Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,746Posts
    • 36,304Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; Yesterday at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 966
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 6th Feb 18, 10:18 PM
    • 33,133 Posts
    • 467,664 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Ive been working late tonight and drove back through Durham. For some reason some of the street lights were off in the centre as I drove towards the viaduct near the station. At that point a train whistled through above me and it looked as if it was flying through the sky.

An extraordinary sight

Anyway, as I needed some eggs, thought I would call in T for a change. Dont think Ive been inside Teskies for months.

Did we know about this?

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 6th Feb 18, 10:33 PM
    • 36,657 Posts
    • 154,696 Thanks
    silvercar
    Oh this sounds exciting. My sister loves buying fabric. Let us know what happens on checkout please.

I need to spend 250 in argos on new bedroom telly as Internet connection is dead and buried on my lovely old Sony. Are they available in morrisons for the extra 5000 points. Be nice to find a way to save a bit on this purchase. Friend has just told me of a 10 off 100 email voucher he has got but a bigger saving would be nice as hadn't been planning on changing the telly this week but I mostly use the various Internet aided services like amazon and now tv so hat being without them. Watching on tablet not much fun.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

V x
    Originally posted by vanilla twist
    Free 5 year warranty at John Lewis.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 6th Feb 18, 10:34 PM
    • 33,133 Posts
    • 467,664 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Can you believe that I hit whoopsie time exactly at Teskies

I only went in for eggs

I paid probably twice as much as would in A but the quality always seems a bit better/ fresher in T

I am especially happy with the Caesar salad.....and the eggs of course. None of them were broken

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • shirley999
    • By shirley999 6th Feb 18, 10:40 PM
    • 1,801 Posts
    • 14,645 Thanks
    shirley999
    COS is very disappointing at the moment - down to 37 items on my list today - it was up to 72 at one point ...
    Happy Downs keep popping up but only on days I cant get to Mr T. My Sainsburys does not sell the small Hippeas so I doubt if our C0-ops do either ...
    I checked Q clicksnappy as well but its not much better.
    Originally posted by mhoc
    ..whilst GreenJinn appears to be thriving.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 6th Feb 18, 10:41 PM
    • 33,133 Posts
    • 467,664 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Boots 8th February

10 worth of points when you spend 50
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 6th Feb 18, 10:43 PM
    • 33,133 Posts
    • 467,664 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    ..whilst GreenJinn appears to be thriving.
    Originally posted by shirley999
    Dont think I can get it on the iPad
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • shirley999
    • By shirley999 6th Feb 18, 10:47 PM
    • 1,801 Posts
    • 14,645 Thanks
    shirley999
    Dont think I can get it on the iPad
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Yes you can, I am using an iPad! In App Store select iPhone only and you will find it, seems to be that way for many apps. Enjoy!
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 6th Feb 18, 10:48 PM
    • 25,619 Posts
    • 313,148 Thanks
    davemorton
    It looks fabulous Rhos.

You are so lucky to live somewhere so beautiful
    You can hardly moan

Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 6th Feb 18, 10:50 PM
    • 2,807 Posts
    • 35,876 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Don!!!8217;t think I can get it on the iPad
    You're not really missing much. They don't do freebies. Only worth using when a product is already on offer and then it usually only gives between 20-40% off. Ok if you're buying the product already, otherwise not.
    Last edited by Wheres My Cashback; 06-02-2018 at 10:52 PM.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 6th Feb 18, 10:53 PM
    • 12,330 Posts
    • 140,646 Thanks
    Anon
    Savvy Deals UK FB have a code for a free coffee from Ner0 with their app - works for new and existing customers.

HTH

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 6th Feb 18, 10:59 PM
    • 12,330 Posts
    • 140,646 Thanks
    Anon
    AP - a few Gweggs again today.

HTH

Anon
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 6th Feb 18, 11:00 PM
    • 33,133 Posts
    • 467,664 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Yes you can, I am using an iPad! In App Store select iPhone only and you will find it, seems to be that way for many apps. Enjoy!
    Originally posted by shirley999
    You are a star shirl

I think I must have tried this when it first came out but failed to choose iPhone.

