Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,755Posts
    • 36,384Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 989
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 9th Feb 18, 3:09 PM
    • 9,901 Posts
    • 114,523 Thanks
    emerald21
    [QUOTE=emerald21;73855902]I said what I did further up. I answer people when they ask questions. Anyway you dont have to answer me.[/QUOTe

Yes and maybe they aren t .
    • go2
    • By go2 9th Feb 18, 3:09 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 396 Thanks
    go2
    I got that message to change my password as well.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 9th Feb 18, 3:12 PM
    • 9,901 Posts
    • 114,523 Thanks
    emerald21
    In cash? Where have you used your 10 ones?
    Originally posted by mhoc
    No I meant kept the rest on the voucher to use next time .
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 9th Feb 18, 3:14 PM
    • 2,086 Posts
    • 24,827 Thanks
    curl girl
    Go back and ask to speak to the Bank Manager, they'll say no at first, but insist and they'll give you an appointment with someone higher up than Counter Staff. Spin them a tale about a friend or family member who failed to bring something similar to the banks attention and ended up xyz fraud happening (basically whatever it suites you to say and sounds plausible) tell them that your OH has been worried sick and stressed out since this mail has
    been coming. You told your OH that you had been to the bank but he thinks you're making excuses not to go and fobbing him off because you're not taking him seriously. Could he print out a written confirmation that you have seen him, and what it was about, and what if any action he intends to take about it. Just be apologetic about wasting his valuable time, and you appreciate that he can't do anything about it (of course he can but we want to guilt trip him into doing his job!) but you need it to prove to your OH that you are taking his concerns seriously.

See what happens, at least if anything happens you'll have proof that you tried to do something about it.
    Originally posted by go2
    Thanks.
    It's the third letter I've had this year.
    It does worry me about identity theft as mums been through it before.
    SA was very unhelpful, refused to give me my paper work back. I felt like she was protecting the other person rather than helping me with my personal concerns.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 9th Feb 18, 3:22 PM
    • 3,980 Posts
    • 75,553 Thanks
    Chrisv
    . .
    hi everyone

as eagle-eyed regular forum members have noticed already, we're asking you all to update your passwords. You should be doing this regularly for your own peace of mind.

Some hadn't been updated for some time and we want to make sure you change them regularly.

Thanks for your patience. Have a great weekend.

Andrea
    Originally posted by mse andrea
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 9th Feb 18, 3:26 PM
    • 1,566 Posts
    • 26,809 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    Free cocktails X 2 COS

Password change message here to
    • michaels
    • By michaels 9th Feb 18, 3:32 PM
    • 20,401 Posts
    • 94,093 Thanks
    michaels
    Free cocktails X 2 COS

Originally posted by LANGO1966
    Oooh - I have a free Mountain Dew as well at Mr T and Coop
    Cool heads and compromise
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 9th Feb 18, 3:38 PM
    • 6,988 Posts
    • 57,820 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Hmm - never seen this before - I don't like change

Originally posted by Chrisv
    I got this too, but mine was over 4k. I clicked it and changed my password, thought it was an mse thing as Ive had same password since I joined in 2005.
    And it was within mse so thought it ok to do..
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 9th Feb 18, 3:45 PM
    • 3,354 Posts
    • 34,194 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    I got that but my password was younger than yours (1837 days)
    Originally posted by Westvleteren
    Mine was 4177!

Logged back in now thankfully
    Weight lost so far 2 stone 7.5lb
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Feb 18, 3:45 PM
    • 16,511 Posts
    • 203,705 Thanks
    mhoc
    I've had this password changing message as well - I expect you know that as the air above Cheshire had a blue sweary fugg.

Receipt hog at least once a fortnight want me to log in again so I have to send for temp passwords and the same again for Shoppix - it is beyond vexing
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Feb 18, 3:47 PM
    • 16,511 Posts
    • 203,705 Thanks
    mhoc
    Oooh - I have a free Mountain Dew as well at Mr T and Coop
    Originally posted by michaels
    Mine appeared last night and needless to say my C0-0p didn't stock it
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • pk04
    • By pk04 9th Feb 18, 3:47 PM
    • 2,864 Posts
    • 46,429 Thanks
    pk04
    I had the password change thing too but it let me 'change' it to the exact same password
    There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne ... Bette Davis
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Feb 18, 3:49 PM
    • 16,511 Posts
    • 203,705 Thanks
    mhoc
    Free cocktails X 2 COS

Originally posted by LANGO1966
    But at least I can get the mountain dew alongside the happy Downs - have to go to a bigger Mr T as my smaller one didn't have them last time I was in.
    Oddly I was thinking about Mountain Dew a few days ago as I was putting the receipts from January 2016 into the recycling basket and I was looking through to see if I could see what was on cashback - Mountain Dew was one of them
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Feb 18, 4:01 PM
    • 16,511 Posts
    • 203,705 Thanks
    mhoc
    For the 30k nectar if you converted it to cash at 1pt per 1p during a double up you get about 320 for 34 in fees which seems worth it. Obviously I can't offer a referral on here but you can get extra points with one or wait till October when they tend to run the bonus points promotion giving 30k for a sign up rather than 20k.

