Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,747Posts
    • 36,311Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; Yesterday at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 977
    • pippo
    • By pippo 7th Feb 18, 9:49 PM
    • 3,005 Posts
    • 32,131 Thanks
    pippo
    Wow?

Have you any old photos pippo?

An amazing feat of engineering

The houses underneath shake when a fast train passes. I was in one once and the first time it happened if scared the life out of me

Indeed

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Strangely I started having a bit of a sort of old photos today, but haven't come across any that old, if indeed there were any.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 7th Feb 18, 9:52 PM
    • 3,005 Posts
    • 32,131 Thanks
    pippo
    I never brown my meat, does everyone else?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Yep, in fact I've just finished doing that ready for tomorrow nights tea. As we are having company it will be a casserole, rather than a stew!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Feb 18, 10:02 PM
    • 50,007 Posts
    • 607,560 Thanks
    bubbs
    Yep, in fact I've just finished doing that ready for tomorrow nights tea. As we are having company it will be a casserole, rather than a stew!
    Originally posted by pippo
    Funny hubby dont like stew, but likes casserole
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 12 1/2 lb week 46
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 7th Feb 18, 10:05 PM
    • 3,723 Posts
    • 52,187 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Thanks to izzeyb for the porridge

Got both Scott and oats so. Told friend about oats so and asked if she wanted to go for some. We got there and she only wanted ONE box she actually knows I buy in bulk.

Snap love the hair colour it is just how I imagine you

I have been watching Girlfriends and thought it good , loved the fact that the main characters were not size 6 with high heels They seemed believable until tonight;s episode which was strange but worth watching

Good night and it would be lovely to know if our missing ops were ok or see them back posting
    Last edited by mrsmac10; 07-02-2018 at 10:09 PM.
    Retiree in training
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 7th Feb 18, 10:06 PM
    • 7,448 Posts
    • 116,154 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    Omg deep conversations tonight.
    Did God create other planets and if their is life on them did he create that life.
    Do Christians believe in Dinasours. How can they.
    Who created God.

I think my head hurts and it's time for bed
    • pippo
    • By pippo 7th Feb 18, 10:07 PM
    • 3,005 Posts
    • 32,131 Thanks
    pippo
    Funny hubby dont like stew, but likes casserole
    I'm actually using up some of the 'old' Bubbs beef again, as I said before, it's the beef that's been around for a while.............
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 7th Feb 18, 10:12 PM
    • 19,945 Posts
    • 261,606 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    That would be an old codger Savvy.
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    I know. I was a joke.
    Or my attempt at a joke.

I had written something far better than what is now above, but I could scream as I have just lost a post setting out what was good from M today. I am just going to have to explain that I am being taken out by appointments etc. on each of the next two days so will probably get to the list towards the weekend. I can't unfortunately set out everything again. So, in short, just look at the free from fresh and frozen (includes frozen Fish Bites 300g packs at 1 RTC each), also at frozen items more widely in M (for example Southern Fried Popping Chicken 50p RTC (I know A had much bigger pack at better price in the past), Simpli Quick items - not many people had that range in the first place I think - at 50p, Green Smoothie Mix at 1.20 RTC apparently), also several items in the world foods aisle on RTC for those that have world foods in their Ms.

I am moving from Cherries 200g which may have gone from 1.47 to 2 in M to M's Wonky Cherries 200g at 1.14. Salad Peppers 3 pack have gone back to 3 for 2 in M (do not compare on APG) - also includes Closed Cup Mushrooms 300g. Portion Cucumber may compare vs M 22p (if necessary waiting a few days first if that only went onto this price yesterday or today - no idea, I didn't visit M on Monday).

Frozen Eat Smart meals - points that were on until 4th February are obviously off now so those items will now never be as good if their prices remain at the current prices. They are therefore being removed. The Tree of Life products also appear not to have points offer on them anymore, so those on my list will be removed. A couple of items I have as RTC - Jordans Country Crisp Raisin Clusters 500g and American Pancake Mix (appears to be a new version of this last item now) now scan at full price, so I am to remove those as well, and the gardening items are coming back into M for the season to come back in a month or so. They are obviously appearing with full price SELs and no longer the RTCs from last year, so I will remove all the gardening items just in time for the season. I think, as regards their lowest price, they are now no good until right at the end of the season when they go back on clearance again.

Did I mention the Corn Express Pen (10 A and 1 RTC M) - which I think would have worked last week if they ever had the product for M in the system - now being risky - seems to have cleared out of several stores and M price (if it was there) may now drop off the system? I may have done, in my lost post. Also the L'Oreal Sportsman gift set - long explanation, can't repeat, as to why on TBG list when probably clearance in M (RTC should not be compared against) - but now probably likely to have cleared from many stores and less likely to be in a TBG store anyway.

Also I mentioned several Haggis products on RTC in M - but were probably beaten by Sains. a week or two ago? The Nuby baby products - bottles, feeding bowls etc. - that came in at 1 recently have now gone to 75p RTC.

Probably much better when I am forced to do quick summaries like this and haven't got time to repeat the detail. That'll have to do for now. See you probably Friday late afternoon/Saturday onwards.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 07-02-2018 at 10:22 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705-708 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 7th Feb 18, 10:25 PM
    • 12,330 Posts
    • 140,652 Thanks
    Anon
    Free D0minoes finishes at midnight on Wontu.

