Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,701Posts
    • 36,137Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 762
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Jan 18, 6:16 PM
    • 28,358 Posts
    • 416,762 Thanks
    tweets

I had an Alcatel Pixi 3 mobile (it came free with an Alcatel tablet from Ts)
    This is the one I changed over to before Christmas & it was the worse phone I have ever ever used

Luckily Fourp bought me a lovely Huawei for Christmas & I flogged the Alcatel
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    I didn't know Huawei did phones til I saw your post the other week forgot to go and look. Will do now because I am nosy
    Lost 3st-1lb
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Jan 18, 6:18 PM
    • 32,700 Posts
    • 463,879 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good morning All,

TM you need one of these for your big handbags : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Periea-Handbag-Organiser-12-Compartments/dp/B00ZFIJMNS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1515843643&sr=8-3&keywords=handbag%2Borganiser&th=1

They are great for keeping things together in the bottom of handbags and come in different sizes for different bags.

Not been around much as moved house and trying to get organised but trying to read along with you all.

Hugs to all who would like one.

Happy Birthday Di.
    Originally posted by Minihauk
    Thank you mini

It made me realise how long Ive had handbag problems as Im sure someone else was kind enough to recommend something similar in the past Im not keen to add something else to the bags I have really. The best answer would be to get rid of much of the stuff I carry around I think.

I think Im looking for a perfect bag that doesnt exist
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • sparklyfee
    • By sparklyfee 13th Jan 18, 6:28 PM
    • 1,061 Posts
    • 14,163 Thanks
    sparklyfee
    Evening all,

I've bitten the bullet and "won" a Nexus 7 on fleabay. Should be here in a few days! Excited for AP

Thanks to anyone who gave me advice.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Jan 18, 6:30 PM
    • 32,700 Posts
    • 463,879 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good Afternoon

TM have you looked at Kipling bags ?

You can get roomy ones and not lose your stuff also they are not heavy like some bags are
    Originally posted by tweets
    You & I know they are brilliant especially the Defea for compartments but I think TM is more upmarket than us

(saying that I do own a leather Defea but have never used it.. )
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    My last handbag got chucked out as I got dog poo on it you cant get much more downmarket than that

Ive never really looked at Kipling bags or Radley for that matter. But I will have a gander later

Im reconciling myself to the fact that I may never find the perfect bag.....just as I cant paint a ceiling without leaving marks or even clean windows without smears.......sometimes you just have to accept your shortcomings
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Jan 18, 6:33 PM
    • 32,700 Posts
    • 463,879 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Thank you redfox

I wonder what TM thinks they are ?
    Originally posted by tweets
    Ive just had to put my glasses on as I thought they were squirrels

Now Ive got my glasses on, I can tell you that they are DEFINITELY birds
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 13th Jan 18, 6:37 PM
    • 2,753 Posts
    • 35,440 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Been shopping online for 2 front tyres.
    Did a bit of research
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/92873/all-season-tyre-test-20172018-results-by-category

Checked prices for nearly all fitters etc.

Best Price for my choice of Michelin was Kwik Fit, also says you can get free mobile fitting for 2 or more tyres.

Best price per tyre by at least 10. also freebie winter care kit when ordered online
    https://www.kwik-fit.com/offers/michelin-winter-kit-offer and CB from Q 3.5%TCB 3.28%

Still just about 100 each but as car is the newest I have ever had, I want to make sure I get th best I can.

Hope this can help others who may be looking for tyres.

Also you normally get your receipt in a wee booklet that sometimes has money off stuff in it. I know the staff at my local and have always had good service from them.
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Thanks for that, thought I didn't recognise the name.... Nearest centre 218 miles away . Kwik fit a couple of pounds cheaper and then the CB and freebie.
    have you tried blackcirles also do tcb
    Originally posted by newbie1980
    Black Circle are poor value nowadays weheras they always used to be the 'go to' place.

Cheapest way to get tyres - get 6-10 online quotes - deduct 20% from the lowest quote - ring the online/other fitters and ask them to match the 20% deducted quotes - 9/10 you'll get one to match YOUR price with little haggling as there are big mark ups on tyres.
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 13th Jan 18, 6:37 PM
    • 2,246 Posts
    • 26,832 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    quoting dave mortons
    I fancy giving it another try, but I only have one account that I can set up on it, and thats the one I used. My other accounts are Starling bank and Barclays, and neither are listed as being able to use on the droid app

you can use the same card just need a different phone ie pixi 3 for 4.99 to load account onto then transfer to nfc phone and different gmail address
    Originally posted by newbie1980
    Im getting so confused with this...I successfully used ap and that finished end of dec...DH messed his ap account up last week so I thought I would give it a go..but im not very tecky.
    I have my phone which is not nfc, so downloaded ap added card, then went on the phone I had already used, removed original card set up new gmail added card got authorisation code thru card on phone but no envelopes...what have I done wrong?
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 13th Jan 18, 6:38 PM
    • 2,496 Posts
    • 38,274 Thanks
    wendyak
    Evening all,

