Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ellie777
    • By Ellie777 9th Nov 17, 10:20 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ellie777
    Sainsbury loan
    • 9th Nov 17, 10:20 AM
    Sainsbury loan 9th Nov 17 at 10:20 AM
    Hey everyone

Applied for a sainsburys loan last Friday afternoon. Was approved at a rate of 5.7% and the paperwork arrived with me on Saturday! Signed and sent back to them straight away and they received my completed form yesterday and transferred the funds around 3pm yesterday

They advised me it is usually 3 days for the bank transfer to appear in my account but has anyone ever received funds from them in under 48 hours?
    Just want to hear thoughts on how quickly other people seen the money come into their accounts
    Thanks!
Page 1
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 9th Nov 17, 11:55 AM
    • 1,371 Posts
    • 1,167 Thanks
    StopIt
    • 9th Nov 17, 11:55 AM
    • 9th Nov 17, 11:55 AM
    They always advice the worst case scenario, as if they tell you it'll take 3 days and it takes less, happy days.

if they said it'll be 24-48 hours and it takes longer, it'll make people unhappy.

Most use Faster Payments to send the money and nowadays, once they hit the transfer button, you get it that instant. If not, BACS is 3 day clearance.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt Free Wannabe, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
    • Ellie777
    • By Ellie777 9th Nov 17, 12:01 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ellie777
    • 9th Nov 17, 12:01 PM
    • 9th Nov 17, 12:01 PM
    Thanks for the reply!

Was secretly hoping it would be in my account today or tomorrow so that I could get my new car for the weekend

Currently using my sisters car as sold mine last week for the deposit.
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 9th Nov 17, 12:03 PM
    • 1,371 Posts
    • 1,167 Thanks
    StopIt
    • 9th Nov 17, 12:03 PM
    Thanks for the reply!

Was secretly hoping it would be in my account today or tomorrow so that I could get my new car for the weekend

Currently using my sisters car as sold mine last week for the deposit.
    Originally posted by Ellie777

Patience is a virtue!

The car will still be there for you after all.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt Free Wannabe, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
    • bengalknights
    • By bengalknights 9th Nov 17, 12:03 PM
    • 4,158 Posts
    • 1,518 Thanks
    bengalknights
    They usually send as faster payments so should be there within 48 hours.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

320Posts Today

1,738Users online

Martin's Twitter