Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,747Posts
    • 36,311Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; Yesterday at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 978
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 8th Feb 18, 6:55 AM
    • 5,009 Posts
    • 60,775 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

Jan 18 - grocery/household to 14/1 = 38.42

• elainemn
    • By elainemn 8th Feb 18, 7:07 AM
    • 2,962 Posts
    • 46,161 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th Feb 18, 7:39 AM
    • 50,007 Posts
    • 607,569 Thanks
    bubbs
    Morning all
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 12 1/2 lb week 46
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Feb 18, 7:43 AM
    • 33,145 Posts
    • 467,832 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Therell be no podger, todger, old codger or Roger the lodger today I guess
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 8th Feb 18, 8:00 AM
    • 5,009 Posts
    • 60,775 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    There!!!8217;ll be no podger, todger, old codger or Roger the lodger today I guess
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    A woman who lived in Cape Cod
    Thought that babies all came from God
    But it weren't the Almighty
    Who lifted her nightie,
    'Twas Roger the Lodger, the s*d.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

Jan 18 - grocery/household to 14/1 = 38.42

• gocat
    • By gocat 8th Feb 18, 8:02 AM
    • 4,868 Posts
    • 57,526 Thanks
    gocat
    Morning all

Not doing porridge today are we?

Was annoyed with OH yesterday. I got him 12 packets as its one of the few jealthy things he actually likes to eat. He;s a very picky eater and spends the day snacking on sweets.
    Anyway, he said, o why dont you go this evening (yesterday evening) and get some more. Im like, Ive got enough and its too cold. He says o think of all the money you will save over the year. This is the bit that gets me. He thinks nothing of sending money abroad to his mum (which I dont mind) but doesnt shop around for the cheapest way to do it and it cost about 40 in fees each time. But if I mention that its o all you go on about is saving money. Bit ironic isnt it

Rant over
    • tweets
    • By tweets 8th Feb 18, 8:09 AM
    • 28,530 Posts
    • 418,353 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 8th Feb 18, 8:11 AM
    • 4,452 Posts
    • 89,246 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Morning all

Not doing porridge today are we?

Was annoyed with OH yesterday. I got him 12 packets as its one of the few jealthy things he actually likes to eat. He;s a very picky eater and spends the day snacking on sweets.
    Anyway, he said, o why dont you go this evening (yesterday evening) and get some more. Im like, Ive got enough and its too cold. He says o think of all the money you will save over the year. This is the bit that gets me. He thinks nothing of sending money abroad to his mum (which I dont mind) but doesnt shop around for the cheapest way to do it and it cost about 40 in fees each time. But if I mention that its o all you go on about is saving money. Bit ironic isnt it

Rant over
    Originally posted by gocat

sorry gocat, doesn't look like it x

• mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 8th Feb 18, 8:15 AM
    • 3,638 Posts
    • 20,438 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Good morning beautiful people
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 8th Feb 18, 8:17 AM
    • 16,535 Posts
    • 280,253 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Morning all

My cashback finally went payable this morning so I can confirm that my house insurance has cost me the grand total of 11 this year
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • gocat
    • By gocat 8th Feb 18, 8:18 AM
    • 4,868 Posts
    • 57,526 Thanks
    gocat
    sorry gocat, doesn't look like it x

Originally posted by izzeyb
    Thought so. Was just making a bit of a pun really lol
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 8th Feb 18, 8:19 AM
    • 18,743 Posts
    • 203,276 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, lovely morning out there, cold and frosty and bright

Omg deep conversations tonight.
    Did God create other planets and if their is life on them did he create that life.
    Do Christians believe in Dinasours. How can they.
    Who created God.

I think my head hurts and it's time for bed
    Originally posted by rhosynbach
    Starting to get a lot of this from my dgs, problem is his parents give him an easy answer, we give him the proper answer, sometimes we diverge and his parents are forced to admit I am right. They are going to have to start giving him the right answer soon or he will only ask us the "deep" questions

For PC reasons, I cannot answer that
    Originally posted by purpledonkey
    You, worried about being PC
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • gocat
    • By gocat 8th Feb 18, 8:21 AM
    • 4,868 Posts
    • 57,526 Thanks
    gocat
    Good morning all

Originally posted by Serendipitious
    I bought some daffs like this in a pot from the garden centre early dec with the Amex deal that was going on at the time. They were about 2 a pot so got 5 for a tenner and got 5 back. They were in full bloom and thought would barely last till Christmas. They lasted till end of January Was really pleased. Will get some more like that if the amex deal happens again this year and the local garden centre is one of the places lol.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 8th Feb 18, 8:23 AM
    • 4,452 Posts
    • 89,246 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Thought so. Was just making a bit of a pun really lol
    Originally posted by gocat

Saves answering all the folks who come along during the day and don't/can't be bothered to read up gocat (not you by the way), someone can just requote the post

• shirley999
    • By shirley999 8th Feb 18, 8:30 AM
    • 1,801 Posts
    • 14,645 Thanks
    shirley999
    Is this a store where they watch you/pounce on you at SS or are the voucher BC and receipt TC still working at SS (obviously in another A, not the store at which staff pulled you away from the SS and stopped you putting the vouchers through)?
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    At this store, they worked before today on SS but I didn't get as far as pressing buttons before the SA saw I had an APG in my hand on this occasion and told me it wouldn't work on SS and took me off to CS.
    • underperky
    • By underperky 8th Feb 18, 8:56 AM
    • 4,981 Posts
    • 63,606 Thanks
    underperky
    Good morning
    • Anon
    • By Anon 8th Feb 18, 9:07 AM
    • 12,335 Posts
    • 140,658 Thanks
    Anon
    At this store, they worked before today on SS but I didn't get as far as pressing buttons before the SA saw I had an APG in my hand on this occasion and told me it wouldn't work on SS and took me off to CS.
    Originally posted by shirley999
    It may be that it would still technically work (with the typing in method) but they have decided to do a check or someone has been faced with people scanning and failing so assume it does not work.

I have chatted to till supervisors before and they are well aware that every system update on the tills seemed to make it worse and they still dont seem to have been able to resolve it. It should be so straightforward - scan voucher, scan receipt, done.

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 8th Feb 18, 9:09 AM
    • 12,335 Posts
    • 140,658 Thanks
    Anon
    Morning all

My cashback finally went payable this morning so I can confirm that my house insurance has cost me the grand total of 11 this year
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    Well done! That is significantly better than my 150 for buildings and contents .

Anon
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 8th Feb 18, 9:12 AM
    • 3,638 Posts
    • 20,438 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Morning all

Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    Well done dizzy! Which insurance company did you go through??
    • ma-ri-ella
    • By ma-ri-ella 8th Feb 18, 9:13 AM
    • 910 Posts
    • 8,727 Thanks
    ma-ri-ella
    its store specific, either the manager has a bee in his bonnet, or some customers are abusing.
    Originally posted by pepper77
    ok so its was the porridge glitch but considering my apg total for year is under 30 and only used 5 vouchers for year not overly abused . i had typed it in.it worked but they were waiting to suspend
    80.98/365 a year spend challenge
    20,000 step a day challenge
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,888Posts Today

5,636Users online

Martin's Twitter