Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,746Posts
    • 36,306Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; Yesterday at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 981
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    E.ON Rep
    [QUOTE=MKS;73849050]

Malc will sort it out.
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    Posted some info above MKS. Hope it helps HILLBERN's DS.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 8th Feb 18, 2:33 PM
    • 2,504 Posts
    • 38,364 Thanks
    wendyak
    Gocat, surely there must be a free way to transfer cash to mil?
    Originally posted by curl girl
    There is...just set up a transfer account with one of the big currency dealers I use XE.com
    They need your bank details and MIL bank details and usually the senders passport or something similar. Once its set all details are in their memory and if you want to do a quick transfer you just press buy at the rate you both agree, it instantly gives a reference and you either pay with debit card or go online and make a one off payment with the reference number provided. It goes same day and often arrives same day too, no fees and a good rate !
    E.ON Tariffs
    Thanks Malc.
    I will have a look tonight.
    You're welcome curl girl. Happy to help.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 8th Feb 18, 2:49 PM
    • 3,721 Posts
    • 52,148 Thanks
    mrsmac10

Now 1 for 24 & I paid 1.63 last week

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Sadly none in my store Oh well there will be something else round the corner

Boots were oos for my perfume despite a phone call earlier. Ordered in store and got my reward points Happy days
    Retiree in training
    • lj*
    • By lj* 8th Feb 18, 2:50 PM
    • 202 Posts
    • 2,080 Thanks
    lj*
    Well I've just got my waities 4 off 40 and ice cream cones and cat litter....what does that say about me!
    E.ON Tariffs
    Good reminder. I need to do that as well as I think we are coming to the end of our fixed period.
    The trouble is we are told for the best comparison we have to use the actual usage figures - we are all electric and still on economy 7 - about 60% at night and 40% day. When I do this the top 6 figures are all for companies I don't recognize. In an age where long established big companies cease trading its worrying.
    We used to be with Eon but now with Scottish power for some time. My only issue was when we switched over - we have a night time reading and a day time reading and they were swapped around and it took a few phone calls to convince someone and to get it swapped around - also worry if we switch we will have the same issue again.
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Hello mhoc and glad I jogged your mind. I agree with what you've been told. Using kWh is the most accurate way of using comparison sites. Provided your day and night usage is now being billed the right way round, you'll be able use these usage figures to check out what's currently available.

Malc
    E.ON Rep - Malc
    [QUOTE=tweets;73846301]

Good Evening Malc

Nice to see you also

Sorry you broke your wrist/arm you will have to be more careful.

Thought I hadn't seen you around the energy boards
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    Hiya tweets. Hope all's good with you and thanks for the kind wishes. You're right, definitely need to start taking things a bit easier.

Malc
    • pippo
    • By pippo 8th Feb 18, 3:10 PM
    • 3,000 Posts
    • 32,076 Thanks
    pippo
    I agree, I stopped going to A for the same reasons.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Perhaps I live in a different 'micro climate' my local sada are nowt but nice, they think it is great if I go in with a big apg and tell others, in a nice way.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 8th Feb 18, 3:13 PM
    • 3,000 Posts
    • 32,076 Thanks
    pippo
    I got 4 x 6 off 30, 1 x 2.50 off mined beef and 1 x 2.50 off of pre-packed beef. (I am assuming that this includes diced raising steak) both of these are on my picks.
    Originally posted by MKS
    I got 4 x 8 off 40 plus 2 off olives and 1.50 off Pork Pies!
    Looks like they are raising the stakes as mining beef is very costly...
    • pippo
    • By pippo 8th Feb 18, 3:28 PM
    • 3,000 Posts
    • 32,076 Thanks
    pippo
    Airbnb do cover liability to some extent but many insurers will deny you any cover at all if you have airbnb guests. We also take ERASMUS language school students for whom there is no liability insurance so definitely need it. All earnings are under rent a room and are thus disregarded for tax and benefits purposes which makes them extremely valuable to us.
    Originally posted by michaels
    Michaels, I'm fascinated, didn't realise that you could do Airbnb under the rent a room scheme, not that I have a spare one to let, it's full of stash and carp!
    Have used airbnb and have friends whose children have been ERASMUS students, but never thought this through.

