Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,701Posts
    • 36,131Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 746
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 11th Jan 18, 7:50 PM
    • 3,454 Posts
    • 33,991 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Hello everyone. Ive tried to keep up but RL is a bit all-embracing at the moment. But I did get two tickets to a concert tomorrow night via Show Film First, so Ive not stopped being mse!

Someone asked about the January/February Boots magazine. The coupons at the back are:
    • 100 AC points wyb a No7 make-up brush or sponge
    • Free eye test wyb glasses or prescription sunglasses (book online)
    • Save 2 on Soap & Glory spectaculips galactic glaze or Matte-allic lip products
    • Save 25% on Champleys Detox Hip & thigh firming gel (200ml), firming mud (350g), skin firming shower scrub (250ml), seaweed & sea salt scrub (450g), skin firming body butter (300ml)
    • 150 AC points wys 15 or more
    • Save 1/3 on personalised photobooks

Personally I am not impressed but I hope this helps someone.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Jan 18, 7:51 PM
    • 49,514 Posts
    • 603,773 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    abailey you said you wasnt pregnant the other day!!Congratulations
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 10 1/2 lb week 43
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 11th Jan 18, 7:52 PM
    • 4,359 Posts
    • 88,254 Thanks
    izzeyb
    My little-ish @'s store which has had no kallo, no cow & gate, no propercorn, no hippeas, no christmas corner, has got raspberry dougnut muller lite. YEAH!!! I can confirm that they are still working.
    Although i'm not a fan of youghurts and usually give them away I did participate in one tonight as I have a tooth abscess (I look like a hamster with full cheeks) and I must say they are quite nice.
    Originally posted by nettiebobs

Hi nettiebobs, would you mind posting up your shop please and who it compared to.

Many thanks

• zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 11th Jan 18, 8:04 PM
    • 14,159 Posts
    • 230,377 Thanks
    zippydooda
    izzey

ending today, mccain straight cut home fries

1.85 or 2 for 3 v 1.23 waitrose

so after apg = 75p per 900g bag

https://groceries.asda.com/product/oven-chips/mccain-straight-cut-home-chips/910001448430
    not tested
    Last edited by zippydooda; 11-01-2018 at 8:16 PM.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 11th Jan 18, 8:23 PM
    • 4,359 Posts
    • 88,254 Thanks
    izzeyb
    izzey

ending today, mccain straight cut home fries

1.85 or 2 for 3 v 1.23 waitrose

so after apg = 75p per 900g bag

https://groceries.asda.com/product/oven-chips/mccain-straight-cut-home-chips/910001448430
    not tested
    Originally posted by zippydooda

I have sent you a picture by our other means of communication

Unavailable in my store

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Jan 18, 8:33 PM
    • 49,514 Posts
    • 603,773 Thanks
    bubbs

Third week for That Sister & she is starting to be knocked for six - only another three weeks & it will be over ♥
    She is moving to the retreat place next week so hopefully the pampering will raise her spirits
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Soon be over Snap, wising her all the best and the rest of the family xx
    Afternoon

Found some M&S bargains that were not showing on the sale links even though in the sale. Mostly makeup sets and makeup/washbags from 1.99 upwards...

EDIT:

Try this link as original did not work, change items low to high price.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/l/beauty/makeup

More on this link again change to low to high price.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/l/beauty/gifting

Hope links works you should be able to scroll through from low to high price.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Must have missed them all but thanks x
    Mullers worked for me today with easter egg trigger x
    Originally posted by Claire1972
    Still v s?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th Jan 18, 8:42 PM
    • 4,849 Posts
    • 59,187 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Hello everyone. Ive tried to keep up but RL is a bit all-embracing at the moment. But I did get two tickets to a concert tomorrow night via Show Film First, so Ive not stopped being mse!

Someone asked about the January/February Boots magazine. The coupons at the back are:
    • 100 AC points wyb a No7 make-up brush or sponge
    • Free eye test wyb glasses or prescription sunglasses (book online)
    • Save 2 on Soap & Glory spectaculips galactic glaze or Matte-allic lip products
    • Save 25% on Champleys Detox Hip & thigh firming gel (200ml), firming mud (350g), skin firming shower scrub (250ml), seaweed & sea salt scrub (450g), skin firming body butter (300ml)
    • 150 AC points wys 15 or more
    • Save 1/3 on personalised photobooks

Personally I am not impressed but I hope this helps someone.
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    It was I who asked about the mag, as my store always seems very slow in getting round to displaying them, so many thanks for listing the mocs.

I agree they don't seem very inspiring this month.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

Jan 18 - grocery/household to 14/1 = 38.42

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 11th Jan 18, 9:02 PM
    • 27,285 Posts
    • 378,334 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Soon be over Snap, wising her all the best and the rest of the family xx

Must have missed them all but thanks x

Still v s?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Bubbs this palette that me, mhoc and Sarahdol got is still available

https://www.marksandspencer.com/get-the-look-pallete/p/p22512554?prevPage=plp

But yes most of the stuff has gone I didn't realise when I posted but some of it had already hit the darkside...
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 11th Jan 18, 9:05 PM
    • 27,285 Posts
    • 378,334 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    And this looks posh for 2.99

https://www.marksandspencer.com/eau-de-toilette-50ml/p/p22513644?prevPage=plp

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 11th Jan 18, 9:20 PM
    • 3,029 Posts
    • 43,956 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Biona organic Black beans x6 1.09
    BionaButter beans x6 1.09
    BionaTomatoes x12 99p
    Gluten free gravy x6 1.65
    Biona organic Aduki beand x6 1.09
    Mrs crumbles Cheese biscuitsx12 1.75