Sadly going back to the OH discussion, despite thinking we should never normally spend 2k in 3 months (given what I earn) OH seems to see it as a personal challenge to spend it in 2 months

Originally posted by michaels
    I am also on the spend 2k in 3 months challenge - wish I'd done it before Christmas as it would have been easily sorted.

MY OH does not know this is why I have the new Amex card otherwise he would be very keen to join in spending 2k in 3 months.

It was very easy to get the card but I hadn't quite worked it out beforehand, the logistics of it.
    My normal everyday household spending will just about come to 1k over 3 months. The other 1K is going to be problematical.
    I tried to pay the coal bill the other day and they reared up in fright at the thought of a Amex payment. I did managed to pay for some hotel rooms with it - Premier inn take it now with no surcharge. There will be some extra petrol as well beyond normal usage if we have more weekends away.
    The next final balance for holidays I don't think is due until late March so that's too late unless I ring them and see if they will take some off the final balance (this was a company that surcharged so I don't know if they still do)
    Beyond that I am stuck. I had a look at United Utilities but they give a discount for direct debit.
    Pondering If I could overpay Scottish Power - I think I have used a credit card before to put the account back into credit.
    And then there is the council tax but I on principal I don't want to pay that in advance ...
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Feb 18, 4:08 PM
    • 16,511 Posts
    • 203,705 Thanks
    mhoc
    Just had a text from Blood donation service re my donation of January 25th and my blood has gone to Royal Preston Hospital - so it hasn't gone far, just up the M6.

Last time it went to Aintree.

I know this is pathetic but its reducing me to tears, the thought that some unknown stranger is so unwell or injured that they are in hospital having a blood donation ....
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 9th Feb 18, 4:23 PM
    • 6,465 Posts
    • 88,391 Thanks
    Sarahdol75

I had this then it wouldnt let me in with new password, then changed it to my usual one and it let me back in.

Anyone on Tesco mobile, and having problems with signal, we have not had signal for 2 days now, not receiving messages but can send them. Whatsapp not letting you voicecall either.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

Total on week 5 332 miles
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 9th Feb 18, 4:30 PM
    • 1,264 Posts
    • 16,767 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    I've had this password changing message as well - I expect you know that as the air above Cheshire had a blue sweary fugg.

Receipt hog at least once a fortnight want me to log in again so I have to send for temp passwords and the same again for Shoppix - it is beyond vexing

AAh that explains why the whole of Cheddar Pines shoppers were staring up at the sky with looks of bewilderment. Thought it was pollution from ESSAR nearby.
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • michaels
    • By michaels 9th Feb 18, 4:33 PM
    • 20,401 Posts
    • 94,093 Thanks
    michaels
    Does anyone know if you have argos credit on a gift card you can use it to buy the prepaid visa/mastercard to extract the balance (or be it at a cost of 8%) or can it be sold safely on Zeek for more (300)?

I am also on the spend 2k in 3 months challenge - wish I'd done it before Christmas as it would have been easily sorted.

MY OH does not know this is why I have the new Amex card otherwise he would be very keen to join in spending 2k in 3 months.

It was very easy to get the card but I hadn't quite worked it out beforehand, the logistics of it.
    My normal everyday household spending will just about come to 1k over 3 months. The other 1K is going to be problematical.
    I tried to pay the coal bill the other day and they reared up in fright at the thought of a Amex payment. I did managed to pay for some hotel rooms with it - Premier inn take it now with no surcharge. There will be some extra petrol as well beyond normal usage if we have more weekends away.
    The next final balance for holidays I don't think is due until late March so that's too late unless I ring them and see if they will take some off the final balance (this was a company that surcharged so I don't know if they still do)
    Beyond that I am stuck. I had a look at United Utilities but they give a discount for direct debit.
    Pondering If I could overpay Scottish Power - I think I have used a credit card before to put the account back into credit.
    And then there is the council tax but I on principal I don't want to pay that in advance ...
    You can buy gift cards in store in most supermarkets so effectively paying in advance for shopping you haven't yet done either for the supermarket or for next, argos, amazon etc. Aldi starting to take it helps for us as that is where we actually buy most of our food.

Whilst I have managed to pay some utility type bills with a visa or mastercard I heven't found many places online that take Amex.
    Cool heads and compromise
    • P2TKL
    • By P2TKL 9th Feb 18, 4:35 PM
    • 1,548 Posts
    • 10,048 Thanks
    P2TKL
    Change of password for me too....I couldn't remember the original one in order to change it. All sorted now !
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 9th Feb 18, 4:37 PM
    • 3,727 Posts
    • 52,242 Thanks
    mrsmac10

I got this too but only 1600 days Its very strange

Edit now read more and see its all of us
    Last edited by mrsmac10; 09-02-2018 at 4:41 PM.
    Retiree in training
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,045Posts Today

9,129Users online

Martin's Twitter