I've bitten the bullet and "won" a Nexus 7 on fleabay. Should be here in a few days! Excited for AP

Thanks to anyone who gave me advice.
    Originally posted by sparklyfee
    I'm glad Im not the only one who got on this late bus.....just ordered that 4.99 phone ...dont really know why but sure you will help me, you lovely lot...I already have a droid but it seems to not like apps being downloaded its an HTC desire 300 and I only paid about 20 three years ago .....how do I know if I can play on it plz ?? x
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 13th Jan 18, 6:42 PM
    • 18,559 Posts
    • 201,785 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    What, real ones
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Jan 18, 6:52 PM
    • 32,700 Posts
    • 463,879 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    What, real ones
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Dont be daft

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Jan 18, 6:53 PM
    • 32,700 Posts
    • 463,879 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Just for info.....I know this was discussed the other day

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 13th Jan 18, 7:21 PM
    • 6,391 Posts
    • 87,767 Thanks
    Sarahdol75

Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

Week 1 57.49 miles 137 696 steps
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Jan 18, 7:38 PM
    • 25,414 Posts
    • 311,505 Thanks
    davemorton
    DM, you have a PM

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Replied. Cheers

Had a thought, I could set it up on my mates phone, then just transfer it over to mine from that.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Princess_x
    • By Princess_x 13th Jan 18, 7:43 PM
    • 2,316 Posts
    • 11,532 Thanks
    Princess_x
    Hey guys!

Haven't been on here for a long time. Been so busy with university.

Hope everyone is well.

P.S. Can someone please explain what AP is? Seems like some app?

• tweets
    • By tweets 13th Jan 18, 7:54 PM
    • 28,358 Posts
    • 416,762 Thanks
    tweets

Lost 3st-1lb
    • newbie1980
    • By newbie1980 13th Jan 18, 7:58 PM
    • 1,866 Posts
    • 22,897 Thanks
    newbie1980
    I'm glad Im not the only one who got on this late bus.....just ordered that 4.99 phone ...dont really know why but sure you will help me, you lovely lot...I already have a droid but it seems to not like apps being downloaded its an HTC desire 300 and I only paid about 20 three years ago .....how do I know if I can play on it plz ?? x
    Originally posted by wendyak
    you need a phone with NFC

the 4.99 phone will not be good enough. Its only good enough to get another account active
    • jax.26
    • By jax.26 13th Jan 18, 7:58 PM
    • 1,797 Posts
    • 21,973 Thanks
    jax.26
    Hey guys!

Haven't been on here for a long time. Been so busy with university.

Hope everyone is well.

P.S. Can someone please explain what AP is? Seems like some app?
    Originally posted by Princess_x
    Hi I've noticed no-one answered yet so maybe all away having dinner...maybe!

So, I'll try and explain lol.

Android pay on a smart phone
    Use this to pay for items (10 per day)
    And win vouchers.

Someone will explain this further later on but just now you can look this up and have a read

HTH
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 13th Jan 18, 8:01 PM
    • 6,911 Posts
    • 57,244 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Originally posted by wendyak
    The phone needs to have NFC and running 4.4 kitkat Android or newer, and not have used android pay before.

If you want a ‘second’ 30 days of the promo for envelopes, you need another unused ap phone as long as it has 4.4 kitkat or newer you can download ap, set up new acc and then go to your NFC phone and add the new acc on that.
    Last edited by fuzzgun19; 13-01-2018 at 8:25 PM.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Jan 18, 8:05 PM
    • 16,298 Posts
    • 202,278 Thanks
    mhoc
    Been shopping online for 2 front tyres.
    Did a bit of research
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/92873/all-season-tyre-test-20172018-results-by-category

Checked prices for nearly all fitters etc.

Best Price for my choice of Michelin was Kwik Fit, also says you can get free mobile fitting for 2 or more tyres.

Best price per tyre by at least 10. also freebie winter care kit when ordered online
    https://www.kwik-fit.com/offers/michelin-winter-kit-offer and CB from Q 3.5%TCB 3.28%

Still just about 100 each but as car is the newest I have ever had, I want to make sure I get th best I can.

Hope this can help others who may be looking for tyres.

Also you normally get your receipt in a wee booklet that sometimes has money off stuff in it. I know the staff at my local and have always had good service from them.
    Make sure you get prices including vat and fitting includes balancing and tracking - yes I know its obvious

The trouble with tyres is that often you dont get much notice of when they need replacing - Oh had a nail that was noriced at mot time (mendable) but then when it went for servicing another was spotted so OH then had to do the tyre change.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 13th Jan 18, 8:28 PM
    • 261 Posts
    • 5,356 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Good evening lovely peoples

Just poppied in to say hello to everyone and to wish Di the Happiest Of Birthdays.

Sorry havent caught up - Im run down
    On my Cancer journey, I've learned that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster; it's more like a cha-cha
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,009Posts Today

9,871Users online

Martin's Twitter