My grumpy old OH has been a self employed handyman for quite a few years and has always paid for public liability insurance. In about 6 months time he is going to 'retire' and will not continue with this, but he has many old faithful customers who rely on him. My thinking is he must make it clear to them that he is doing a job as a friend and is anything goes wrong it is up to them to claim. Does that make sense?
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 8th Feb 18, 3:38 PM
    • 9,899 Posts
    • 114,506 Thanks
    emerald21
    sweeties was yesterday's smartest player!

26 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Thursday): World : UK

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Yes green shield stamps off to Liverpool for the day .... years ago lol
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 8th Feb 18, 3:48 PM
    • 9,899 Posts
    • 114,506 Thanks
    emerald21
    My W coupons are four 8 off 40.
    Personalised are 3 off laundry liquid and 1 off cognac.

Obviously I'm a very clean alcoholic.

Afternoon peeps.
    Mine are 4 of 8 off a 40 spends 1 off whisky and 1 off danishes and doughnuts
    • tiha
    • By tiha 8th Feb 18, 3:48 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 194 Thanks
    tiha
    Remember those virgin train trips for nectar points? Anybody got them?
    • pippo
    • By pippo 8th Feb 18, 3:50 PM
    • 3,000 Posts
    • 32,076 Thanks
    pippo
    There was an old codger called Dave
    And he was incredibly brave
    He picked up the paper
    to look at it later
    'cos if it compared he could save!
    Last edited by pippo; 08-02-2018 at 3:58 PM.
    • underperky
    • By underperky 8th Feb 18, 3:58 PM
    • 4,981 Posts
    • 63,606 Thanks
    underperky
    Been awol for a bit went away for some sun ....it does make you feel better .................
    Any suggestions for cheap flights to Halifax Canada please
    • MKS
    • By MKS 8th Feb 18, 3:58 PM
    • 9,656 Posts
    • 149,751 Thanks
    MKS
    I got 4 x 8 off 40 plus 2 off olives and 1.50 off Pork Pies!
    Looks like they are raising the stakes as mining beef is very costly...
    Originally posted by pippo
    Blonde moment
    • cjj
    • By cjj 8th Feb 18, 4:15 PM
    • 6,306 Posts
    • 84,294 Thanks
    cjj
    Just lost a post

Afternoon all hope everyone is well

LEJC hope your ok my lovely

Anyone know of any cheap SIM only deals please ? anon ? Tia xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 8th Feb 18, 4:28 PM
    • 3,000 Posts
    • 32,076 Thanks
    pippo
    one of my favourite limericks...

There once was a man from Bel-Air
    Who was doing his girl on the stair
    As the bannister broke
    He doubled his stroke
    And finished her off in mid air

*runs back to lurking*
    Originally posted by purpledonkey
    There once was a lass called PD
    She's a bit of a joker you see
    and cos she is quite neat
    she picked up a receipt
    and now has a big APG!!

PD, you b@gger, I can't think of anything but Elite limericks now!!
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 8th Feb 18, 4:31 PM
    • 6,977 Posts
    • 57,756 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Perhaps I live in a different 'micro climate' my local sada are nowt but nice, they think it is great if I go in with a big apg and tell others, in a nice way.
    Originally posted by pippo
    Do you live in Skipton- the happiest place in the UK? I dont know if theres an A there, but if there was I wonder if there would be no trouts haha.

Mine are all trouty with mocs, they accused me of fraud, so I dont want the stress of going in an A.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 8th Feb 18, 4:33 PM
    • 2,298 Posts
    • 27,321 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    [QUOTE=E.ON Company Representative: Malc;73850507]

Posted some info above MKS. Hope it helps HILLBERN's DS.

Malc
    Originally posted by MKS
    Thank you - son at work at present, but ill keep you updated
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,212Posts Today

7,909Users online

Martin's Twitter