Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,759Posts
    • 36,385Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 986
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Feb 18, 9:15 AM
    • 16,514 Posts
    • 203,718 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning luvlies, got a couple of PMs to catch up and still a bit behind on here but wanted to comment on this before I forget.

Gocat does your mum-in-law have paypal? As our DS and his gf live in Spain the easiest way for us to transfer their birthday, Christmas money etc to them is into their PayPal account. If you select friends/ family the charge is minimal. All the family gave me cash for them this Christmas and I transferred about 350 to them and was charged under 2. Smaller amounts like 50 there's no charge at all. We find it the safest and easiest way and ideal for paying for the baby bits, stroller etc. HTH
    Originally posted by hampydoodums
    Interesting. So is there a daily limit - could you transfer several sub 50 amounts in one day?
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 9th Feb 18, 9:18 AM
    • 4,174 Posts
    • 46,088 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Friday.
    • sarahskint
    • By sarahskint 9th Feb 18, 9:26 AM
    • 863 Posts
    • 11,850 Thanks
    sarahskint
    managed to pop to boots this morning and grabbed a couple of sleek sets and soap and glory ones for 5 each, DD2 will be my bestie until she gets one!!! Might try and drag that out lol Also I popped into superdrug there were a few new reductions but all gone, l'oreal mens deo 66p every flavour and some tea tree washes to 35p/87p these are also bogohp and a free mask wyb 3 skincare items, I picked a couple of other bits up but changed my mind as for what they were were too expensive for us lol but didn't take the mask out, however the mask still scanned through as free, so got 3 of the above and 2 masks for 1.40
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Feb 18, 9:27 AM
    • 16,514 Posts
    • 203,718 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning all - we have had a bit of a snow flurry but it soon stopped ....

We still seem to have quite a few people missing in action that have not popped their heads over the parapet in ages, seriously starting to worry about them now ...
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 9th Feb 18, 9:29 AM
    • 15,482 Posts
    • 189,842 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    OHs have no self control, mine has left me exasperated this week.
    And then last night he has the cheek to say "she wont spend the money" - this is after a week when he has fully restocked himself on junk food and put 50 of petrol in the car yesterday
    I also paid a vets bill (which I am regretting doing now, the vets visit as it sparked off last nights outburst)
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I do think that they get used to us glitching and think everything is free, and expect a lifestyle beyond what is really achievable - even with the glitching.

Has anyone got the No7 vouchers from Boots... any suggestions on what they work on..... clearly I would like free or extremely cheap.... my niece tends to get a few little bits and pieces throughout the year. As she is 17 now she is a little more discerning on what she will use.... why do they have to grown up!
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 9th Feb 18, 9:32 AM
    • 15,482 Posts
    • 189,842 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Morning all - we have had a bit of a snow flurry but it soon stopped ....

We still seem to have quite a few people missing in action that have not popped their heads over the parapet in ages, seriously starting to worry about them now ...
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I have not managed to keep up for the last few weeks.... and need to get on with work so will not be around much for the next few weeks. Official request for a period of MIA. But please shout at me if there is a glitch x
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 9th Feb 18, 10:16 AM
    • 3,729 Posts
    • 52,258 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

I manage a quick Boots shop but missed the candles Went round the wrong way Never mind

Got a big set of various small toiletries marked 30 16 items so will make 4 nice small parcels then 6 boxes of some keep fit type person's logo of toiletries for 1.25 each

Should have got the Zoella advent calendar for GD but was unsure How silly is that

More paperwork to be attended to Oh I wish I had a car Maybe later today

Enjoy whatever you do
    Retiree in training
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 9th Feb 18, 10:52 AM
    • 6,988 Posts
    • 57,820 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Nope, so no idea how you generate a declined transaction at will....

I was thinking of looking into one before to get through credit card/current account conditional spend offers, for example only this morning BA tried to persuade me to get an avios amex 30k miles for 3k spend in 3 months and then a free companion ticket for 10k spend in a year so if I could just pay myself using a card for say 1% it might work out worth it.

