I submitted last Friday, so 2 working days earlier than you.

Most go through in 48 hours, not all.
    • Amy13
    • By Amy13 10th Nov 17, 2:18 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Amy13
    • 10th Nov 17, 2:18 PM
    • 10th Nov 17, 2:18 PM
    Does the register get updated at the weekend?
  • National Debtline
    • 10th Nov 17, 3:49 PM
    • 10th Nov 17, 3:49 PM
    Hi Amy

Does the register get updated at the weekend?
    Originally posted by Amy13

Not so far as I know, as it is a manual process and Insolvency Service rank and file staff do not work at weekends.

I'm sure your DRO will appear on there soon enough.

Dennis
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 10th Nov 17, 6:46 PM
    • 11,539 Posts
    • 8,674 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 10th Nov 17, 6:46 PM
    • 10th Nov 17, 6:46 PM
    Today's Friday. Don't panic.

I am chasing one up today that I submitted last Friday, so 2 working days earlier than you.

Most go through in 48 hours, not all.
    Originally posted by fatbelly
    That one came through late afternoon today. A recent address change had meant that the credit search had to be done manually, apparently
    • Amy13
    • By Amy13 10th Nov 17, 9:08 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Amy13
    • 10th Nov 17, 9:08 PM
    • 10th Nov 17, 9:08 PM
    My Debt Relief Order had been accepted!

I've been checking the register every few hours these past few days... even in the middle of the night.

I finished work at 6pm and checked and it wasn't on there. Checked at 9pm and there it is.

I am in a state of shock but happy.

I would like to thank each and everyone of you for all your help.
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 10th Nov 17, 9:34 PM
    • 11,539 Posts
    • 8,674 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 10th Nov 17, 9:34 PM
    • 10th Nov 17, 9:34 PM
    My Debt Relief Order had been accepted!

I've been checking the register every few hours these past few days... even in the middle of the night.

I finished work at 6pm and checked and it wasn't on there. Checked at 9pm and there it is.

I am in a state of shock but happy.

I would like to thank each and everyone of you for all your help.
    Well done, Amy. Your 'Debtors Notice' should be in the post. Keep it safe.
    • Amy13
    • By Amy13 11th Nov 17, 8:00 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Amy13
    • 11th Nov 17, 8:00 AM
    • 11th Nov 17, 8:00 AM
    Well done, Amy. Your 'Debtors Notice' should be in the post. Keep it safe.
    Originally posted by fatbelly
    Hope it comes today. Would it worth sending a copy to my creditors or should I just let the Insolvency Service do their work?

Also, I'm getting calls on my mobile several times a day from Vanquis, should I ignore or answer when they call and inform them of DRO?
    • Amy13
    • By Amy13 11th Nov 17, 9:11 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Amy13
    • 11th Nov 17, 9:11 AM
    • 11th Nov 17, 9:11 AM
    Also, to clarify, should I print out a copy of the register now and again when the moratorium ends?
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 11th Nov 17, 12:44 PM
    • 12,471 Posts
    • 11,863 Thanks
    sourcrates
    Hope it comes today. Would it worth sending a copy to my creditors or should I just let the Insolvency Service do their work?

Also, I'm getting calls on my mobile several times a day from Vanquis, should I ignore or answer when they call and inform them of DRO?
    Your creditors will all be informed of your DRO, sometimes it can take a while to filter down through the ranks, all you need to do is keep the DRO paperwork, you can also print off your details from the IR to, creditors know it will last 12 months.

The calls etc should stop in time, on occasion a debt can be sold on whilst your in the DRO, the new owner would not be aware of it, so you would have to inform them, and provide proof.

Other than that, its just a case of waiting out the 12 months, assuming everything stays the same, after 12 months, the DRO will be marked as satisfied, but will remain on your credit file for 6 years, but that's not the end of the world is it.

Well done.
    Last edited by sourcrates; 11-11-2017 at 12:46 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • Amy13
    • By Amy13 11th Nov 17, 12:52 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Amy13
    Thanks, decided not to contact creditors and block calls.

Received my paperwork today, so final now.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 11th Nov 17, 1:00 PM
    • 12,471 Posts
    • 11,863 Thanks
    sourcrates
    Thanks, decided not to contact creditors and block calls.

Received my paperwork today, so final now.
    Good, now you can............relax......!!
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • Jr14
    • By Jr14 11th Nov 17, 2:07 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Jr14
    Yay what a relief for you!
    My barcode arrived today yippee x
    • Amy13
    • By Amy13 11th Nov 17, 3:51 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Amy13
    Yay what a relief for you!
    My barcode arrived today yippee x
    Originally posted by Jr14
    Excellent, hope yours goes through quickly.
    • Jr14
    • By Jr14 13th Nov 17, 8:53 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Jr14
    Thanks! Paid all my money and submitted balances! Do they let me know when it’s submitted?
    • Amy13
    • By Amy13 13th Nov 17, 9:09 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Amy13
    I phoned them to let them know I'd paid the barcode and the updated the balances. The lady I spoke to went through the application with me on the phone to make sure I was happy with the final draft and then she submitted it for me.
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 13th Nov 17, 9:11 PM
    • 11,539 Posts
    • 8,674 Thanks
    fatbelly
    I phoned them to let them know I'd paid the barcode and the updated the balances. The lady I spoke to went through the application with me on the phone to make sure I was happy with the final draft and then she submitted it for me.
    That's what I do at CAB. Then I try to phone the client as soon as I get the confirmation email.
    • Jr14
    • By Jr14 13th Nov 17, 10:09 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Jr14
    Ah okay thank you both I’ll call them tomorrow
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

330Posts Today

4,149Users online

Martin's Twitter