Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,693Posts
    • 36,111Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 758
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 13th Jan 18, 12:14 PM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 23,630 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    First I had the 'Claim approved here is your postage label' email from Alcatel go missing but their CS resent when I called after a week wondering what was happening and now I have had my old phone disappear in the mail - tracking shows only 'received at post office' then nothing else since 4th Jan . Apparently I can't claim for lost until 15 working days, just spoke to Alcatel and they said call in another week if they still haven't received it and they will think about what to do.

I feel sorry for whoever pilfered it as I used the box of a much newer phone to send back a pretty busted up Orange San Francisco that must be 8 year sold and worth less than a fiver.

I now have two others to claim for. I looked in the T&C, there is no mention of the trade in phones needing to be unlocked but I thought I had seen mention of it on here?
    Originally posted by michaels
    I thought it said unlocked somewhere too. Also need to turn on with screen working and factory reset.
    • cjj
    • By cjj 13th Jan 18, 12:28 PM
    • 6,284 Posts
    • 84,083 Thanks
    cjj
    Ohh might not be going to Leeds now as oh feeling unwell xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 13th Jan 18, 12:29 PM
    • 2,927 Posts
    • 45,833 Thanks
    elainemn
    AFternoon everyone. Managed 5 NSD's this week because of TM's nasty cold bug. On the road to recovery now so popped to A this monring for a few bits. Is APG back to 6am now? Not used it for a week so might be a bit behind. Thanks
    • Anon
    • By Anon 13th Jan 18, 12:32 PM
    • 12,162 Posts
    • 139,161 Thanks
    Anon
    Looking for an additional Droid to activate an account for your OH . Pixi 3 price has dropped again. Note no NFC so this cannot be used to play the game, just to activate a new account.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ee-alcatel-one-touch-pixi-3-35-inch-1499-499-10-top-up-argos-collection-2876275

Now down to 4.99 in Arg0s - in theory 10 top up required, but order online and pay with Fasttrack collection and only pay 4.99.

CEX seem to be paying 15 for trade in.

Untested... but ordered ready for activating at the end of the month so I can play in February . You are limited to ordering 1 from Arg0s ... per order it seems .

HTH

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 13-01-2018 at 12:54 PM.
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 13th Jan 18, 12:43 PM
    • 2,494 Posts
    • 38,251 Thanks
    wendyak
    Hi gang
    did anyone buy the pack of 5 fruit of the loom childrens T shirts for only 2.09 ?
    Just opened them and they are only ONE .....very angry as clearly states pack of 5 on purchase page.
    Have sent a sharp email but think I might just have to return grrrr
    • gocat
    • By gocat 13th Jan 18, 12:56 PM
    • 4,788 Posts
    • 56,904 Thanks
    gocat
    I think your APG was v Morries gocat - you've paid 96p for 12
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    Oh gawd. Your right

A vs S

10x Muller Light Fat Free Banana & Custard Yogurt (175g) 6.80 5.00
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.50

Ive deleted other post
    • locarr
    • By locarr 13th Jan 18, 12:56 PM
    • 7,829 Posts
    • 139,657 Thanks
    locarr
    Afternoon ALL!

"I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • locarr
    • By locarr 13th Jan 18, 12:58 PM
    • 7,829 Posts
    • 139,657 Thanks
    locarr
    hi cc glad you took my post as it was intended, in a nice way. but the thread needs peeps llike aau and myself to pinpoint why shops fail.im rellly glad you know why. as its for the greater good "THE ELITE"
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    the difference being you say it in a nice way not mocking another's error
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

• locarr
    • By locarr 13th Jan 18, 1:10 PM
    • 7,829 Posts
    • 139,657 Thanks
    locarr
    Swipe and win! The last couple of times my guardian angel ensured my fuel tank was empty. I shall try and remember to help her with this task this year.

Can anyone remember please? When we returned stuff, were our bonus points removed? I remember having a terrible hassle with a pair of trousers (which I had genuinely hoped would fit) in a not-local store. He refused to take them back without a receipt so I swopped them for a different size, which generated a receipt, and then I returned them in a different store for the money on a gift card.

I'm out for the day now but will catch up again this evening.
    Originally posted by Picasso7

I was returning ill fitting clothing the next day as I went back into store to rinse and repeat. I retained all my points, but this may just be one store. Will be interesting to know what others say.
    Originally posted by hampydoodums

Why flog the goose that lays the golden egg?
    Jay-Z

• emerald21
    • By emerald21 13th Jan 18, 1:20 PM
    • 9,828 Posts
    • 113,887 Thanks
    emerald21
    Happy Birthday Di
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 13th Jan 18, 1:22 PM
    • 9,828 Posts
    • 113,887 Thanks
    emerald21
    Well Im pleased to say Dawn passed her 10 th out of 12 exams to become a chartered accountant
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 13th Jan 18, 1:23 PM
    • 9,828 Posts
    • 113,887 Thanks
    emerald21
    I was most disappointed to find that Id missed Hatton Garden which was on for 4 days beginning on the 11 th of December. Does anyone know where I might be able to watch it please ?
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Jan 18, 1:25 PM
    • 16,273 Posts
    • 202,048 Thanks
    mhoc
    Why flog the goose that lays the golden egg?
    Originally posted by locarr
    Must agree - always best to keep a low profile.

