Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Megan F
    • By MSE Megan F 7th Nov 17, 4:05 PM
    • 176Posts
    • 67Thanks
    MSE Megan F
    MSE News: Ebico offers 'free' electricity at night for Economy 7
    • 7th Nov 17, 4:05 PM
    MSE News: Ebico offers 'free' electricity at night for Economy 7 7th Nov 17 at 4:05 PM
    Not-for-profit energy provider Ebico has launched a tariff that offers Economy 7 users 'free' electricity at night - but don't assume the word 'free' means this will be the cheapest tariff for you...
    Read the full story:
    'Ebico offers 'free' electricity at night for Economy 7 - but is it really a good offer?'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Page 3
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 16th Nov 17, 6:06 PM
    • 3,868 Posts
    • 1,536 Thanks
    footyguy
    Why are you switching from Scottish Power to SSE?

Scottish power are cheaper for both rates and a cheaper daily standing charge.
    Originally posted by ProDave
    I suspect the SP tariff quoted is coming to an end.

I don't think you will find any supplier today offering electricity at 4.733p / kWh
    (save for this odd Ebico tariff where it is FREE )
    • Dave01
    • By Dave01 16th Nov 17, 11:12 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    Dave01
    Why are you switching from Scottish Power to SSE?

Scottish power are cheaper for both rates and a cheaper daily standing charge.
    Originally posted by ProDave
    The Scottish Power tariff was a one year fix, so I'm now switching before it ends and I'm moved on to the standard variable tariff.
    • Richie-from-the-Boro
    • By Richie-from-the-Boro 4th Dec 17, 9:46 PM
    • 6,341 Posts
    • 4,762 Thanks
    Richie-from-the-Boro
    I suspect the SP tariff quoted is coming to an end.

I don't think you will find any supplier today offering electricity at 4.733p / kWh
    (save for this odd Ebico tariff where it is FREE )
    Originally posted by footyguy
    I'm with SP and a very cheap and satisfied 5 years [2 and a 3 year deal], many of their cheap night store tariffs are ending and they all have one heck of a leap in costs.

That Night Owl Tariff is looking good. I ran last 12 month extravagant 20+℃ day / night cycle at - Whole Year Cost Check on 16th August 2017 :

- Day 2,455 kWh ∴ 41.87% Day
    - Night 5,864 kWh ∴ 58.13% Night
    - Total-pa 8,319 kWh

So the Ebico Night Owl Tariff is a good contender for an every 12 month recommittal term.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
    • Richie-from-the-Boro
    • By Richie-from-the-Boro 4th Dec 17, 11:53 PM
    • 6,341 Posts
    • 4,762 Thanks
    Richie-from-the-Boro
    An afterthought..... care swapping to Ebico if you are WHD recipient, that £190.48 ex VAT is a heck of a loss.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

120Posts Today

3,045Users online

Martin's Twitter