Ive downloaded it but now thinking there might have been a referral code
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 6th Feb 18, 11:02 PM
    • 33,133 Posts
    • 467,664 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    You can hardly moan

Originally posted by davemorton
    It was ok until someone put the stones in the middle of the steps....now I cant get me wheelbarrow back up with the sea coal
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 6th Feb 18, 11:10 PM
    • 25,619 Posts
    • 313,148 Thanks
    davemorton
    AP - a few Gweggs again today.

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    All lucky dips for me tonight.
    It was ok until someone put the stones in the middle of the steps....now I cant get me wheelbarrow back up with the sea coal
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • shirley999
    • By shirley999 6th Feb 18, 11:24 PM
    • 1,801 Posts
    • 14,645 Thanks
    shirley999
    You're not really missing much. They don't do freebies. Only worth using when a product is already on offer and then it usually only gives between 20-40% off. Ok if you're buying the product already, otherwise not.
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    I have bought 7 products I buy regularly today, all of which were on offer at either Tesco or Sainsbury's so made a decent saving. It is the best week by far to date with 38 offers. I like it because the offers all last a week and then you get new ones for the following week.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Feb 18, 11:40 PM
    • 16,454 Posts
    • 203,575 Thanks
    mhoc
    Savvy Deals UK FB have a code for a free coffee from Ner0 with their app - works for new and existing customers.

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    but not on my app, it comes up as not available as I've already made a purchase
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 6th Feb 18, 11:43 PM
    • 25,619 Posts
    • 313,148 Thanks
    davemorton
    From HUKD, worth checking for Quidco ClickSnap 10 cashback on Whisky
    Edit: Looks like it was last week.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 7th Feb 18, 12:20 AM
    • 25,619 Posts
    • 313,148 Thanks
    davemorton
    From the dark side, checked, and it is on my card.
    New offer: Spend 10 get 5 back on Aldi using your amex card
    • ChelseaFred
    • By ChelseaFred 7th Feb 18, 2:25 AM
    • 372 Posts
    • 6,093 Thanks
    ChelseaFred
    Can you believe that I hit whoopsie time exactly at Teskies

I only went in for eggs

I paid probably twice as much as would in A but the quality always seems a bit better/ fresher in T

I am especially happy with the Caesar salad.....and the eggs of course. None of them were broken

Thats one of our Caesar Salads! (Think of me when you eat it!). Not our Ruccola though.

Anyway, where were you earlier when I called for you? I honked but I think all the Pampas Grass in your front garden muffles the sound?

ChelseaFred
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 7th Feb 18, 4:32 AM
    • 4,452 Posts
    • 89,243 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Morning

Looks like the 2 for 3.00 Porridge ending today.
    (1.98/2.00/2.18/2.28/2.38)

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle-661179_2256548.html

Quaker Oats/Jumbo Oats and Scotts Porage Oats/Old Fashioned Scotts should compare to Tesco (new offer starting today)/Morries 2 for 3.00 offer.

Quaker Oats/Scotts original works out 85p a box.
    Quaker Jumbo (2.18) and Scotts Old Fashioned (2.28)works out 67/57p a box

Ready Brek Original and Choc v Tesco 1.50. Works out 85p a box

Best comparisons Oats So Simple 2.38 each v Sainsbobs half price offer at 1.22

Original/Variety Pack/Sweet Cinnamon/Strawberry, Raspberry and Cranberry/Apple & Blueberry/Golden Syrup/Apple, Sultana, Raisin and Cranberry works out 22p a box

Double check Sainsbobs website for flavours, above are from Mysupermarket which, like my sums , can be unreliable

Check price they scan through at and the offer comes off (hopefully they won't just rollback) after update.

Don't rely on the SEL showing the offer

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

17Posts Today

4,153Users online

Martin's Twitter