Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,701Posts
    • 36,134Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 747
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 11th Jan 18, 10:29 PM
    • 3,463 Posts
    • 34,097 Thanks
    Picasso7
    I went to Mr T today and they had some renova skin care 12 pack toilet rolls on a huge pallet. They were reduced from 6 to 4 so I picked up two packs. They scanned through at 6 So I went to customer service desk and the trout proceeded to tell me that I must have picked the wrong packs I told her I would be more then happy to showher the shelf label
    Back at the tills she started to refund me and I kindly mentioned their dtd policy to which she gave me the dirtiest look and shouted some one must have forgot to change the price on the pallet as the correct price was showing on a nearby shelf I wasnt entitled to dtd I stood my ground and was refunded 8
    Though she did scribble all over my receipt Refunded in capitals aswell as demanding my club card so she could take off any club card points ! She also refused to give a receipt to confirm I had been refunded so will keep an eye out on my back statement to make sure the money goes back in
    I can also confirm at Mr T that I found a lonely Christmas box of ferrero rocher which scanned through at 1.50 and some black magic chocolate boxes scanning at 75p (there was a full shelf full as it was labelled up at 4 I think ) I have pictures but have not posted any before so have no idea how its done
    Also found loads of reindeer drinking glasses at 9p at sada
    Originally posted by glitter_bug
    Well done. Id complain to HQ about the refusal to give you a receipt.

I popped into T on my way home tonight in the hope of finding some Quality Street, but no joy. I was also looking for Always pants for Mum but they had a very limited selection. I got them in M in the end as they are a good price there. As it is nearby, I also dashed into A to see if the boxes of Christmas cake kit, Whitworth?, had been reduced further. I seem to remember someone saying they had gone down to 1. Sadly not in my store. Ive seen very little in the sales this year so it was just as well we had the A gift glitch before Christmas. For the last two years Ive got Mum reduced Christmas cards at this time of year, but Ive seen very little this year and not religious ones, which is what she wants. I am beginning to think that Christmas Day on a Monday was not good for shopping!

Night all. Am very tired after a day in London.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Jan 18, 10:33 PM
    • 32,663 Posts
    • 463,602 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I have sent you a picture by our other means of communication

Originally posted by izzeyb

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 11th Jan 18, 11:35 PM
    • 3,248 Posts
    • 47,389 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    Evening luvlies

Quick post before bed

FREE MILK . Via printable moc, only redeemable in S

http://www.justmilk.com/lactose-free-milk/try-lactose-free-for-free
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 11th Jan 18, 11:55 PM
    • 5,254 Posts
    • 93,880 Thanks
    scamps1966
    Evening peeps.

Do they not ever give up?

Dear XXX,

We wanted to let you know that we noticed some unusual activity on your account and are concerned about potential unauthorized access. We need your help resolving this issue and have temporarily limited what you can do with your account .

What's going on?

We noticed some unusual activity on your PayPal account and are concerned about potential unauthorized account access.

What do I need to do?

Log in to your PayPal account and complete the steps required to secure your account. For your protection, account access will remain limited until you complete these steps.

The security of your PayPal account is a top priority for us and we want to work with you to protect it.

If you need help or have any questions, call us at 1-888-221-1161, 5:00 AM to 10:00 PM PT and Sat-Sun 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM PT. Please note that hours of operation may vary on holidays.

Sincerely,

PayPal
    • cjj
    • By cjj 12th Jan 18, 5:23 AM
    • 6,287 Posts
    • 84,143 Thanks
    cjj
    Morning all hope everyone is well.

Been awake over an hour worrying about work. Thought about it all last night too. I really can't go on like this. It's effecting my health.

Hope LEJC is ok <3

Hugs to snap and anyone else who needs/wants one xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 12th Jan 18, 6:44 AM
    • 4,857 Posts
    • 59,280 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

Jan 18 - grocery/household to 14/1 = 38.42

• elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 12th Jan 18, 7:23 AM
    • 4,146 Posts
    • 45,832 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Friday.
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 12th Jan 18, 7:23 AM
    • 5,358 Posts
    • 70,731 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • zagubov
    • By zagubov 12th Jan 18, 7:23 AM
    • 15,063 Posts
    • 128,736 Thanks
    zagubov
    Good morning to all regulars, posters, visitors and lurkers!
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 12th Jan 18, 7:29 AM
    • 2,730 Posts
    • 36,843 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Good morning Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so. ((cjj))
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • tbw
    • By tbw 12th Jan 18, 7:36 AM
    • 4,727 Posts
    • 55,114 Thanks
    tbw
    Evening peeps.