Just had a lovely supper ... is it wrong I have had lunch, dinner and supper within 4 hours as I was too busy today for lunch at lunchtime so ate before coming home, and remembered pizza after tea when I got in

Anon
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 7th Feb 18, 10:38 PM
    • 19,945 Posts
    • 261,606 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I'd forgotten the main items - Colgate Max One Luminious and Max One Optic Toothpastes, were 2 in M, are now off in M. Could already be off on the APG if they were showing that on Monday. (I had put these at the outset of my lost post but obviously when trying to remember a few, they didn't come straight to mind again.)

Now just the Luminious version as it seems Optic has no good comparisons - Luminious 3 for 2 in A (I hope still) vs T at 2 or in twos to compare against W 2 for 4.

The Walkers Stax I now have, rightly or wrongly, as 1.25 in M so will be removing the one I had on the list as I no longer have 1 showing for it.

It's also my turn to lose some items (although I have done better on other items than last time). I've lost the Yokebe products - one of which last seen on 3 RTC - from my last remaining store. I'm also unable to confirm whether Nestle Butterfinger Cups 4 pack are still 1 in M EDIT: [Butterfinger Cups now 1.50 in M according to online], so I am going to take those away, whether they still are or are not - let's just decide the price wasn't that good anyway. They're one of those items that appear on aisle ends in some Ms from time to time and then disappear the next week. A bit like the Walkers Stax that were in that situation for me last time, the only version I had, but different store visited this time that had them elsewhere. Anyway, of no relevance to anything - see you later!

EDIT: Butterfinger Cups have now appeared online, showing "New" and are now 1.50 there - so, I have now got them, online and was right to be removing them. Was making efforts to find them instore as they were not online last week - but they are now there.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 07-02-2018 at 11:48 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705-708 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.

• ma-ri-ella
    • By ma-ri-ella 7th Feb 18, 10:39 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 8,727 Thanks
    ma-ri-ella
    proper trout at self scan/supervisor . types in apg - first of month and only 4th of the year. Comes over says we don't do this year so suspends shop and snatches receipt amd voucher. Takes me to customer services with tutting and insists they keep receipt- cant you just scribble over it apg/initial says me. nope meh i do have another to use .
    80.98/365 a year spend challenge
    20,000 step a day challenge
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 7th Feb 18, 10:44 PM
    • 4,452 Posts
    • 89,246 Thanks
    izzeyb
    proper trout at self scan/supervisor . types in apg - first of month and only 4th of the year. Comes over says we don't do this year so suspends shop and snatches receipt amd voucher. Takes me to customer services with tutting and insists they keep receipt- cant you just scribble over it apg/initial says me. nope meh i do have another to use .
    Originally posted by ma-ri-ella

I don't let anyone keep my receipts. They are your property. If you ever have to take something back (ie if it has gone off) without a receipt you are scuppered.
    • vanilla twist
    • By vanilla twist 7th Feb 18, 10:50 PM
    • 3,928 Posts
    • 58,577 Thanks
    vanilla twist
    Free 5 year warranty at John Lewis.
    Originally posted by silvercar
    Thanks but unfortunately the tv I wanted was OOS. So bought from argos.

V x
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back
    Originally posted by fairclaire
    May the odds be ever in your favour

SPC 7 Pot No 410 232.63 Total
    • shirley999
    • By shirley999 7th Feb 18, 10:54 PM
    • 1,801 Posts
    • 14,645 Thanks
    shirley999
    Originally posted by ma-ri-ella
    I also had my transaction suspended today and transferred to customer services and told APGs are no longer being accepted at self scan, only manned checkouts. It was all polite however and my receipts were scribbled on and returned to me, and the APGs destroyed.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 7th Feb 18, 11:08 PM
    • 36,662 Posts
    • 154,737 Thanks
    silvercar
    I w enjoying 'girlfriends' until tonight's ridiculous episode.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 7th Feb 18, 11:43 PM
    • 19,945 Posts
    • 261,606 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I also had my transaction suspended today and transferred to customer services and told APGs are no longer being accepted at self scan, only manned checkouts. It was all polite however and my receipts were scribbled on and returned to me, and the APGs destroyed.
    Originally posted by shirley999
    Is this a store where they watch you/pounce on you at SS or are the voucher BC and receipt TC still working at SS (obviously in another A, not the store at which staff pulled you away from the SS and stopped you putting the vouchers through)?

• vanilla twist
    • By vanilla twist 8th Feb 18, 12:04 AM
    • 3,928 Posts
    • 58,577 Thanks
    vanilla twist
    The lego glitch appears to be fixed now. I am only getting the 5 off for spending over 25. Always last to read these things. If anyone does have it still working please explain to me what to do.
    This V x
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back
    Originally posted by fairclaire
    May the odds be ever in your favour

SPC 7 Pot No 410 232.63 Total
    • pepper77
    • By pepper77 8th Feb 18, 12:29 AM
    • 2,031 Posts
    • 6,254 Thanks
    pepper77
    Originally posted by shirley999
    its store specific, either the manager has a bee in his bonnet, or some customers are abusing.
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 8th Feb 18, 1:38 AM
    • 6,892 Posts
    • 89,271 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    Why does PD come to mind?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    For PC reasons, I cannot answer that
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 8th Feb 18, 1:39 AM
    • 6,892 Posts
    • 89,271 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    Because she is rude
    never been partial to a thin one
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 8th Feb 18, 6:52 AM
    • 5,009 Posts
    • 60,775 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    The lego glitch appears to be fixed now. I am only getting the 5 off for spending over 25. Always last to read these things. If anyone does have it still working please explain to me what to do.
    This V x
    Originally posted by vanilla twist
    It stopped about 8pm last night. x
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

Jan 18 - grocery/household to 14/1 = 38.42

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,427Posts Today

9,373Users online

Martin's Twitter