Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bexie124
    • By Bexie124 6th Nov 17, 9:59 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Bexie124
    Landlady chasing rent arrears 2 years after dro
    • 6th Nov 17, 9:59 PM
    Landlady chasing rent arrears 2 years after dro 6th Nov 17 at 9:59 PM
    I owed my Landlady rent of one month due to losing a job, delays in benefit payment and then struggling to pay debts. She knew I was taking a dro and agreed that the arrears can be included. This was 2014 and the rent has been paid on time since 2013.

Out of the blue she sent a text last month demanding the arrears to be paid on 1st November and a rent increase of £100 per month. I didnít agree to either. She has now sent a letter by email today, demanding immediate payment of the outstanding arrears by 1 nov and increased it by £100.

I understand she can start proceedings to evict which Iím fine with but can she now demand rent arrears to be repaid that were included in a dro?
Page 1
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 8th Nov 17, 8:22 PM
    • 11,517 Posts
    • 8,651 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 8th Nov 17, 8:22 PM
    • 8th Nov 17, 8:22 PM
    While you remain in the property, yes.

If you were to leave either voluntarily or by eviction, then no.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,369Posts Today

6,498Users online

Martin's Twitter