Do they not ever give up?

Dear XXX,

We wanted to let you know that we noticed some unusual activity on your account and are concerned about potential unauthorized access. We need your help resolving this issue and have temporarily limited what you can do with your account .

What's going on?

We noticed some unusual activity on your PayPal account and are concerned about potential unauthorized account access.

What do I need to do?

Log in to your PayPal account and complete the steps required to secure your account. For your protection, account access will remain limited until you complete these steps.

The security of your PayPal account is a top priority for us and we want to work with you to protect it.

If you need help or have any questions, call us at 1-888-221-1161, 5:00 AM to 10:00 PM PT and Sat-Sun 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM PT. Please note that hours of operation may vary on holidays.

Sincerely,

PayPal
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    I keep getting similar notifications from Apple - the first few times I called Apple as the messages looked authentic but now I just delete them. I can see how people get sucked in by these bar stewards. The giveaway is usually the interesting grammar !
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Jan 18, 8:11 AM
    • 18,557 Posts
    • 201,764 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, yet another grey day, can't wait for spring and a bit of consistent (hopefully) sunshine.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Jan 18, 8:15 AM
    • 32,663 Posts
    • 463,602 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Morning all hope everyone is well.

Been awake over an hour worrying about work. Thought about it all last night too. I really can't go on like this. It's effecting my health.

Hope LEJC is ok <3

Hugs to snap and anyone else who needs/wants one xx
    Originally posted by cjj
    At least youve made the decision......I cant go on like this.......but please dont let it affect your health cjj. Take control of the situation and find a way through it. If you cant face work any longer, then see what the alternatives are. Its such a shame as you really enjoyed it at the outset but theres other jobs out there Im sure. Good luck
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 12th Jan 18, 8:21 AM
    • 9,844 Posts
    • 114,019 Thanks
    emerald21
    Good Morning all .

In the words of TM did we know there was a coupon in the Tesco magazine for a free hot drink in the Tesco cafes, doesn t say includes drinking chocolate though valid until 21 st of January.
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 12th Jan 18, 8:25 AM
    • 2,932 Posts
    • 45,891 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning. Love Friday's
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 12th Jan 18, 8:35 AM
    • 1,458 Posts
    • 16,548 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Good morning everyone : Hope you are all well, sending hugs to cjj and anyone else who is struggling in one way or another xx
    • tweets
    • By tweets 12th Jan 18, 8:47 AM
    • 28,353 Posts
    • 416,715 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning

cjj (((X)))
    Lost 3st-1lb
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Jan 18, 8:56 AM
    • 16,287 Posts
    • 202,175 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning all

I am getting the lemsips out this morning - been ignoring it now for days and weeks but this is def a low level cotangent cold which is typical when we have over night guests at the weekend
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Jan 18, 8:58 AM
    • 16,287 Posts
    • 202,175 Thanks
    mhoc
    Big thanks to the kind person who encouraged us to go to the ref board and put our codes in. A kind person has used my shopmiumms code this morning - I think I get a free Lindt bar but its not showing on my list yet - will it take a few days, am I being impatient??? Free chocolate is always very exciting!

I think it might be a good filler item for a
    a v Mr T shop

if propercorn is still on the COS list and my store has restocked and I can think of a good enough comparison list ...

Also can I ask what happens now. Do I delete my original message? How long before I can put a new code up? Will shopimumm issue me with a brand new code?
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 12th Jan 18, 8:58 AM
    • 1,940 Posts
    • 23,598 Thanks
    curl girl
    My lounge looks like xmas has only just happened at the moment.

It had all been cleared and tidy for New Year

I had my bad stomach pains yesterday so couldn't get on and had other plans today. And now I have Jacobs to find a home for too.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    I was only wondering the other day where the elite find the space to store all their bargains?!

You all must have massive houses.

Morning peeps.
    Feel like I've been up forever....
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,425Posts Today

7,838Users online

Martin's Twitter