Not getting ahead though, I think we need to figure a good way of using the M&S droid vouchers as DW failed again this morning, we think because it was a sale item with more than 30% off but then how does one do 30+ good value transactions at M&S for 3/5 quid each?
    Originally posted by michaels
    Did you ever try this? it had crossed my mind for the 2k Nectar offer, but the 1.7% would be a lot of money (to me).
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • abailey54
    • By abailey54 9th Feb 18, 11:20 AM
    • 1,557 Posts
    • 19,695 Thanks
    abailey54
    Morning Elite

Hope all is well

I had 8 off 40 in my W mailing, 1 off bread and something off unscented candles (can't remember exact amount). Haven't tried a hypothetical shop yet but appreciate other people's workings
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 9th Feb 18, 11:31 AM
    • 14,529 Posts
    • 251,921 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning

It seems it snowed during the night & then rained so I missed it

Fourp left early with That Sister to cadge a lift to South Wales - she has a check up appt. She has no voice at all now I forget & ring her asking questions

Home alone for the weekend
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions !!!9829;

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 9th Feb 18, 11:31 AM
    • 5,014 Posts
    • 60,827 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Collected my Lego, all very nice at the price paid, but there's no way I would have paid full price for one of those mini-figures.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    E.ON Billing
    [QUOTE=HILLBERN;73851179]

Thank you - son at work at present, but ill keep you updated
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Malc

Thanks HILLBERN. After today, I'm out of the office until Tuesday so don't worry if I don't reply straightaway. I'll pick it up when I'm back.

Have a good weekend.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 9th Feb 18, 11:43 AM
    • 14,529 Posts
    • 251,921 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Quiz
    midwinter was yesterday's smartest player!

24 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Friday): *** FunTrivia Mixed Bag

Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions !!!9829;

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 9th Feb 18, 11:49 AM
    • 5,014 Posts
    • 60,827 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    DD was telling her OH about all the lovely nail colours she could buy, and she was having difficulty choosing.

So he blithely told her just to buy one of each, his treat.

She has turned down his kind offer as there are over 100 colours at 15 a time
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Feb 18, 11:51 AM
    • 16,514 Posts
    • 203,718 Thanks
    mhoc
    I do think that they get used to us glitching and think everything is free, and expect a lifestyle beyond what is really achievable - even with the glitching.

!
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Yes I think you are right there, they blithley assume that because there is a stockpile of porridge or beer or mullers or whatever the last glitch was, that the stockpile will always be there and always be topped up. That means they can then spend what they like on whatever they like.
    They are oblivious to the hard work it entails
    And there are fewer glitches around now, things often only last a day or a few hours before it gets stopped.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Feb 18, 11:52 AM
    • 16,514 Posts
    • 203,718 Thanks
    mhoc
    DD was telling her OH about all the lovely nail colours she could buy, and she was having difficulty choosing.

So he blithely told her just to buy one of each, his treat.

She has turned down his kind offer as there are over 100 colours at 15 a time
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    OMG - OHs oblivious of the real cost of things ...
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    E.ON Rep - Malc
    [QUOTE=tweets;73852284]

How did you guess I needed a thank you

Don't know if you know but Poppy shares her mc'cvities rich tea biscuits if anyone offers me a
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    Morning (just) tweets and hope you enjoyed the . Why not have another now. I'm sure you deserve it.

Poppy's very generous with her biscuits. We used to have a biscuit tin in the office but it seems to have disappeared. Probably something to do with the current dieting fad. Maybe Poppy will share her biscuits with us.

Have a great weekend.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Feb 18, 12:01 PM
    • 16,514 Posts
    • 203,718 Thanks
    mhoc
    Well Waitrose havent sent me any MOCs or conditional spends - checked last night and my email, address details and contact preferences are all set correctly.
    NO mailing from Mr T
    Superdrug never sent me an email with a freebie
    Has Morrisons stopped giving out the birthday till spits - OH got a bar of chocolate last year?

THis afternoons outing is to take the recyling up to Sainsbobs even though there is a hooly blowing and then to see if I can find some cadhback items - unlikley. But I need to get some points added on so at least thats something.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 9th Feb 18, 12:12 PM
    • 2,086 Posts
    • 24,830 Thanks
    curl girl
    Vacuum food sealer 24.99 Aldi from Thursday 15th Feb.

Refill rolls 9.99 for 5 different size rolls

Can't remember who wanted one??

Hth.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • locarr
    • By locarr 9th Feb 18, 12:13 PM
    • 7,897 Posts
    • 140,191 Thanks
    locarr
    Afternoon ALL!

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. Kurt Cobain

bilge copyright all rights reserved
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

171Posts Today

1,624Users online

Martin's Twitter