All errors on amazon pantry, I’m hoping these links don’t link to my account
    Last edited by ilovetoshop; 11-01-2018 at 9:23 PM.
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Jan 18, 9:32 PM
    • 49,514 Posts
    • 603,773 Thanks
    bubbs
    Bubbs this palette that me, mhoc and Sarahdol got is still available

https://www.marksandspencer.com/get-the-look-pallete/p/p22512554?prevPage=plp

But yes most of the stuff has gone I didn't realise when I posted but some of it had already hit the darkside...
    I dont know who i would give them too
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • thepearce
    • By thepearce 11th Jan 18, 9:33 PM
    • 2,183 Posts
    • 12,932 Thanks
    thepearce
    Yes, this is what I was thinking about. I thought just having no money in the account would do it (it has for me in the past on a different card), but past two days it's just authorised multiple transactions on AP even though there's only a few pence in my bank.
    What about doing 1p transactions with the reader.. would that work? 1.7% of 1p?
    Your pm is full too.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    I bought a sumup card reader to play. Was nice and easy doing it from the comfort of my sofa. Minimum transaction of 1. "Unfortunately" I had some declined transactions along the way - this was by chance and I had no control over it. There is an option to refund payments but for 2p a pop I decided not to rock the boat. You can get a sumup reader cheaply on amazon. I bought mine directly with a referal discount.
    Last edited by thepearce; 11-01-2018 at 9:44 PM.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 11th Jan 18, 9:35 PM
    • 27,285 Posts
    • 378,334 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I dont know who i would give them too
    Only a bargain if you would have someone in mind, I am going to put away for my cousins girls....I think....

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Jan 18, 10:00 PM
    • 49,514 Posts
    • 603,773 Thanks
    bubbs
    Only a bargain if you would have someone in mind, I am going to put away for my cousins girls....I think....
    You think
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 11th Jan 18, 10:06 PM
    • 27,285 Posts
    • 378,334 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    You think
    My lounge looks like xmas has only just happened at the moment.

It had all been cleared and tidy for New Year

I had my bad stomach pains yesterday so couldn't get on and had other plans today. And now I have Jacobs to find a home for too.

• Anon
    • By Anon 11th Jan 18, 10:08 PM
    • 12,178 Posts
    • 139,301 Thanks
    Anon
    I bought a sumup card reader to play. Was nice and easy doing it from the comfort of my sofa. Minimum transaction of 1. "Unfortunately" I had some declined transactions along the way - this was by chance and I had no control over it. There is an option to refund payments but for 2p a pop I decided not to rock the boat. You can get a sumup reader cheaply on amazon. I bought mine directly with a referal discount.
    Originally posted by thepearce
    ... You will be registering yourself for Am3x SS promo next year - no fear of you appearing on the map for customers coming to your house given their shambolic approach .

In all seriousness, I am sure you have but others need to read the T&Cs of these payment processing machines before getting/using them - there are regulations that affect credit/debit card payments/payment processing etc. A quick glance at their terms also shows if they find that it is being used inappropriately, as judged by them, they can close your account and charge you 200 Euro, plus report you. I am genuinely not scaremongering, just expressing concern that this is not just exploiting the Droid promo, but a potentially greater issue than that.

HTH

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 11-01-2018 at 11:08 PM.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Jan 18, 10:17 PM
    • 32,644 Posts
    • 463,358 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good morning all

Tm must have been up this way too and cavorting with Mr Mac as we now have flu too
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Im saying nothing
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Jan 18, 10:19 PM
    • 32,644 Posts
    • 463,358 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Morning Elite

Was the lip balm and butter tested, I don't think I've seen anything about it since Izzey posted but might have missed something. Will check lunchtime if it hasn't. TIA

I'm currently struggling massively with early pregnancy hormones. Today is the second day I've had to shut myself in the loos at work because I can't stop crying over the most smallest thing ever. I was not like this with my first at all. My stomach has ballooned too. How am I going to keep this secret for another few weeks?!
    Originally posted by abailey54
    Awwwww.......congratulations abailey

Its about time we had another elite baby
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • glitter_bug
    • By glitter_bug 11th Jan 18, 10:20 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 3,353 Thanks
    glitter_bug
    I went to Mr T today and they had some renova skin care 12 pack toilet rolls on a huge pallet. They were reduced from 6 to 4 so I picked up two packs. They scanned through at 6 So I went to customer service desk and the trout proceeded to tell me that I must have picked the wrong packs I told her I would be more then happy to showher the shelf label
    Back at the tills she started to refund me and I kindly mentioned their dtd policy to which she gave me the dirtiest look and shouted some one must have forgot to change the price on the pallet as the correct price was showing on a nearby shelf I wasnt entitled to dtd I stood my ground and was refunded 8
    Though she did scribble all over my receipt Refunded in capitals aswell as demanding my club card so she could take off any club card points ! She also refused to give a receipt to confirm I had been refunded so will keep an eye out on my back statement to make sure the money goes back in
    I can also confirm at Mr T that I found a lonely Christmas box of ferrero rocher which scanned through at 1.50 and some black magic chocolate boxes scanning at 75p (there was a full shelf full as it was labelled up at 4 I think ) I have pictures but have not posted any before so have no idea how its done
    Also found loads of reindeer drinking glasses at 9p at sada
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 11th Jan 18, 10:20 PM
    • 3,454 Posts
    • 33,991 Thanks
    Picasso7
    It was I who asked about the mag, as my store always seems very slow in getting round to displaying them, so many thanks for listing the mocs.

I agree they don't seem very inspiring this month.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Was glad to help. I keep hoping for another one like the shampoo we were being paid to take away!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

235Posts Today

1,717Users online

Martin's Twitter