This is probably not related but I have always wondered. A long while back I had very poor service from a member of staff and I reported them to HQ - they are still working there so they were not sacked and I still avoid this person like a plague - anyway the matter was not resolved, I think I just got the standard replies about passing my message along etc ...

After which I more or less stopped doing normal shopping at sainsbobs for about 7 months (before the days of cashbook shops ) I just went in and did little 1 shops every 7 to 10 days or so and no till spits came out whatsoever over that period - I think in all it was about 9 or 10 months until I got vouchers from the catalina machines ...
    very sinister - hardly a coincidence?
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 13th Jan 18, 1:25 PM
    • 14,338 Posts
    • 249,840 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Free airfix spitfire in WHSmiths when you buy the mail paper. Worth a ws trip
    Originally posted by lalli_pickle
    Thank you - I'm now the proud owner of a Supermarine spitfire
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 13th Jan 18, 1:29 PM
    • 14,338 Posts
    • 249,840 Thanks
    Snap-ant

I've been up the mountain to visit That Sister, she was in bed exhausted Her mouth is now full of ulcers
    I took her SDs Zoella Bath tea bags & bath milk (RTC 1.99 from 12 ) as she loves a good bath

Last edited by Snap-ant; 13-01-2018 at 1:33 PM.
    Our Family Motto ~

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Jan 18, 1:34 PM
    • 16,273 Posts
    • 202,048 Thanks
    mhoc
    Then Co-op, Xmas roll wrap now 20p a roll, Malteser reindeer 16p, bag of elves and santa chocs 25p for 85g, party poppers 20p etc etc.

Only spent 1, asked for receipt and got 50p off potatoes and 50p off crisps, nuts and snacks.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    You got 2 MOC till spits? That is even better

Have you used them yet?

My store still seemed to have some Christmas chocolate stuff last time - might have to go and have another look.

I went into my other C0-op last night and I got another of the low sugar 2L cloudy lemonades I got last time as OH liked it so much. After blue card discounts it only comes to 59p -it works out cheaper now than getting OHs squash from Morrisons plus at least its another item I can get in a local shop.
    I got a 50p off biscuits like I did a month or so back so I got the 55p custard creams which after blue card discount and the 50p MOC came to a big fat zero

So 59p for 2L cloudy lemonade and a double pack of custard creams - one very happy OH

I was wondering if you get set MOCs in a circuit - have to think back now as to what I got after the biscuit MOC last time to see if there is a pattern.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 13th Jan 18, 1:34 PM
    • 14,338 Posts
    • 249,840 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    I was most disappointed to find that Id missed Hatton Garden which was on for 4 days beginning on the 11 th of December. Does anyone know where I might be able to watch it please ?
    Originally posted by emerald21
    It wasn't on - it was replaced with Bancroft
    Our Family Motto ~

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Jan 18, 1:35 PM
    • 16,273 Posts
    • 202,048 Thanks
    mhoc

I've been up the mountain to visit That Sister, she was in bed exhausted Her mouth is now full of ulcers
    I took her SDs Zoella Bath tea bags & bath milk (RTC 1.99 from 12 ) as she loves a good bath

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Little treats are always the best and these look far more expensive than they actually are.
    Baths are very soothing when you are feeling low.
    Her mouth must be very painful
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 13th Jan 18, 1:41 PM
    • 9,828 Posts
    • 113,887 Thanks
    emerald21

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Awww poor that sister Snap can t be much fun One mouth ulcer s enough isn t it . Marmite is supposed to be good and I dont mean our marmie ( who wouldn t let me come for Xmas dinner )
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Jan 18, 1:43 PM
    • 16,273 Posts
    • 202,048 Thanks
    mhoc
    Had a nice little time in Shoes, using giftcard.

Own brand body spray - 75p - and 75 pts for buying deod onto AC

Own brand toothpaste - 75p - and 75 pts for dental onto AC

Own brand shampoo and cond - 1.65* - and 100 pts for hair onto AC

Time Delay rtc 1 - and 200 pts for buying TD onto AC

So all items free plus double pts, 522 pts in total on 4.69 spend (inc carrier and a pack of menthol tissues to see if the 'cough and cold' pts kicked in, which they didn't.)

* Strawberry shampoo 75p but matching conditioner has gone up to 90p
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    I've made a note of your list as I think I have the same vouchers - I seem to get the same ones on my app and they also send me paper versions - doubt if I can get points twice ...

Also doubt if I can find Time Delay RTC but I will still look for it.

And I've also got a few pounds left on a gift card which I am keen to use up.

My Boots points balance is at a nice 15 now or thereabouts but I cant think of anything I want to treat myself to yet ...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,329Posts Today

9,375Users online

Martin's Twitter